Doldrums

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Doldrums

Postby Old but Slow » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:31 pm

It is near hibernation time. A couple of games to go, then the gimmick games, and then...time to sleep. I will try to stay awake with baseball, but it is just not the same.

The long periods with the big news being a visit from a free agent from Puketown Southern State. Waiting for a coaching hire (or two), waiting for the Senior Bowl, waiting for the draft, and then waiting for training camp, and we are still months from real games. Preseason games will be, what, August? That is month 8, and this is month 1. I can't do it, I just can't.

But, I probably will. Addiction is powerful.
Old but Slow
Legacy

Re: Doldrums

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:31 am

Old but Slow wrote:It is near hibernation time. A couple of games to go, then the gimmick games, and then...time to sleep. I will try to stay awake with baseball, but it is just not the same.

The long periods with the big news being a visit from a free agent from Puketown Southern State. Waiting for a coaching hire (or two), waiting for the Senior Bowl, waiting for the draft, and then waiting for training camp, and we are still months from real games. Preseason games will be, what, August? That is month 8, and this is month 1. I can't do it, I just can't.

But, I probably will. Addiction is powerful.

I hear ya old man, and I'm right there with you. I have a severe case of cabin fever. The weather for the past several weeks just sucks, low clouds, fog, some rain, and with a difference between the high and low temp of the day between 5-10 degrees. We about two weeks ago, we received about 6" of snow that has been taking forever to melt. As a rule, the weather starts improving as the NFL winds down, but that's not the case this season.

But, I am excited about this offseason, starting with the hiring of a new coach. I'm anxious to see how we do under new management.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby trents » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:52 am

OBS, you made no mention of the NBA! (Said tongue n' cheek).

March madness is right around the corner and I do find that very entertaining. But after that . . . it's a long pause.
trents
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:27 pm

This period sucks. The Mariners blew up a lot of the team, so not expecting much from them as they didn't even make the playoffs last year with the same number of wins. This team looks to be worse this year. They are in a tough division playing against teams that spend a bunch of money to win that the Mariners aren't willing to spend.

All we have is the Seahawks in Washington State as a local team worth rooting for. The Mariners are the baseball version of the Cleveland Browns for Washington State, a factory of sadness that people get hyped about when they come within sniffing distance of the playoffs and make them once every 20 years or so. Otherwise just a sad sack team with half-committed ownership barely investing enough to field a team with one or two entertaining players.

I don't expect to live to see a Mariners team win a World Series.

I'm hoping the Seahawks don't fall into that type of pit with Paul Allen gone. Then we got nothing.

The Sonics were sold long ago and no one has brought the NBA back to Seattle, though I'm not sure anyone would care if they did.

Maybe hockey fans are happy with the Kraken or our dominant WNBA team makes some fans happy who follow that sport.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Spohawk5092 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:40 pm

Thanks to illness and injuries the Kraken are struggling once again after a 9 game win streak.
Spohawk5092
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum