Week 8 Other Games

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Week 8 Other Games

Postby 4XPIPS » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:01 pm

Rams getting spanked at the moment by the Cowboys, and if score holds this would be an excellent start of the day. Eagles may drop one here to the Commanders if score holds.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Re: Week 8 Other Games

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:13 pm

Looks like we're gonna wind up in first place with the Niners losing to Cincy by two scores with 1:45 lft!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Spohawk5092 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:15 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Looks like we're gonna wind up in first place with the Niners losing to Cincy by two scores with 1:45 lft!

Yes indeedy!!
Spohawk5092
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:14 pm

It would have been a stretch, but nice if the Commanders were to pull it off then there would have been a 4 way tie with teams with two losses, and we have tie breaker over the Lions. However none the less we are still in a good spot.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:35 pm

Will Levis can rifle it, this kid looked like a star today for the Titans.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:50 pm

4XPIPS wrote:Will Levis can rifle it, this kid looked like a star today for the Titans.

I liked Levis in the draft, but nobody knows anything about him yet. Much like Purdy in SF, after Defenses get a bit of a book on his tendencies it will get tougher for him. When that happens, what he does will determine if he becomes a good NFL QB or not.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:00 pm

NorthHawk wrote:
I liked Levis in the draft, but nobody knows anything about him yet. Much like Purdy in SF, after Defenses get a bit of a book on his tendencies it will get tougher for him. When that happens, what he does will determine if he becomes a good NFL QB or not.

Absolutely, I don't think any QB can throw 4 TDS per game all year, but if you watch closely he has an insane wrist twitch and the ball comes zipping out on deep balls. It looked effortless for him
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:13 pm

Nobody knew anything about him?

Levis was a WAY more heralded player than Purdy was coming into the NFL. He was supposed to be a top ten (or better) pick in the draft until he played his senior year on a bum toe and looked somewhat less than superman. Even then it was a shock that he slipped to the second round. Levis was always going to be a stud IMO, and I wanted us to take him in the first round (second pick, after Carter with our first).
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:46 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Nobody knew anything about him?

Levis was a WAY more heralded player than Purdy was coming into the NFL. He was supposed to be a top ten (or better) pick in the draft until he played his senior year on a bum toe and looked somewhat less than superman. Even then it was a shock that he slipped to the second round. Levis was always going to be a stud IMO, and I wanted us to take him in the first round (second pick, after Carter with our first).

I wanted us to draft him, but what I meant is nobody really knows if his game will translate to big success in the NFL and teams don’t yet have a book on him in this Offense. Once they get some consistent film on him in varying situations it will become harder to play at a high level.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum