Dolphins-Chiefs

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Dolphins-Chiefs

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:59 am

Well, the football Gods are doing everything they can to make this game difficult for us fans to watch.

First off, if you want to watch the game live, you're going to have to pony up $4.99 USD for a Peacock subscription, something that I had already done last month to watch a game.

Secondly, for anyone planning on attending in person, they're going to have to pile on plenty of clothes as the game time temperature could get as cold as -5 F for the 7pm CST kickoff. Ticket prices have been plummeting as fast as the temperature forecasts, with seats going on the secondary market for well below $100.

For any of you that are interested, the coldest NFL game played on record was the NFL championship game in 1967, Cowboys vs. Packers in Green Bay in the infamous "Ice Bowl," -13F, a game of which yours truly watched live and cheered when Dan Reeves hit Bullet Bob Hayes on a halfback option pass for a Cowboys touchdown.

But I didn't watch it on Peacock.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Dolphins-Chiefs

Postby Agent 86 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:18 am

It's on here in Canada on TSN for anyone that either has that channel through their local cable provider or if they subscribe to TSN+.

Same with all the Thursday Night games that were on Prime, they were all broadcast on TSN. I already have TSN included in my cable, so I didn't have to pay extra for any games.

Should be an interesting game to watch. Hill making another return to Arrowhead, I think the Fins can pull off a win here.
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby trents » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:39 am

Dolphins only look good against bad teams. KC has struggled some this year but should take this one. Kelce has been distracted by his fling with Taylor Swift. He's having trouble dealing with "two things at once". And the Chiefs are just not as good as they were when they had Tyreke Hill.
trents
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:08 pm

I was thinking along the same lines as you guys are with regards to the Dolphins-Chiefs game, but these weather forecasts has me re-thinking my expectations.

The forecasts I'm seeing are now calling for wind chills approaching -30F. I'm pretty sure that Mahomes can adapt to those conditions easier than Tua will be. Plus, I like the Chiefs defense better than the Fins. I'm going with the Chiefs.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:35 pm

I already give Peacock my $5.00 for the WWE, so maybe I'm jaded in this. Peacock is an NBC network extension, so it's not a crime that it would be an exclusive to a pay for view network. If you pay to watch Thursday night football or U-tube, how can you complain about this?
It's what the world is going to, and the network likes it because you can't easily change channels during the game, so no channel surfing away their boatload of commercials! That's my biggest gripe.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:49 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:I already give Peacock my $5.00 for the WWE, so maybe I'm jaded in this. Peacock is an NBC network extension, so it's not a crime that it would be an exclusive to a pay for view network. If you pay to watch Thursday night football or U-tube, how can you complain about this?
It's what the world is going to, and the network likes it because you can't easily change channels during the game, so no channel surfing away their boatload of commercials! That's my biggest gripe.

There was a congressman who wrote a letter to Goodell, threatening to take away the league's anti trust exemption over this groundbreaking decision to put a playoff game exclusively on a pay streaming channel.

"How much more profit do Roger Goodell and NBC need to make at the expense of hardworking Americans before they are satisfied?" Ryan said. "I'm demanding the NFL and NBC stop the BS and offer fans the service they already pay for, or we're coming for your antitrust exemption."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ne ... r-AA1mSHYb

I'm not all that upset about it. Since I started looking for an alternative to my Charter Spectrum TV provider, eventually settling on Fubo TV, my TV bill has been reduced by about 30%, so I'm not going to complain about a game here or there of which I have to pay about what it costs for a craft beer at a football stadium. I'm still money ahead from where I was last year at this time.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby trents » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:24 pm

River, I read a comparison of streaming providers recently and they said Fubo only broadcasts live stream in 720p. Is that true?
trents
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:10 pm

How much more profit do Roger Goodell and NBC need to make at the expense of hardworking Americans before they are satisfied?"

At least the soap-box Senator should include the NFLPA in this silly rant. It's not just Goodell and the Network, who by the way pay billions for the rights. The players get 50% and I just hear crickets from them.

On another game note, Fans and the resales websites are practically giving away tix that Miami fans paid thousands of $$$ for and now are pretty worthless as many flights are cancelling and who the hell would want to go to a stadium in -30 degree weather anyway to see your team get beat.
I froze my touchie watching on TV the Seahawks @ Minni that year they played outside for the playoff game. That's my preferred location. Buffalo may be worse.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:45 am

trents wrote:River, I read a comparison of streaming providers recently and they said Fubo only broadcasts live stream in 720p. Is that true?

Here's some info on your question:

https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-ca/articl ... in-4K-HDR-

They're offering a free 7 day trial, so you can check it out and see if you like it.

https://www.fubo.tv/welcome/series/113817807/7-days
Last edited by RiverDog on Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:00 am

How much more profit do Roger Goodell and NBC need to make at the expense of hardworking Americans before they are satisfied?"

jshawaii22 wrote:At least the soap-box Senator should include the NFLPA in this silly rant. It's not just Goodell and the Network, who by the way pay billions for the rights. The players get 50% and I just hear crickets from them.

Agreed. I was just pointing out that the decision not to broadcast it on any of the OTA networks ruffled some feathers in Congress.

jshawaii22 wrote:On another game note, Fans and the resales websites are practically giving away tix that Miami fans paid thousands of $$$ for and now are pretty worthless as many flights are cancelling and who the hell would want to go to a stadium in -30 degree weather anyway to see your team get beat.

I froze my touchie watching on TV the Seahawks @ Minni that year they played outside for the playoff game. That's my preferred location. Buffalo may be worse.

Yeah, I love watching football live, but not in those conditions. I used to hunt ducks and geese, and I hated sitting in a blind for hours, freezing my ass off. I also won't fly in the winter months if I can avoid it due to the risk of flight cancelations and delays, and if I drive, it's only when I'm confident that the weather won't be a huge factor.

The game you mentioned, Hawks vs. Minnie in a playoff game, ranks in the top 10 of the coldest NFL games on record. We won it when Blair Walsh missed a chip shot FG. It was one of Pete's rare post LOB playoff wins.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:47 am

They are talking about wind gusts of up to 55mph in Buffalo as well, so that could make it interesting for punters and FG kickers not to mention throwing the ball.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:46 am

Yeah, there's some rumors circulating that they might postpone or relocate one or both of today's games, but since we haven't heard by now, they must be going on with them.

The league is taking a helluva risk. If someone dies at one of these games or on the trip to/from the stadium, it could be an unmitigated public relations disaster.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:42 pm

The game you mentioned, Hawks vs. Minnie in a playoff game, ranks in the top 10 of the coldest NFL games on record. We won it when Blair Walsh missed a chip shot FG. It was one of Pete's rare post LOB playoff wins.

That Blair Walsh miss, was one of the 3 playoff games we won mostly by luck... the other being Romo's botched hold on the game winning FG and my favorite, the Green Bay muffed onside kick debacle playoff where Russell looked so bad i had turned off the game on the 3rd qtr only to be texted to turn it back on after Marshawn's TD. Can't think of another team that has won playoff games that way so many times.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:09 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:That Blair Walsh miss, was one of the 3 playoff games we won mostly by luck... the other being Romo's botched hold on the game winning FG and my favorite, the Green Bay muffed onside kick debacle playoff where Russell looked so bad i had turned off the game on the 3rd qtr only to be texted to turn it back on after Marshawn's TD. Can't think of another team that has won playoff games that way so many times.

But don't forget about our bad luck in XL. And what about the Vinnie Testaverde helmet TD? Add it all up and we've been the victim more times and for greater consequences than we have been the beneficiary.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum