Steelers

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Steelers

Postby Uppercut » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:16 pm

I watched their (Pittsburgh) game and suddenly they look like a contender again. Originally I thought it would be a close win and still do. However, Hawks will need more effort that the Titan game. I think the Hawks were victims of a short week after a tough game and an away game across the country. With a normal week they may play well. Will see, Hope the Stealers don't drag along Big Ben and the Bus to Seattle. Ugh

Merry Christmas
Uppercut
Legacy

Re: Steelers

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:30 pm

Ravens pretty much said, "This discussion between us and the 49ers? Well, that's over."

I guess I must list Trent Williams as the 49ers most essential player or at least on the same level as Deebo and Bosa. He is out of the game, Purdy gets wrecked.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:24 am

Yeah, the Niners and Ravens are clearly in a class by themselves, with the Dolphins, Lions, and Eagles in sort of a 1A class a half step below those two.

Then come a whole slew of teams, including us, the Cowboys, Rams, Vikings, Bucs, Bills, Browns, Steelers, and although they look done, the Chiefs.

You always want to root for our team to make the playoffs and I truly try to be optimistic about our chances, but I have this sinking feeling that ocne again, I'm looking at fool's gold.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:36 am

I think we are a 3rd level team that might have a chance against a 2nd level team in a one game situation.
I think Dallas, Buffalo, and KC are much better even if they aren't playing well at the moment and the Rams have our number, but we match well with Minnesota, Tampa and Steelers.
It will be an interesting game against Pittsburgh as we don't know which team on either side will show up.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:10 pm

RiverDog wrote:Yeah, the Niners and Ravens are clearly in a class by themselves, with the Dolphins, Lions, and Eagles in sort of a 1A class a half step below those two.

Then come a whole slew of teams, including us, the Cowboys, Rams, Vikings, Bucs, Bills, Browns, Steelers, and although they look done, the Chiefs.

You always want to root for our team to make the playoffs and I truly try to be optimistic about our chances, but I have this sinking feeling that ocne again, I'm looking at fool's gold.

Sinking feeling? We are fool's gold. Been that for a long time now. This idea we'll spring to life in the playoffs and it will all come together for a Cinderella run is exactly why the NFL has 14 teams going to the playoffs. Keep people watching hoping for miracles. It's why we've had Pete for a decade after we were really competitive. Getting to the playoffs is enough for many fans. The cream rises to the top when the playoffs hit. We are not the cream.

All we're doing making the playoffs is lowering our draft stock and after trading a 2nd round pick for a rental or player we'll have to overpay for to not look stupid, preparing for another year of roster mismanagement by John and Pete with no owner to tell the Emperors they have no clothes.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:38 pm

RiverDog wrote:Yeah, the Niners and Ravens are clearly in a class by themselves, with the Dolphins, Lions, and Eagles in sort of a 1A class a half step below those two.

Aseahawkfan wrote:Sinking feeling? We are fool's gold. Been that for a long time now. This idea we'll spring to life in the playoffs and it will all come together for a Cinderella run is exactly why the NFL has 14 teams going to the playoffs. Keep people watching hoping for miracles. It's why we've had Pete for a decade after we were really competitive. Getting to the playoffs is enough for many fans. The cream rises to the top when the playoffs hit. We are not the cream.

All we're doing making the playoffs is lowering our draft stock and after trading a 2nd round pick for a rental or player we'll have to overpay for to not look stupid, preparing for another year of roster mismanagement by John and Pete with no owner to tell the Emperors they have no clothes.

Yeah, I'm trying to do my best to be optimistic, but it's damn hard.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:51 pm

RiverDog wrote:Yeah, I'm trying to do my best to be optimistic, but it's damn hard.

I've reached my end point. I'm tired of the bad roster management. Pete's Eras been great, but time for a new era. He and John are not on the ball like they were when they first arrived. They can't assess where this team is properly.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:11 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I've reached my end point. I'm tired of the bad roster management. Pete's Eras been great, but time for a new era. He and John are not on the ball like they were when they first arrived. They can't assess where this team is properly.

The problem with me is that once I form a concrete opinion, in this case that Pete's long past his "use by" date, I find myself rooting for us to lose so that I get proven right and Pete gets fired. I'm conscience of that tendency and am trying to be optimistic as I hate myself for feeling that way as it's just sacrilege for a fan to root for his team to lose.

Once we're mathematically eliminated, then I'll join you. But not before.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:53 am

When we play the game my heart says win, but when I step back and look at the situation, I regret those close game wins as the overall picture is bleaker than if we had lost them.
Overall, I just want to see a couple of seasons in a row where it looks like we are building toward something good instead of just plugging the holes in the dam and making do.
As it is, the last win moved us from drafting at #14 to #21 and that can't be good for finding better players considering we need a QBOTF sooner than later.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum