Jamal Adams Insults Reporter's Wife

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Jamal Adams Insults Reporter's Wife

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:14 pm

Have you guys heard about this?"

Seattle Seahawks safety Jamal Adams was beaten for what was essentially the winning touchdown by Jake Ferguson in Thursday’s 41-35 loss to the Dallas Cowboys. As if that wasn’t enough, he made matters worse on social media on Friday.

New York Jets beat reporter Connor Hughes, who’s covered the team since Adams was still with them, tweeted/X’ed “Yikes” on the touchdown (scored on Adams). He never mentioned Jamal by name, but it’s pretty clear who the “Yikes” is for. Nothing more, nothing less.

That prompted Adams to quote his post with his own “Yikes” response, except he chose to go after the appearance of Hughes’ wife. Adams eventually deleted the post, but here’s the screenshot.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/12/1/23 ... media-post

That prompted Adams to quote his post with his own “Yikes” response, except he chose to go after the appearance of Hughes’ wife. Adams eventually deleted the post, but here’s the screenshot.

I’m not aware of any potential feud between Hughes and Adams that could have stemmed from Jamal’s Jets career, but even still, this is incredibly immature and unjustified. It doesn’t seem like Adams is remorseful, either.

There’s not much more to say. From a football standpoint, the trade and subsequent market-setting contract has been an abject disaster for a variety of reasons. This year he’s already had multiple altercations with concussion doctors, and the one that got him fined wasn’t even for his own concussion check. Now he’s going after a reporter’s family because of a one-word social media slight.

I’ll end this article with Jamal’s own words from 2018: "Treat everyone with respect Yo. No matter how much success you have in life, being a asshole isn’t it."

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm done with this guy. He's a completely classless POS, exactly the type of person he said "isn't it."
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Jamal Adams Insults Reporter's Wife

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:42 pm

I want the two first round picks back. Just more proof Pete and John no longer have the mojo.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:53 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:I want the two first round picks back. Just more proof Pete and John no longer have the mojo.

Yeah, this has to go down as the worst trade in the Pete Carroll era, perhaps in franchise history.

But that wasn't my point. The subject of the thread is Adams' off field behavior. Earlier in the season, he berated a concussion doctor who was just trying to do his job and a lot of people (not sure if that includes any of our group) defended him by saying that it was the concussion that caused him to react the way he did, then he berates another concussion expert for an incident that didn't even involve him and was subsequently fined for, and now he reacts to a one word post on social media by insulting someone's wife. He took down the post, which essentially is an admission of guilt, yet he hasn't expressed even the slightest remorse for his actions.

The guy is a first-class A-hole.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:04 pm

RiverDog wrote:Yeah, this has to go down as the worst trade in the Pete Carroll era, perhaps in franchise history.

But that wasn't my point. The subject of the thread is Adams' off field behavior. Earlier in the season, he berated a concussion doctor who was just trying to do his job and a lot of people (not sure if that includes any of our group) defended him by saying that it was the concussion that caused him to react the way he did, then he berates another concussion expert for an incident that didn't even involve him and was subsequently fined for, and now he reacts to a one word post on social media by insulting someone's wife. He took down the post, which essentially is an admission of guilt, yet he hasn't expressed even the slightest remorse for his actions.

The guy is a first-class A-hole.

My point was this makes me want the picks back even more. Not a great player and not a great guy. He wasn't worth the trade on many levels, this is more proof of that.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:09 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:
My point was this makes me want the picks back even more. Not a great player and not a great guy. He wasn't worth the trade on many levels, this is more proof of that.

Well we can not undo the past, but we can certainly do something about this. I read this too over the weekend, and I felt disgusted to know a player felt it was necessary to take criticism to that low of a level. He got exposed with his lack of cover skills, and got beat one on one. For someone who shouts " I am the best!" sure doesn't walk it when it comes to coverage. However, in this particular setting Adams was criticized for his play, and it was warranted as he hardly put up a fight when it came to covering Dallas' TE. Instead of criticizing the reporters reporting skills, which would have been a fair rebuttal, but childish at the same time considering the situation, he took it to a a whole new low level of criticizing the reporter's wife, and her appearance. That is absolutely ridiculous on all levels.

There are some lines you just don't cross, and Jamal did that, because let's be honest he knows he is done here and he got his guaranteed pay, and will never ever sniff a contract like that ever again. He knows he isn't in the future for us, and could care less being a pro on and off the field.

What I would like to have done is to have him cut from the roster. He isn't worth the injury risk nor is he worth the off field distraction. Other players have been cut because they cause off field distractions that aren't worth the play.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:25 pm

Going after a man's wife is definitely low class. It's HS bully action.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:42 pm

I didn't even think the reporter's wife was unattractive, so the response wasn't even appropriate on that level. It was just pure spite and idiocy by Jamal Adams.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:37 pm

4XPIPS wrote:There are some lines you just don't cross, and Jamal did that, because let's be honest he knows he is done here and he got his guaranteed pay, and will never ever sniff a contract like that ever again. He knows he isn't in the future for us, and could care less being a pro on and off the field.

What I would like to have done is to have him cut from the roster. He isn't worth the injury risk nor is he worth the off field distraction. Other players have been cut because they cause off field distractions that aren't worth the play.

It might have been a little different (but not much) had she been somewhat involved. But her only sin was being married to a guy who is probably a bit of a jerk himself, and for that, she gets insulted by an All Pro NFL player. As ASF said, she's actually quite attractive and has received numerous compliments about her looks, so there isn't any real harm to her. It just makes Adams look really, really bad.

I sure as hell hope that this is the straw that broke Pete's back. I don't like rooting for A-holes and hence don't want them on my team.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:06 pm

RiverDog wrote:It might have been a little different (but not much) had she been somewhat involved. But her only sin was being married to a guy who is probably a bit of a jerk himself, and for that, she gets insulted by an All Pro NFL player. As ASF said, she's actually quite attractive and has received numerous compliments about her looks, so there isn't any real harm to her. It just makes Adams look really, really bad.

I sure as hell hope that this is the straw that broke Pete's back. I don't like rooting for A-holes and hence don't want them on my team.

This creates a problem, because there are some messed up fanboys out there, especially some who are probably from Jamal Adams hometown that will take this opportunity to troll her and flamer her online, and this can get serious.

Here is an example, when Lavar Ball was not happy with his interview with Kristine Leahy on Fox back in the day and his group of followers were going as far to send her death threats. Now we can all agree Lavar Ball is a quack in his own right. However, no matter how polarizing you are there are people who will support and follow jack asses.

Janoris Jenkins called a fan the "r" word, and many of his fans online supported his upbringing saying it was a hood thing and that its no big deal. Going after someone online can have serious consequences, and can easily mess with someone's mental health.

Jamal crossed the line.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:42 am

RiverDog wrote:It might have been a little different (but not much) had she been somewhat involved. But her only sin was being married to a guy who is probably a bit of a jerk himself, and for that, she gets insulted by an All Pro NFL player. As ASF said, she's actually quite attractive and has received numerous compliments about her looks, so there isn't any real harm to her. It just makes Adams look really, really bad.

4XPIPS wrote:This creates a problem, because there are some messed up fanboys out there, especially some who are probably from Jamal Adams hometown that will take this opportunity to troll her and flamer her online, and this can get serious.

Here is an example, when Lavar Ball was not happy with his interview with Kristine Leahy on Fox back in the day and his group of followers were going as far to send her death threats. Now we can all agree Lavar Ball is a quack in his own right. However, no matter how polarizing you are there are people who will support and follow jack asses.

Janoris Jenkins called a fan the "r" word, and many of his fans online supported his upbringing saying it was a hood thing and that its no big deal. Going after someone online can have serious consequences, and can easily mess with someone's mental health.

Jamal crossed the line.

I doubt that Adams has that many fanboys out there and even fewer moonbat fanboys of the type that would troll a completely innocent person, but you make a good point about people who are in the public eye. We all agree that he crossed the line.

It's too bad that Hawktawk isn't around anymore as I'd like to ask him how Jamal Adams, one of his heroes, compares to Russell Wilson, whom he batted around like a pinata at a 5-year old's birthday party. While I grew pretty discontented with Russell's personality change over the past few years, I refused to jump on Hawktawk's name-calling bandwagon for this very reason. As quirky and cringeworthy of a flake Russell his, his behavior pales in contrast to this POS Jamal Adams.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:32 am

Right from the start we were saying he had bad ball skills for a Safety, and they have been trying to cover it up by playing him close to the LoS, but when he had to cover, he was lost as usual.
So he shows his maturity by lashing out at a reporter and his family.
A real class act - Best in the Nation!
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:33 pm

It's pretty unreal that anyone, let along a pro athlete, would embarrass themselves like that. That is where his head went when he got insulted online for a play he made? To attack the guy's wife? It's so low man. Speaks to what his character is about, he has always come across as a loudmouth, and his actions can no longer back it up. This guy makes a routine tackle for a 2 yard loss and celebrates it like he is a king.

Although I was never a fan of the haul the 'Hawks gave up, I gave him a chance. And he did impress in his first season here with his ability to play all over the field. You saw why Pete was so enamored with him.

But his play now speaks for itself, and this latest incident tells me this guy is a total d-bag when adversity hits. I am sure his teammates love him, seems like a good locker room guy, but even they had to feel embarrassed for him for that.

First realistic chance to move on from this guy, please do.
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:31 pm

Agent 86
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:23 pm

When someone goes low, I go lower? WTF kind of philosophy is that? What ever happened to "take the high road"?

Adams just said that he doesn't give a sh!t who he hurts along the way so long as he gets even with the person who insulted him. In his mind, the end justifies the means. The reporter's wife meant nothing more to him than collateral damage.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:55 pm

Can someone make a time machine, transport us back, and get our two first round picks back? Please...
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:15 am

Pete the cheat likes those types and has proven it over the years. The Rams would never sign a guy of the ilck as would most others like the Cowboys. Made your bed have to lie in it chortle chortle Seahawks remain as Seattle's perennial .500 team now and forever. The Joe Palooka of the NFL
Rambo2014
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum