Pete Calls Out Players By Name

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Pete Calls Out Players By Name

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:43 pm

This is extraordinary, very out of character. I can't remember Pete publicly calling out specific players by name for their on-field mistakes:

‘It’s bad ball’ - Pete Carroll laments Seahawks’ poor execution on defense, calls out Jamal Adams

“Deebo coming across on a deep crosser right to Jamal. That’s something that we’ve seen and we work on. It’s a regular concept and that never should’ve happened, particularly on 3rd and 13,” Carroll said.

“When Kittle gets behind us on that—we saw that happen last year,” he continued. “We corrected all of that through our training and our discipline with our footwork, and our deep-third play by the corner, and [Riq Woolen] didn’t do it right. He got caught in the play-fake. He’s not supposed to be a part of the play-fake. And so we give them a touchdown. They execute it, throw it, and catch it—I give them all the credit, but that should’ve never even been a decision to throw.

“For Jamal, we got to make sure he’s getting his reps in practice that he can execute and get the timing,” Carroll added. “Riq’s got to make his play. That’s a discipline play you do play after play after play, and it’s unfortunate. We have to do a better job of making them aware of how crucial it is to do right.”

Pete Carroll on
@SeattleSports
doubles down saying again it’s the #Seahawks players not executing what they are being coached on defense. Mentions Jamal Adams by name on Samuel long TD, Julian Love on Kittle long TD by situation.

“I don’t mind mentioning these guys. They know.”

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/12/11/2 ... s-nfl-news

There's more in that article, including Pete hinting at "things" to do and that they'll "take care of business" without saying exactly what he means.

We all know that this isn't Pete's style, that he normally goes out of his way to defend players that make on field mistakes in public. So what gives? Is this 4 game losing streak beginning to get to him? That's about as pissed off as I've ever heard him.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Pete Calls Out Players By Name

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:21 pm

Saying goodbye to Jamal Adams is hopefully number one on the list. That dude has completely lost me.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:54 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Saying goodbye to Jamal Adams is hopefully number one on the list. That dude has completely lost me.

Reading the linked article and some comments/tweets from the beat reporters, they're claiming that Pete is referring more to coaching changes than he is players. I hope to hell that our owner doesn't let Pete keep throwing other coaches under the bus. It's time he starts being held accountable for this team's performance. If changes are to be made, it needs to start with Pete.

And I've been done with Adams since the end of the 2021 season. We should have never signed him to that obscene contract after such a poor year by both him and our defense. All it did was make a bad mistake worse. Even when healthy, he's a weak link in our pass coverage, which was painfully apparent yesterday.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Spohawk5092 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:40 pm

Reading the linked article and some comments/tweets from the beat reporters, they're claiming that Pete is referring more to coaching changes than he is players. I hope to hell that our owner doesn't let Pete keep throwing other coaches under the bus. It's time he starts being held accountable for this team's performance. If changes are to be made, it needs to start with Pete.

And I've been done with Adams since the end of the 2021 season. We should have never signed him to that obscene contract after such a poor year by both him and our defense. All it did was make a bad mistake worse. Even when healthy, he's a weak link in our pass coverage, which was painfully apparent yesterday.[/quote]

well said.
Spohawk5092
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum