An Idea?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

An Idea?

Postby savvyman » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:25 pm

I am pretty upset about Browner being out for a year. The punishment is not fair for the "crime".

I believe that he was tested around 200 times over his Seahawk career?

Look there are players in the NFL who have intentionally tried to harm another player - the punishment for their actions were usually a fine or a game suspension.

Other NFL players have committed crimes - was'nt even the legendary Ray Lewis involved somehow in a persons death? How many of these players who committed a crime were suspended "indefinitely"

However Brandon receives up to a year suspension for testing positive one time out of over 100 tests?

Anyway here is the idea.

Someone in the forum must know how to set up one of those crowd funding/sourcing campaigns such as is found on Indiegogo?

Why don't we - the members of the shack - start a Brandon Browner Legal defense fund that would be open to donations from any of the 12th man (and woman).

People can give as little as $1 - the point of the fund raising is to show support for our founding legion of boom team member who always gave 100% on every play.

http://www.indiegogo.com/

Thoughts?
savvyman
Legacy

Re: An Idea?

Postby Distant Relative » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:33 pm

[quote="savvyman"]I am pretty upset about Browner being out for a year. The punishment is not fair for the "crime".

I believe that he was tested around 200 times over his Seahawk career?

Look there are players in the NFL who have intentionally tried to harm another player - the punishment for their actions were usually a fine or a game suspension.

Other NFL players have committed crimes - was'nt even the legendary Ray Lewis involved somehow in a persons death? How many of these players who committed a crime were suspended "indefinitely"

However Brandon receives up to a year suspension for testing positive one time out of over 100 tests?

Anyway here is the idea.

Someone in the forum must know how to set up one of those crowd funding/sourcing campaigns such as is found on Indiegogo?

Why don't we - the members of the shack - start a Brandon Browner Legal defense fund that would be open to donations from any of the 12th man (and woman).

People can give as little as $1 - the point of the fund raising is to show support for our founding legion of boom team member who always gave 100% on every play.

http://www.indiegogo.com/

Thoughts?[/quote]

Ya I have one. Browner can pay his own defense costs.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby XpertDBA » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:34 am

I have another idea......

Wave goodbye and say good riddance to a guy that put himself and his selfish desires first, and his loyal and hardworking teammates last.

Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out, Browner, you twat......
XpertDBA
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:27 am

We are going to help a multimillionaire out with his drug violation defense fund?
Aint gonna happen.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:13 am

I don't know the full story behind Browner's suspension, so I've withheld comment. I want to hear the league's case against him first.

But I will say that I won't contribute a dime to his or any other professional athlete's 'defense fund.' They have plenty of their own resources from which to draw upon.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:41 pm

savvyman
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:46 am

Something tells me Savvy we have not heard the end of Browner.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Your cause is admirable. But if Browner's main defense is..."I was actually only busted twice", I have no time for him nor his brand of selfishness / stupidity. Browner was only going to be a Hawk for another couple months. About to turn 30 and growing his way out of the position, this suspension will have no long term consequence for our Hawks. But near term?..hard to say. Browner hurt himself beyond imagination with this mess and he is fortunate to have fans as understanding / forgiving as yourself. I do mean that as a compliment.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:00 pm

HawkWow wrote:Your cause is admirable. But if Browner's main defense is..."I was actually only busted twice", I have no time for him nor his brand of selfishness / stupidity. Browner was only going to be a Hawk for another couple months. About to turn 30 and growing his way out of the position, this suspension will have no long term consequence for our Hawks. But near term?..hard to say. Browner hurt himself beyond imagination with this mess and he is fortunate to have fans as understanding / forgiving as yourself. I do mean that as a compliment.

Nice post, Hawkwow. That's pretty much how I feel about Browner and the situation he placed himself in. If the risk of blowing a chance to play in a Super Bowl is worth blowing a little weed, then I have no use for him. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Be honest with yourself.
Would you really feel that way if there was a huge drop off in production from the so called backups?
I find it easy to say it's time to go because the depth is playing so well.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:24 pm

RiverDog wrote:
HawkWow wrote:Your cause is admirable. But if Browner's main defense is..."I was actually only busted twice", I have no time for him nor his brand of selfishness / stupidity. Browner was only going to be a Hawk for another couple months. About to turn 30 and growing his way out of the position, this suspension will have no long term consequence for our Hawks. But near term?..hard to say. Browner hurt himself beyond imagination with this mess and he is fortunate to have fans as understanding / forgiving as yourself. I do mean that as a compliment.

Nice post, Hawkwow. That's pretty much how I feel about Browner and the situation he placed himself in. If the risk of blowing a chance to play in a Super Bowl is worth blowing a little weed, then I have no use for him. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Thanks RD!

Man, it's a lot more relaxed over here, isn't it? I'm surprised nobody called me discriminatory for saying Browner is growing his way out of the position. LOL.

North Hawk...Your question is excellent, but yes, I felt it was (probably) time to let BB move on before learning just how good Lane and Maxwell were. This because of the reason(s) I cite above. BB is huge and that has worked out well for us, but coming back from his last suspension, he looked more safety than corner to me. I will admit every time I started seeing him as a liability, he would blow me away by forcing a TO and positively impacting the outcome of the game. I do not dislike Brandon Browner, in fact, I will miss his enforcer mentality and what he gave us. This pot thing is just the icing for me. Far from the reason I don't think we should re-sign him. I think he would have been expecting Kam money at a minimum, which wouldn't be unreasonable for a corner, but again, I felt he lost a step and we are already more than solid at safety. I really do wish him well and I will always have great memories of Brandon Browner.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:42 pm

I really do wish him well and I will always have great memories of Brandon Browner.

The pick 6 at the end of the Giants game last season comes to mind....
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Vegaseahawk wrote:I really do wish him well and I will always have great memories of Brandon Browner.

The pick 6 at the end of the Giants game last season comes to mind....

Absolutely. But the almost pick 6 this year, perhaps more symbolic (sorry, I couldn't resist).

I suppose my favorite BB memory was him deflowering Greg Jennings in the endzone. The look on Jennings' face was absolutely priceless as he made his way back to the sideline. Have to wonder how many WRs considered that play every time they lined up against us / him.
Damn..my stern approach to this situation is fading and I'm starting to really miss Browner now.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:17 am

He smoked an 11 million joint.

Not smart, but I do feel sorry for him, since the type of crime he committed is relatively minor and legal in Wa State, just not the Seahawks.
He deserves his punishment I hope he gets it reduced, but the guy did contribute for us a bit. So he deserves a little compassion, not much just a little. His not making 15 million next season is penalty enough in my opinion.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby CascadeHawk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Everyone automatically assumes that Browner smoked pot just because the NFL says so.

He has been tested over 200 times since he joined the Hawks in 2011 without a positive test. Let's do the math. 3 years = 156 weeks. So he has been tested at least once a week without testing positive. I'm not sure what the chances are for a false positive based upon those numbers but I find it extremely hard to believe that he would all of a sudden decide to take a bong hit with how the season is going and him due to make multi millions. Just doesn't pass the sniff test.

Keep in mind that when he joined the Broncos out of college he was put in stage one due to his history in college, not for testing positive in the NFL. He was advanced to stage three after he was out of the NFL and missed tests.

I for one believe Browner and I hope he f@#%ks the NFL and Goodell good.
CascadeHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum