Other games today...

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Other games today...

Postby Spohawk5092 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:18 pm

so anyone know what is going on with the Lions today in Baltimore?? Last I checked Ravens lead 38-0!!!!!!
Spohawk5092
Legacy

Re: Other games today...

Postby Uppercut » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:39 pm

True, and the Bears hammering the raiders 30-6
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:46 pm

Did the Ravens come up with some defensive scheme to shut down what the Lions were doing? They got crushed.

Cleveland's defense was rocked today. Browns still won though.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:57 pm

Somehow the Rams lost to the Steelers and are now 3-3, although as typical in LA, the crowd was mostly for the Steelers, there was no way they should of given up 2 TD's in the 4th to the 31st ranked offense.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:19 pm

How the hell did the Rams beat us 30-13 at home. I guess we were just not ready. We'll see how that goes next time.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:14 am

Two performance from future foes really stuck out yesterday. The first was the Ravens absolute undressing of the Lions. I only saw bits and pieces on the Red Zone, but they were up 28-0 at halftime. Lamar Jackson, my FF QB, racked up a huge game. I had the Lions as being a Tier 1 team and Ravens in the 2nd tier, but it looks like I'm going to have to flip flop them.

The other impressive game, one that I did watch in its entirety, was the Eagles win over the Fins. The Eagle's D was outstanding, shutting down the most potent offense in the league. Up until yesterday, they had been looking very average, losing to the lowly Jets, and this was the first game they've played against a legitimate contender, the first game they've had against a team with a winning record. We get both teams later in the season.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:38 am

The Browns D looks really tough and the Ravens played a complete game. It might be that the Ravens just have the Lions number. Some games are like that in that the matchups really favor one team.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:56 am

NorthHawk wrote:The Browns D looks really tough and the Ravens played a complete game. It might be that the Ravens just have the Lions number. Some games are like that in that the matchups really favor one team.

I didn't see much of the Browns game, but the Colts, a very pedestrian team with a homeless quarterback was able to hang 38 on the Browns' D.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:33 pm

and that Brown D, well they have the probable defensive player of the year going bonkers, in Myles Garrett. He's exactly the kind of player that will totally blow up our offensive tackles and yesterday he did a perfect "Kam Chancellor" over the guard to block a field goal. The dude can wreck the game.
I have no idea how Indy scored that much, but I doubt we can.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:22 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:and that Brown D, well they have the probable defensive player of the year going bonkers, in Myles Garrett. He's exactly the kind of player that will totally blow up our offensive tackles and yesterday he did a perfect "Kam Chancellor" over the guard to block a field goal. The dude can wreck the game.
I have no idea how Indy scored that much, but I doubt we can.

The Colts didn't score 38 points with smoke and mirrors. They beat the Browns in nearly every statistical department, ie first downs, passing yardage, rushing yardage, and time of possession. They did have more turnovers, though.

But I agree with you. If we're going to beat the Browns, we're going to need our defense to hold them to under 20 points as I don't see us scoring 3 TD's on them, especially with the way we've been performing in the red zone.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:28 am

The Niners lost again last night, dropping them into a tie in the loss column with us. Purdy had his 2nd straight poor outing, throwing two picks in the 4th quarter when the Niners were trying to come from behind. McCaffery fumbling in the red zone in the first half in a low scoring game was a killer.
FG kicker that choked last week missed another gimme. Their defense couldn't get off the field. If I'm a Niners fan, I'd be disappointed in losing another very winnable game to an inferior opponent.

I still think the Niners are the class of the division, but I'd drop them below the Eagles in the conference if I had to post a power ranking.

It's an interesting season. There's a clear difference between the top teams and the second-tier teams, but the top teams keep turning in sub standard performances, ie Niners, Eagles, Bills, Lions, et al.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:27 am

On any given Monday, right?
We've now seen Purdy twice not be able to come from behind so maybe there is some type of 'book' on him and how to neutralize his effectiveness.
I think he can still be a pretty good QB, but he hasn't been able to rise above adversity so far, but his career is young and experience might make him a more effective QB in those situations.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:35 am

NorthHawk wrote:On any given Monday, right?
We've now seen Purdy twice not be able to come from behind so maybe there is some type of 'book' on him and how to neutralize his effectiveness.
I think he can still be a pretty good QB, but he hasn't been able to rise above adversity so far, but his career is young and experience might make him a more effective QB in those situations.

To be fair to Purdy, he did bring his team from behind vs. the Browns. You can't complain about a quarterback that takes his team from their own 25 with 1:39 left and with just one timeout and puts them within a 40 yard FG with 9 seconds left to win the game. That last drive was all on the FG kicker/special teams. Purdy did his job.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:31 pm

Interesting news on Purdy as he was placed into concussion protocol. Looks Sam Darnold is starting this weekend
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:52 pm

4XPIPS wrote:Interesting news on Purdy as he was placed into concussion protocol. Looks Sam Darnold is starting this weekend

I love seeing Frisco lose and the Rams. Cardinals not as much because they have sucked for so long. So anything that will make Frisco lose more often pleases me.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:00 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:
I love seeing Frisco lose and the Rams. Cardinals not as much because they have sucked for so long. So anything that will make Frisco lose more often pleases me.

Well I do agree seeing our division rivals struggle, but when its involving someone health I don't take enjoyment out of that.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:11 pm

Purdy was back on the field today, but not "practicing" under NFL mandated rules. No one knows at this time if he will be final cleared to play or held out. "game time decision" is what I would expect to see.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum