Hunter Renfrow

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Hunter Renfrow

Postby 4XPIPS » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:47 pm

Hunter Renfrow was released as a cap saving move by the Raiders. I never really had anything against the guy, but he is a grinder and fights to get open. Could be a nice veteran depth add if we snag him up. Has not been paired with a great QB since Carr left.

From what I have read about him is he is very humble and a great team player. Could be a good add to help a young and developing QB. He is still young at 28, and has good experience working the slot. Any takers?

By the way this would prevent us having to waste a pic on another WR in the draft.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Re: Hunter Renfrow

Postby RiverDog » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:03 pm

Absolutely agree, and not j/b that he'd add depth to our receiving corps, but he's a good special teams player, made the Pro Bowl in 2021 as a punt returner.

Rumor is that he's going to the Saints to be reunited with Derek Carr.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:14 pm

RiverDog wrote:Absolutely agree, and not j/b that he'd add depth to our receiving corps, but he's a good special teams player, made the Pro Bowl in 2021 as a punt returner.

Rumor is that he's going to the Saints to be reunited with Derek Carr.

Oh yeah forgot that he returned punts. He probably wouldn't pull any Deejay Dallas antics returning punts, I would appreciate his level of discipline if he were to become a Hawk.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:54 pm

We need LBs.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:09 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:We need LBs.

Nah really? Of course we do, but when a decent player come up it's worth noting. Not every player being released is a target, and at this time I don't see a lot of LBs on the market worth pursuing or overpaying for. So we will have to wait and see for the draft.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:53 pm

I don't see spending any money on a receiver given how many we have. Even depth LBs would be where our limited money needs to be focused.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:40 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I don't see spending any money on a receiver given how many we have. Even depth LBs would be where our limited money needs to be focused.

We need quality depth at all positions regardless how many players we have on the roster now. Every player being cut should be looked at even if they aren't the immediate need. Hunter Renfrow is not going to command a ton of cash given his career and projections. He is worth a look if he is interested in playing for us. There is always the possibility of someone like DK getting traded for a high draft pick(or picks) and considering his contract value and how much cap space it could clear up. The Vikings did it with Diggs, and ended up getting Justin Jefferson, and that sort of worked out as a wash for both squads. AJ Brown parted ways from the Titans because he wanted higher pay and the team couldn't seem fit for him stay.

So it's not unlikely that DK could be traded at some point this offseason.

Just because we have hardly any LBs that we should only focus on LBs at this time. I say if Hunter Renfrow would reach a deal I would sign him as he would certainly be a solid contributor at a fair price.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:39 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I don't see spending any money on a receiver given how many we have. Even depth LBs would be where our limited money needs to be focused.

Keep in mind that Renfro returns punts, and we let DJ Dallas go. He would come at a reasonable price. He's worth taking a flyer on.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:08 pm

He's a cheap special teams guy. Then I don't care. WR I can't see spending almost anything on after retaining Eskridge, but special teams depth player with some position versatility maybe.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Old but Slow » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:20 am

Unless the new coaching staff has a way to use Eskridge effectively, he will not make the team. They likely were ready to cut him outright, but agreed to a smaller salary. And, in reference to the draft, I will not be surprised if they take a late WR like Luke McCaffrey who has a bit of a Lockett vibe. In the later rounds it is important to take the best available even if they do not fit in the current plans. Eskridge has great speed and is athletic, but I wonder about his versatility and judgement.

It does not seem that the team will be interested in veteran receivers with the talent they now have.
Old but Slow
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:26 am

Eskridge is another example of our previous regime over emphasizing a position at the expense of neglecting another. And to think that he was our first overall pick in a draft where we had just 4 selections and no first rounder. Jeezus, am I glad they tossed Pete out.

Agreed about a BPA philosophy for Day 3 of the draft. They're not expected to make the team anyway. Although he was a UFDA and not a draft pick, Jake Bobo is a great example of finding a diamond in the rough.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:21 am

I don't think we need a WR at this point, but if someone falls as it did with DK, then it becomes a value pick as Lockett is nearing the end.
I believe late in the draft you not only select BPA, but that's where the scouts who were banging on the table about a player get their wish regardless of rank.
The Rams are a good example when they selected Puka and their young NT/DT Kobie Turner (9 Sacks) who looks to be a very solid player even after Donald retires.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum