PFF Player Grade Rankings after Week 3

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

PFF Player Grade Rankings after Week 3

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:20 am

For what it's worth, here's some player grades of interest as compiled by Pro Football Focus:

QB #1 is Tua followed by Mahomes. Russell Wilson is ranked #11. Geno Smith is ranked #12.

WR Tyreek Hill and Brandon Aiyuk are #1 and #2. DK Metcalf is ranked #22, Jake Bobo #43, Tyler Lockett #44.

RB Raheem Mostert (Mia) and James Conner (Az) are 1-2 respectively. Kenneth Walker is #7, Zach Charbonnet #15.

TE Josh Oliver (Vikings) is #1, Will Dissly #2, Noah Fant #9. Kittle is ranked 4th, Kelce 10th.

Center Ryan Kelly (Colts) and Conner Williams (Fins) are 1-2. Evan Brown is ranked 16th.

Guards Damien Lewis is ranked #28, Phil Haynes #34.

OT Stone Forsythe #37, Jake Curran #38.

CB Tariq Woolen #29, Devon Witherspoon #41, Michael Jackson #48.

Safeties Julian Love #74, Coby Bryant #84, Quandre Diggs #85, which is rock bottom, last one ranked.

LB Bobby Wagner #11, Jordyn Brooks #43.

Interior DL #1 Jalen Carter (Phi), Mario Edwards T-#19, Jarran Reed #32, Dre Mont Jones #74.

Edge Nick Bosa #1 (Surprise!), Boye Mafe #29, Derick Hall #77, Darrel Taylor #103.
Last edited by RiverDog on Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: PFF Player Grade Rankings after Week 3

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:34 am

And Ken Walker received the NFC Offensive player of the Week for his performance on Sunday.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:50 am

NorthHawk wrote:And Ken Walker received the NFC Offensive player of the Week for his performance on Sunday.

I'm not necessarily saying that Walker didn't deserve it, but you would think that he wouldn't have gotten it as he didn't crack 100 yards rushing and with Miami racking up a near record 70 points, including a 208-yard rushing performance, 238 yards from scrimmage, from De'von Achane.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:02 am

Interior DL #1 Jalen Carter (Phi)

Ah what could have been ...
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:27 am

Interior DL #1 Jalen Carter (Phi)

c_hawkbob wrote:Ah what could have been ...

Yeah, if he keeps producing like he has in his first 3 games, there's definitely going to be a lot of second guessing, not only by us, but by several other teams that had a need and passed on him. That's why I noted it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:03 pm

Will Dissly #2?

I knew it!!

I always felt that Dissly is an excellent blocking TE, but he can disguise his runs block so well and sneak and catch those underneath passes so well. You will find Dissly more wide open often than Parkinson. I feel Parkinson gets happy feet on a screen play and does not sell the block all too well and gets covered on his routes. Hopefully we can get Dissly back in there and run our 3 TE trifecta!
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:07 pm

Jalen Carter comes to Seattle, he probably sucks.

Jalen Carter going to the Eagles where they already have a great D-line, he gets t relax and focus on a very narrow job looking good. Any D-line playing next to Fletcher Cox and that group is going to look better.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:21 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Jalen Carter comes to Seattle, he probably sucks.

Jalen Carter going to the Eagles where they already have a great D-line, he gets t relax and focus on a very narrow job looking good. Any D-line playing next to Fletcher Cox and that group is going to look better.

Yup.
He’s playing pretty well, but there he doesn’t have to be’The Man’, but just one of the DL.
Here he’d have a microscope on him every day with questions about what’s wrong if he didn’t produce or had questionable behavior on or off the field.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:37 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Jalen Carter comes to Seattle, he probably sucks.

NorthHawk wrote:Yup.
He’s playing pretty well, but there he doesn’t have to be’The Man’, but just one of the DL.
Here he’d have a microscope on him every day with questions about what’s wrong if he didn’t produce or had questionable behavior on or off the field.

That's not going to stop the second guessing. If Witherspoon doesn't pan out and Carter turns into an All Pro, you'll be hearing about it for 10 years.

But I do agree that Carter fell into a near perfect situation. IMO it's one of the reasons why the Eagles felt like they could afford the PR risk, that he won't be looked at as 'the man.'
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:49 pm

RiverDog wrote:That's not going to stop the second guessing. If Witherspoon doesn't pan out and Carter turns into an All Pro, you'll be hearing about it for 10 years.

But I do agree that Carter fell into a near perfect situation. IMO it's one of the reasons why the Eagles felt like they could afford the PR risk, that he won't be looked at as 'the man.'

Barring injury, I only see Witherspoon getting better.

I'd sure like a good D-line guy, but Witherspoon looks like the real deal to me. Aggressive, fast, and good instincts. He's a gamer.

Personally, I don't think Jalen would have done much here. Eagles D-line is one of their strengths. Jalen will look good because all the talent around him will enable it. He still don't look like a Suh or a Donald. Just looks like a quality D-line guy like a Jarran Reed when we had good people around him.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:36 pm

RiverDog wrote:That's not going to stop the second guessing. If Witherspoon doesn't pan out and Carter turns into an All Pro, you'll be hearing about it for 10 years.

Aseahawkfan wrote:Barring injury, I only see Witherspoon getting better.

I'd sure like a good D-line guy, but Witherspoon looks like the real deal to me. Aggressive, fast, and good instincts. He's a gamer.

Personally, I don't think Jalen would have done much here. Eagles D-line is one of their strengths. Jalen will look good because all the talent around him will enable it. He still don't look like a Suh or a Donald. Just looks like a quality D-line guy like a Jarran Reed when we had good people around him.

The other thing that we have to keep in mind about Witherspoon is that he missed all of the first game and he's having to play with a very inept defensive line that's going to make any cornerback look suspect.

I didn't pay very close attention to Carter the other night, so I can't make an educated comment about his performance. But I trust PFF, and if they have him rated that high, he's obviously playing very well.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:27 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:
Barring injury, I only see Witherspoon getting better.

I've got to agree with most of this. I don't think we will regret the Witherspoon pick even if Carter plays really well for the Eagles. He didn't just go to a good situation in Philly he went to to best possible situation for him to be successful. It was a great pick by Philly and relatively low risk for them compared to every other team.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby TriCitySam » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:50 pm

But it is PFF. Geno is 8th and RW 12th in QBR rankings, and 8th vs RW 16 on The Ringer's rankings.
TriCitySam
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:25 pm

TriCitySam wrote:But it is PFF. Geno is 8th and RW 12th in QBR rankings, and 8th vs RW 16 on The Ringer's rankings.

PFF is the gold standard for this type of analysis. Teams actually pay attention to their rankings.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum