Penny's Season With The Eagles

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Penny's Season With The Eagles

Postby RiverDog » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:26 pm

Hopefully, you didn't have him on your fantasy football team.

Rashaad Penny's season stats are 3 carries for 9 yards. He's appeared in just one game this season for the Eagles, and as far as I can tell, he hasn't had any injuries that would prevent him from playing. He's been a healthy scratch for three games in a row:

Penny (coach's decision) is inactive for Sunday's game against the Commanders.

This marks the third game in a row with Penny being a healthy scratch. His chance to suit up will come if D'Andre Swift, Kenneth Gainwell or Boston Scott miss time.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... or-week-8/

I realize that the Eagles have a very deep running back corps, but come on, man!
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Penny's Season With The Eagles

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:04 pm

But he's a Hall of Famer in the making. Why is he on the bench?
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Re: Penny's Season With The Eagles

Postby RiverDog » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:25 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:But he's a Hall of Famer in the making. Why is he on the bench?

LOL! Yeah, too bad Hawktawk hung it up.

There must be something else going on that we're not hearing about. I've always thought of Penny as a one dimensional, overrated running back, but he's not that bad so as to get beat out by some no name like Kenneth Gainwell:

Last Sunday vs. the Commanders, Gainwell had -4 yards on two carries, including a fumble inside the 5-yard line.

Gainwell has been struggling throughout the year, having just 153 rushing yards and averaging 3.0 yards per carry in seven games. Of the 41 qualified running backs, Gainwell is 40th in yards per carry. Of the 107 players who have 10-plus carries since Week 4, Gainwell is 96th in yards per carry (2.4).
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum