Week 3 Injury Report

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Week 3 Injury Report

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:01 am

9 players didn't practice on Wednesday.
Here's the story from PFT:

Seahawks starting cornerback Riq Woolen (chest) did not practice Wednesday, and it sounds like he probably won’t play Sunday.

“He’s pretty sore,” Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said, via John Boyle of the team website. “It’s going to be a pretty good recovery for him to get back.”

Woolen, though, will not need a stint on injured reserve.

Tre Brown would replace Woolen at right corner after Brown started at left corner for Devon Witherspoon in the opener. Brown had an interception return for a touchdown in the win over the Lions in Week 2.

Receiver DK Metcalf also was one of the nine Seahawks who didn’t practice Wednesday after taking a shot to the ribs on the first possession against the Lions. He played 60 of 72 snaps, and Carroll indicated Metcalf will play in Week 3.

“He’s going to make it through the week. He’ll be all right,” Carroll said. “We’ll take care of him, but he’s going to be all right.”

Metcalf said he felt “great.”

Offensive tackle Charles Cross (toe), tight end Will Dissly (shoulder), safety Julian Love (hamstring), cornerback Coby Bryant (toe), defensive tackle Jarran Reed (groin), defensive end Boye Mafe (knee) and linebacker Devin Bush (shoulder) also missed Wednesday’s on-field work.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Re: Week 3 Injury Report

Postby 4XPIPS » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:56 pm

Hopefully Tre Brown can redeem himself as I am not sold he should be out there at all. His pick six was huge, but if you look at that play he was clearly beat once again and trailing the receiver in a crossing pattern and Goff threw a bad pass which almost looked like it was intended for Tre Brown. Had Goff put that ball anywhere close to the receiver's catch box it would have been a reception for decent yards. I prefer Michael Jackson at this point, but I guess he isn't a huge step up from Brown. Either way once Riq gets back both of them will be reserved.

Good to see DK to make it back, and hopefully Diss can play because his blocking and sneaky TE routes are very impactful.

Just saw the team rankings, and I know it has only been two week but Seahawks are the 31st ranked defense, no surprise there. Panthers have the 8th ranked defense, but the 32nd ranked passing offense. So maybe our secondary will get an opportunity to correct itself with Panthers on the road.
Last edited by 4XPIPS on Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:04 pm

It looks like Bryce Young will not play against the Hawks. No it will be Andy Dalton. Ugh, Seahawks nightmare facing a backup with some experience.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:29 pm

Uppercut wrote:It looks like Bryce Young will not play against the Hawks. No it will be Andy Dalton. Ugh, Seahawks nightmare facing a backup with some experience.

isn't it ironic that a team will be better off with a veteran backup. Look at Minshew, he played so much better with in the pocket for the Colts. Richardson has been hurt in both of his games, and if they continue to run him like Cam Newton and use his athleticism to make plays he won't have a long career. Bryce is more of a polished passer, but he tends to stick to his first reed and is playing what a rookie looks like. Too bad for us as I was hoping we can redeem our pass defense this week. Maybe Dalton is washed up, but we shall see.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:10 pm

Speaking of devasting injuries, the Cowboys lost Trevon Diggs to ACL tear during practice. He is the best DB and their defense is playing at a high level, wow what a blow. Hope he recovers soon
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:44 pm

Mike Morris to IR, out for the season,, oof I was hoping to see him grow with our DL, but that will have to wait till next season
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:00 am

Yeah, the injury bug seems to be quite active in this early part of the season. It's likely to generate more conversations about field surfaces.

Wollen is likely out as Pete said that he'd have to make a "dramatic" change between now and Sunday. Cross has already been ruled out. Adams still isn't a full go.

In addition to Bryce Young, one of the Panthers' starting cornerbacks, Shaq Thompson, was lost for the year with a knee injury during their MNF game.

Even with the players we've lost, this should be a slam dunk win for us. The Panthers are one of the worst teams in the league.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:40 am

I'm with Uppercut in being leery of experienced backup QBs. It seems we really let down against those teams and end up making it tougher on ourselves or even lose to them.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:18 am

I would not be surprised if Youngs injury is minor, The coaches probably know that Dalton is like 4-1 against Seattle and why not play him in a tough setting?
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:50 pm

Uppercut wrote:I would not be surprised if Youngs injury is minor, The coaches probably know that Dalton is like 4-1 against Seattle and why not play him in a tough setting?

That's the rumor that's been floating around, that they didn't want to bench Young and touch off a firestorm, so they came up with a pseudo injury. The only problem with that is a team can get into trouble for falsifying injury reports.

However, I do feel that Dalton probably gives the Panthers a better chance of winning. Obviously, he's not as mobile as Young, but with our pass rush, or lack thereof, he doesn't need to be. He's played a lot of football and could cause our patch work secondary some real headaches.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum