Boye Mafe

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Boye Mafe

Postby 4XPIPS » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:19 pm

I think it is well deserved to give some cred to a young man who IMO is my favorite player to come out of the 2022 Draft. He may not be the best player from the 2022 draft, with K9 and Riq in that draft, but regardless his hard work and progression has shown tremendous progress.

Here are my thoughts, out of the entire 2022 Draft he has made the biggest progression. Which is still a very solid draft none the less, and one of the best overall drafts that Pete and John have had up to this point, or arguably their best collective draft ever.

He just surpassed a record held by Michael Sinclair from the 1997-1998 season with 7 consecutive games with a sack. That was all displayed in the game, and he was acknowledged for it. However, you have to stop and think for a minute with all the generational talent with pass rushers over the past 25 years that graced us with dominance in this league, we never had anyone on our roster the past 25 years that came close to this before. This speaks volumes because I try to imagine all the great pass rushers that have worn a Hawk's uni, and I can't name one that pops in my head as "the one" I would say would have held this record prior to Boye Mafe breaking it.

If you would have asked me prior to this game, name one Seahawks that holds the record for most consecutive sacks game by game, I would never have thought of Michael Sinclair. I would have guessed Tez, but he got doubled quite a bit later in his career. It's quite astonishing to think that over the years this record which seems like it would be achievable in a 16 game season just now got broken by a 2nd year player who is getting better and better.

Props to you young man!
4XPIPS
Legacy

Re: Boye Mafe

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:47 pm

There are only two other (1st and 2nd year) players in NFL history, Jevon Kearse and Aldon Smith, that have matched that record, a sack next week and he and Kearse will be tied with 8 in a row. And only one of the two would have the chance to extend it!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:19 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:There are only two other (1st and 2nd year) players in NFL history, Jevon Kearse and Aldon Smith, that have matched that record, a sack next week and he and Kearse will be tied with 8 in a row. And only one of the two would have the chance to extend it!

Well I hope they scheme up some stunts upcoming games. Stafford is not very mobile but crafty at getting rid of the ball so it will be a challenge, so I think he can snag one next week against the Rams.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:46 pm

4XPIPS wrote:Well I hope they scheme up some stunts upcoming games. Stafford is not very mobile but crafty at getting rid of the ball so it will be a challenge, so I think he can snag one next week against the Rams.

Is Stafford back?
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:08 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Is Stafford back?

By all reports he should ready after the bye vs Hawks, otherwise it's Wentz out there who hasn't played a meaningful snap for quite sometime. This should hopefully give Mafe a better chance to get a sack or two.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:50 am

Stafford is expected to start against us.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum