2024 NFL Draft

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: 2024 NFL Draft

Postby 4XPIPS » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:00 pm

Did Dillon Johnson from U Dub get signed yet? Wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look at a reserve RB.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:04 pm

Johnson signed with Tennessee.
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:55 pm

curmudgeon wrote:Johnson signed with Tennessee.

Would have loved to have kept him here locally. I know there were injury concerns but he is a dynamic player. Hopefully, he can find success as a Titan
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:21 am

He's originally from Greenville, MS and played his first 3 seasons at Mississippi State. Hated to see him go. Whether or not it played a part in where he landed, Tennessee is more local than Washington for him.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:03 am

We don't know what our Offense is going to look like or the types of players needed for what schemes they want to play, but for any player they have to play to get experience and one of Pete's problems was he didn't play the rookies on the OL much in the spots they were drafted for and instead played a low priced veteran who had bounced around the league for years. It may also be JS's philosophy as well considering the history, but the previous worst example was Pocic who was a promising Center out of College who we played at Guard, then gave him a couple of games at Center then didn't re-sign him. The Browns signed him and have played him exclusively at Center and he's looking pretty solid. They also re-signed him to an extension so they think a lot about him. A solid Center helps the Guards play better and makes better adjustments as the game goes on. There's a reason the Offensive HCs always have a solid Center and it seems to be lost on Schneider.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:14 am

Center?

Did we find one?
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:18 am

Oluwatimi was drafted last year and Harris was picked up in free agency this year. That's the two options at center right now.

Pocic was a huge misplay. He should have always been at center. He did play C, T, and G at LSU, but C was his best position. I was not happy the way they used him.

At least they aren't doing anything but C for Oluwatimi. He doesn't fit anywhere else anyway.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Oly » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:55 am

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:Oluwatimi was drafted last year and Harris was picked up in free agency this year. That's the two options at center right now.

Pocic was a huge misplay. He should have always been at center. He did play C, T, and G at LSU, but C was his best position. I was not happy the way they used him.

At least they aren't doing anything but C for Oluwatimi. He doesn't fit anywhere else anyway.

I know Haynes had some snaps at C in the Senior Bowl, and I found it notable that in the press release on the official website, the first quote they had from him was this:

And while he played almost exclusively at right guard in college, Haynes says he can play anywhere he's asked.

"I can play anything they need me to play," he said. "I'm going to go out there and dominate regardless. I just played a lot of right guard in college, but I can play any position they need me to play."

I do not like that one bit. I had hoped that Pete was the one who was determined to play guys out of their normal position, but this sounds like they might be evaluating Haynes out of position, too. Let's hope they don't f--- up the Haynes pick like they did the Pocic one.

Anyway, young players often add a bunch of muscle after their first full offseason with pro weight training, so let's hope that Olu comes back with more sand in his pants and can at least be league-average in strength. If so, with a beast like Haynes next to him, I think the Hawks might be fine at center.
Oly
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:07 pm

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:He's originally from Greenville, MS and played his first 3 seasons at Mississippi State. Hated to see him go. Whether or not it played a part in where he landed, Tennessee is more local than Washington for him.

Very true, but there would have been some familiarity with Grubb. Anyhow, I hope he has a stellar career wherever he goes.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum