Week 10 Other Games

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Week 10 Other Games

Postby 4XPIPS » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:52 pm

Anyone watching the 49ers vs Jags? This revamped pass rush with Young/Bosa/Hargrave/Armstead is almost like cheating. Trevor has no time do anything back there and I factor Trevor is much younger than a Geno Smith, and can move around more effectively than a Geno, but my goodness this pass rush is wicked and spells much trouble for the Hawks O-Line.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Re: Week 10 Other Games

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:04 pm

4XPIPS wrote:Anyone watching the 49ers vs Jags? This revamped pass rush with Young/Bosa/Hargrave/Armstead is almost like cheating. Trevor has no time do anything back there and I factor Trevor is much younger than a Geno Smith, and can move around more effectively than a Geno, but my goodness this pass rush is wicked and spells much trouble for the Hawks O-Line.

I am. It looks like the Niners have broken out of their slump. Adding Chase Young gives them another legitimate Pro Bowl quality pass rusher who might flourish playing opposite Bosa.

Getting Deebo Samuel back really helps, too.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:09 pm

Joshua Dobbs is an interesting story this year. Now that he is on a better team, it's quite interesting to see him help a team win and most likely get into the playoffs. Have to kind of root for the guy considering his journey thus far

Wanted to be a pilot, so signed up for pilot lessons when he was in Cleveland. Got traded right at the start of the season to the Cardinals. Had to cancel pilot school. Was the reason the Cardinals upset the Cowboys, but for the most part played ok considering the lack of talent around him. From local AZ news was settling into his a nice luxury Condo he had signed a lease with, and bam traded to the Vikings. Could you imagine a career where this happens to you and you could never get comfortable? I would say he is handling it quite well and looking to get a 2nd win in a row for the Vikings.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:34 pm

4XPIPS wrote:Joshua Dobbs is an interesting story this year. Now that he is on a better team, it's quite interesting to see him help a team win and most likely get into the playoffs. Have to kind of root for the guy considering his journey thus far

Wanted to be a pilot, so signed up for pilot lessons when he was in Cleveland. Got traded right at the start of the season to the Cardinals. Had to cancel pilot school. Was the reason the Cardinals upset the Cowboys, but for the most part played ok considering the lack of talent around him. From local AZ news was settling into his a nice luxury Condo he had signed a lease with, and bam traded to the Vikings. Could you imagine a career where this happens to you and you could never get comfortable? I would say he is handling it quite well and looking to get a 2nd win in a row for the Vikings.

Great story but how do you lease a condo? You own it or you dont. Thats the difference between a condo and an apartment.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:46 pm

Browns made an epic comeback and beat the Ravens. Wow this league week to week is full of surprises. Ravens were up 31 to 17 with 11:34 left to play.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:50 pm

EmeraldBullet wrote:
Great story but how do you lease a condo? You own it or you dont. Thats the difference between a condo and an apartment.

you really need an explanation? An apartment is defined as a residence that is rented, often as part of a larger residential building. A condo is owned by an individual owner or investment group. In most cases condos offer a more luxury option vs an apartment. So yes you can lease a luxury condo from an investment group or individual owner.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:38 am

Boy, a lot of upsets this weekend. I would have bet a lot of money against the Texans knocking off the suddenly resurgent Bengals. And WTF is up with the Ravens? Everyone had them as the newly crowned favorite to win the SB and they end up losing at home to what I felt was a 2nd tier Browns team.

Unfortunately for us, the Niners are back, broke out of their 3-game slump big time with a convincing win over a very good Jags team. They're my new #1 team in my personal power ranking. That defense is something else, and their offense now has Deebo back.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:51 am

RiverDog wrote:Boy, a lot of upsets this weekend. I would have bet a lot of money against the Texans knocking off the suddenly resurgent Bengals. And WTF is up with the Ravens? Everyone had them as the newly crowned favorite to win the SB and they end up losing at home to what I felt was a 2nd tier Browns team.

Unfortunately for us, the Niners are back, broke out of their 3-game slump big time with a convincing win over a very good Jags team. They're my new #1 team in my personal power ranking. That defense is something else, and their offense now has Deebo back.

I knew it was Deebo that made that offense work. Shanahan can't run his plays that Northhawk loves so much without Deebo. Deebo makes the offense run. Bosa makes their defense brutal. Lose those players, 49ers can be beat.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:13 am

RiverDog wrote:Boy, a lot of upsets this weekend. I would have bet a lot of money against the Texans knocking off the suddenly resurgent Bengals. And WTF is up with the Ravens? Everyone had them as the newly crowned favorite to win the SB and they end up losing at home to what I felt was a 2nd tier Browns team.

Aseahawkfan wrote:I knew it was Deebo that made that offense work. Shanahan can't run his plays that Northhawk loves so much without Deebo. Deebo makes the offense run. Bosa makes their defense brutal. Lose those players, 49ers can be beat.

Deebo is a great player and a huge asset for that team, but he wasn't the difference maker yesterday. He had just 59 yards total offense and didn't score his TD until late in the 3rd when the game was already decided. McCaffery is the blood and guts of that offense. He had 22 touches and 142 yards of total offense. But even when Deebo isn't contributing, defenses have to account for him. Kittle is playing well, too.

The big thing that impressed me about the Niners was that they completely shut down a very good Jacksonville team with one of the game's great young quarterbacks. They had won 5 games in a row, the longest winning streak in the league.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:41 am

EmeraldBullet wrote:Great story but how do you lease a condo? You own it or you dont. Thats the difference between a condo and an apartment.

Would you prefer he say "rent"? Renters sign leases to houses, apartments, condos, office buildings, and office spaces.

Good for him for landing in a decent spot. It's just cool to have a shot for any amount time at the top of the sport.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:45 am

Browns defense is legit, obviously. That's a feather in our cap that the Seahawks were able to score on them. The Ravens are good, but still beatable. If a team can wrangle their running game (including Lamar), they have a chance.

I didn't expect the 49ers to stay down; sports media tends to jump too hard at any one thing for headlines. Purdy came back down to earth a bit, which is expected given that defenses now have a season's worth of games to look at. Anyone thinking they were folding clearly were wishful thinking.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:04 am

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:I didn't expect the 49ers to stay down; sports media tends to jump too hard at any one thing for headlines. Purdy came back down to earth a bit, which is expected given that defenses now have a season's worth of games to look at. Anyone thinking they were folding clearly were wishful thinking.

I didn't expect Purdy or the Niners to stay down, either. But Holy cow, I sure as hell didn't expect them to squash a very good Jags team 34-3.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:22 pm

RiverDog wrote:Deebo is a great player and a huge asset for that team, but he wasn't the difference maker yesterday. He had just 59 yards total offense and didn't score his TD until late in the 3rd when the game was already decided. McCaffery is the blood and guts of that offense. He had 22 touches and 142 yards of total offense. But even when Deebo isn't contributing, defenses have to account for him. Kittle is playing well, too.

The big thing that impressed me about the Niners was that they completely shut down a very good Jacksonville team with one of the game's great young quarterbacks. They had won 5 games in a row, the longest winning streak in the league.

Deebo returns and suddenly Purdy looks like a champion QB again. Deebo makes any opponent defend Frisco differently and opens up opportunities for everyone else. Deebo sets up in so many different places on offense and is impactful in the run and pass.

Northawk is always talking up Shanahan's play calling and Deebo makes that work. He has 59 yards receiving and 29 yards rushing because he is a true offensive weapon who legitimately threaten run or pass. He is one of the most unlimited players in the NFL and allows an O-coordinator to line him up in a variety of places and plays. And he's a homerun hitter who can score running or passing.

Deebo's stats belie what he does for Frisco and that's even acknowledging 88 yards of offense and 1 TD are still good stats.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:11 pm

Bills vs Broncos

It's really hard to figure out the Bills, they are loaded on talent, and Josh Allen is stud for a QB, but for some reason they do appear mediocre at times
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:48 pm

4XPIPS wrote:Bills vs Broncos

It's really hard to figure out the Bills, they are loaded on talent, and Josh Allen is stud for a QB, but for some reason they do appear mediocre at times

I'm glad we got our draft picks. Denver has beaten the Chiefs and now the Bills. They are climbing out of their pit. They are one win away from matching last year's crap fest.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby trents » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:01 pm

Looks like Russ Wilson has gotten up off the matt like Rocky Balboa. He had good mobility tonight and connected on some magical plays.

On the other hand, Buffalo can't expect to win when committing 4 turnovers. Two years ago they were a team on the ascent. Now they are on the descent. Their run game didn't let them down tonight and looked better than it's looked in several years. But those 4 turnovers . . .
trents
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:17 pm

That end zone toe tap pass to Courtland Sutton was amazing. That was vintage Magic Russ. I want that type of QB back in Seattle soon.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:06 am

4XPIPS wrote:Bills vs Broncos

Allen is a turnover machine. He had three last night, giving him a league leading 14 for the season. To be fair, one of those INT's wasn't his fault, but a turnover is a turnover. At 5-5, they are in danger of missing the playoffs.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:49 am

Possible coaching change in Buffalo even if they squeak into the playoffs.
There's too much talent to get so few results.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:40 am

That was hard to watch; Buffalo couldn't get out of their own way and let the Broncos hang around. Those last two penalties were so bad. PI on Jeudy to cement FG range then 12 players on the field when Lutz missed his first game winning attempt.

They just fired their OC; I guess you can't fire Josh Allen, so they had to throw someone under the bus.

It's a very tight wild card race in AFC; Allen has to get it together.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum