Week 3 Other Games

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Week 3 Other Games

Postby 4XPIPS » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:11 pm

HOLY SMOKES! Does Tua think he is still playing the SEC?!??!

70-20 Dolphins over the Broncos, with 8:01 left in the 4th to go. Russell looking below average, and the narrative will be he is done and this was a franchise sinking decision to acquire him. Goodness this week 3 has been full of surprises.

Texans pounded the Jags, didn't see that one.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Re: Week 3 Other Games

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:01 am

4XPIPS wrote:HOLY SMOKES! Does Tua think he is still playing the SEC?!??!

70-20 Dolphins over the Broncos, with 8:01 left in the 4th to go. Russell looking below average, and the narrative will be he is done and this was a franchise sinking decision to acquire him. Goodness this week 3 has been full of surprises.

Texans pounded the Jags, didn't see that one.

That's the nice thing about watching the Red Zone. I saw parts of every game, and all of the Hawks/Panthers and Steelers/Raiders.

That back handed pitch while running away from the play that Tua executed for a TD was insane. I've never seen a play quite like that, at least none that were successful. I felt like I was watching Pistol Pete Maravich playing basketball.

The Texans/Jags game, next to the Cards upsetting the Cowpies, had to be the biggest surprise of the day, not so much that they won but the manner in which they did. Next to the Bears, I had pegged the Texans as the worst team in the league. Two Texas teams, one pulling off a big upset, the other being the victim of one.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:33 am

I think what it shows is that even the bad teams are much closer to parity than we often think and that there's no such thing as automatic wins that we all talk about when considering the schedule.
The Cards were close in their other games as well but couldn't pull it off. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us in Arizona and maybe even at home, too. Not saying that they will, but it wouldn't surprise me.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:23 am

NorthHawk wrote:I think what it shows is that even the bad teams are much closer to parity than we often think and that there's no such thing as automatic wins that we all talk about when considering the schedule.
The Cards were close in their other games as well but couldn't pull it off. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us in Arizona and maybe even at home, too. Not saying that they will, but it wouldn't surprise me.

There's not a very big home field advantage for the Cards when we play there. I've been to three Hawks-Cards games in Glendale, and they all had close to 50% Seahawk fans in the stands. There's a lot of retirees and snowbirds from the Northwest down there.

I was watching ESPN's "Get Up" this morning, and they sure laid it on the Bears. Last week, Justin Fields made some comments that suggested he was blaming his coaching staff for their sordid performances. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't win a game the entire season.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:34 am

Maybe the Bears are the team that's going to tank for the #1 pick this year and not the Cards.
They might as well. Fields hasn't developed - or maybe they ruined his career or are ruining it with their coaching and player development, so Caleb Williams might be on their radar.
However, I think the Front Office will be cleaned out there, so maybe the new regime will see something salvageable with Fields and they go in a different direction.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum