Adams on McCaffery's 72 Yard Run

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Adams on McCaffery's 72 Yard Run

Postby RiverDog » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:34 pm

Take a look at the video in this tweet and watch #33:

https://twitter.com/Coach_Yac/status/17 ... 8464332111

He looks like he's running at 3/4 speed then gets juked by such a mild move. Adams needs to be benched! No wonder PFF dropped him some 36 slots in their player rankings. Yikes!
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Adams on McCaffery's 72 Yard Run

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:46 am

He was the trailer and responsible for a backside cut after McCaffrey got into the secondary which he did but was slowed enough to get caught by others. Adams is not really that fast of a player, either.
However, I have a problem with him and others on Defense not making much of a play nearer the LoS. The 49ers run that play a lot from that same formation and they saw it more than a few times the previous game, so to get burned on the first play was a real disappointment. Sad that they weren't ready for SF's bread and butter play.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:54 am

NorthHawk wrote:He was the trailer and responsible for a backside cut after McCaffrey got into the secondary which he did but was slowed enough to get caught by others. Adams is not really that fast of a player, either.
However, I have a problem with him and others on Defense not making much of a play nearer the LoS. The 49ers run that play a lot from that same formation and they saw it more than a few times the previous game, so to get burned on the first play was a real disappointment. Sad that they weren't ready for SF's bread and butter play.

I suppose you can rationalize his jogging behind the play as a "trailer", but no way can you excuse that half assed attempted tackle at the end where all it took was a slight step for CMC to cause him to whiff.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:08 am

Here is some info on a potential Adams buyout this off season, whether it be pre or post June 1st. His play speaks for itself, he's no longer an asset on the field. And in the room, is this the type of leader you want to show the younger players how to be a pro? Answer is definitely not.

The question will be can the FO stomach the dead cap hit and admit to a gross mistake they made and finally cut bait?

Adams has two years remaining on his contract with cap hits of $26.9 million and $27.9 million in 2024 and 2025 (those numbers, which rose when the team restructured the contract before the season, account for about 10.75 percent of the projected cap). Releasing or trading Adams would trigger a $20.8 million dead money charge while saving only $6.08 million. If designated a post-June 1 release, Adams’ dead money hit would be spread out over the 2024 and 2025 seasons, while increasing his 2024 cap savings to $16.5 million.

I do not anticipate Seattle pulling the plug on Adams this offseason, but I don’t feel as strongly about that as I did in, say, September. Off-field issues aside, the return on their investment just isn’t there. But there’s a world where the organization gives him the benefit of the doubt, knowing his knee still isn’t right.
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:14 pm

Did anyone finish the time machine yet to go back and show Pete this vid to get our two first round picks yet? Please?
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum