Shack Nation!!!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Shack Nation!!!

Postby ShackMod » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:18 am

I want to create a 'Shack Nation' map representing the "approximate" geographic location of all of our members. I'm hoping that people can update their profile with either there Zip code or the closest major city. I don't want to be too intrusive or invade your privacy, but I think it would be awesome to see where we all come from. I'm also talking with some folk about the Hawk Nation in general. I believe this can be used as a template for that conversation. If we get enough compliance, I'll create a new Forum, post the map there, and update the map periodically when new members join. Give me some feedback as well.

Makena
ShackMod
Site Admin

Re: Shack Nation!!!

Postby Feez » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:20 am

thats a pretty cool idea however knowing the nature of some of my fellow forum members I have a feeling some of the data collected will be a bit skewed LOL just a sneaking suspicion I get from Previous PI threads about where people work etc. maybe not either way it should be interesting
Feez
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:34 am

Shanghai, China.

And that's legit!!! Within a few miles.

I should be here a while. Economy is booming. :lol:
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:47 am

Eaglehawk wrote:Shanghai, China.

And that's legit!!! Within a few miles.

I should be here a while. Economy is booming. :lol:

EagleHawk,

Would you be able to deal direct with any manufacturers over there?
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:56 am

PM TIME
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:57 am

Eaglehawk wrote:PM TIME

LOL sorry, my bad.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:07 am

ShackMod wrote:I want to create a 'Shack Nation' map representing the "approximate" geographic location of all of our members. I'm hoping that people can update their profile with either there Zip code or the closest major city. I don't want to be too intrusive or invade your privacy, but I think it would be awesome to see where we all come from. I'm also talking with some folk about the Hawk Nation in general. I believe this can be used as a template for that conversation. If we get enough compliance, I'll create a new Forum, post the map there, and update the map periodically when new members join. Give me some feedback as well.

Makena

Sounds good. I live in an unincorporated area just outside the Tri Cities.

BTW, as long as we're on the subject of forum stuff, how about we have a permanent "Going to the Game?" thread, a place where posters might want to post their pre or post game whereabouts? I'd also be interested in establishing an annual home game where we could have a forum get together. We did that the first few years I started posting in the PI, but it faded out.

I'm going to be attending at least one road game next year. As long as the Arizona game isn't in September, I'm going to try to do that one as I have a brother-in-law that's moving down there. San Diego and Kansas City are possibilities as well. I've got airline mileage that's burning a hole in my pocket, and the wife doesn't like traveling or football. We won't know the schedule until April, but it's never too early to start talking about it. I went to the Houston game this year and had a blast. The Saturday night before the game, we took over a Buffalo Wild Wings. Everyone in that place was wearing Seahawk stuff, "Go....Seahawks!" chants, etc. Great tailgate party both before and after the game. Of course, it was all made better because we won an exciting game.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:19 am

Kevil Kentucky, just west of Paducah.

Really. (if I was gonna make something up, it wouldn't be here!)
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby XpertDBA » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:21 am

Denver CO......an avid Seahawks fan living in enemy headquarters......if you need a Bronco's spy, I'm your guy.

:ugeek:
XpertDBA
Legacy

Postby yoder » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Port Townsend, WA here, but you already know that Mak. Tons of Hawk fans in this little town! Love it out here, but Seattle will always be home to me.
yoder
Site Admin

Postby Feez » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:03 pm

I like Rivers Game thread idea. I am 20 miles give or take South of Seattle in Auburn. in beautiful South King County
Feez
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:22 pm

Oak Harbor, Washington ...

And I like River's game thread idea. I've been to games with River (including the awesome Houston trip this year) as well as c_hawkbob (Tennessee during the 2005 season and Denver during the 2006 season), and it's always a great time.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby PasadenaHawk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:27 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Kevil Kentucky, just west of Paducah.

Really. (if I was gonna make something up, it wouldn't be here!)

I dated a gal from Paducah - she was pretty crazy. Guess she had the right, seeing as her husband ran off with a dude.
PasadenaHawk
Legacy

Postby PasadenaHawk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:29 pm

I'm guessing I don't need to tell Yoder where I live.
PasadenaHawk
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:05 pm

PasadenaHawk wrote:I'm guessing I don't need to tell Yoder where I live.

Lol, well played.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Bend Oregon. Luckily, the Hawks are the "Home" team and all the games are televised. The downside, all the effin Niner fans that live in the area.

We have a crew that rallies up for games in the Clink. I'll be on the look out for everyone at the Cards game this Sunday.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Vancouver WA. Only 2 1/2 hours away from the mothership! :)
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Post me to Kailua, Hawaii... just look for the armored gun boats patrolling up our canal and the Cobra Helecoptors that follow the President when he 'vacation's' in my little city this month. We're about 2 miles from him, up river.

js
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:47 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:Post me to Kailua, Hawaii... just look for the armored gun boats patrolling up our canal and the Cobra Helecoptors that follow the President when he 'vacation's' in my little city this month. We're about 2 miles from him, up river.

js

The wife and I are going to Kauai in April and will be staying near Princeville. Any suggestions?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:23 pm

I think you know where to put my pushpin...
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:37 pm

RiverDog wrote:
jshawaii22 wrote:Post me to Kailua, Hawaii... just look for the armored gun boats patrolling up our canal and the Cobra Helecoptors that follow the President when he 'vacation's' in my little city this month. We're about 2 miles from him, up river.

js

The wife and I are going to Kauai in April and will be staying near Princeville. Any suggestions?

You're in luck, RD. I lived in P'ville for 20 years and I am about 20 minutes south as I type.. The Mrs and I are scheduled to be in Japan in April, but I can get you guys dialed in in the interim. Feel free to pm me anytime.
Last edited by HawkWow on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:39 pm

js

I'm hearing that the Kailua Shack is turning into SeaHawk central...true?
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:16 am

Didn't know where to make my entrance, so I'll do it here. Thanks, Yoder, for putting this forum together. On the PI forum I was SalmonBroadsandBeer, but listed myself as "SalmonBB" here, as I gave up the broads (married, focusing my attention on my wife), and the beer (I'm not really happy about it, but someday I hope to be). So it's pretty much just Seahawks and family for me these days, when I'm not working.

Put me down in Singapore for your location map. Nothing like watching the Hawks at 2AM Monday, but you get used to it out here, and I am truly grateful that I get to watch them regardless of the time!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:57 am

SalmonBB wrote:Didn't know where to make my entrance, so I'll do it here. Thanks, Yoder, for putting this forum together. On the PI forum I was SalmonBroadsandBeer, but listed myself as "SalmonBB" here, as I gave up the broads (married, focusing my attention on my wife), and the beer (I'm not really happy about it, but someday I hope to be). So it's pretty much just Seahawks and family for me these days, when I'm not working.

Put me down in Singapore for your location map. Nothing like watching the Hawks at 2AM Monday, but you get used to it out here, and I am truly grateful that I get to watch them regardless of the time!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Great to see ya again, Salmon! Glad you found the place.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Johnny B » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:06 am

First time post but have been reading the PI forum for years. I'm from springBrook PA about 2 hours from Philadelphia.
Johnny B
Legacy

Postby CascadeHawk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Mill Creek, WA here. Just south of Everett.
CascadeHawk
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:17 pm

Johnny B wrote:First time post but have been reading the PI forum for years. I'm from springBrook PA about 2 hours from Philadelphia.

Thanks for posting Johnny! The more the merrier especially with this season shaping up to be epic!
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby daweez » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:Oak Harbor, Washington ...

And I like River's game thread idea. I've been to games with River (including the awesome Houston trip this year) as well as c_hawkbob (Tennessee during the 2005 season and Denver during the 2006 season), and it's always a great time.

I'm also from Oak Harbor. And yes River has a good idea with both the thread and the get together.
daweez
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:04 am

HawkWow wrote:
RiverDog wrote:

js

You're in luck, RD. I lived in P'ville for 20 years and I am about 20 minutes south as I type.. The Mrs and I are scheduled to be in Japan in April, but I can get you guys dialed in in the interim. Feel free to pm me anytime.

Fantastic! Too bad you won't be there, I'd love the opportunity to buy a 12th man brother a beverage of their choice.

I will take you up on your most generous offer. I want to do a day trip out on the water, a hike in that canyon that starts with a W, and a helicopter ride. We'll be returning through Honolulu, so I'll want to tour Pearl in the 1/2 day we'll be there. Anyhow, we still have quite a long time before we need to start making firm plans.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:27 am

Anytime RD. Let's revisit the subject over the next few months....our schedule is as unpredictable as the Hawk offense. We are supposed to be over there now, but I refused to miss any Hawk games this year so delayed the trip. :/

The hike you mention is Waimea canyon. Up above that is Kokee nat park...stunning beyond compare. I would highly recommend the hike at the end of the road going North (Ke'e beach). That is the beginning of the majestic Napali coast and I don't know of any words to properly describe it's beauty. I've seen it 100s of times but see it anew every time.

Princeville is a great place to stay with lots of everything and the perfect location (but I'm a North shore guy...so biased). I don't have any ins with the helicopters, but don't book any boats before we speak about it again...I own a tour boat company, so will be able to get you a price break (whether you choose our tour or not).

Typically, April can be a bit rainy, but it seems over the years that has changed...you never know what the weather will do anymore. Some blame this on global warming and others blame it on Robert Turbin. ; )
Let's stay in touch, Go Hawks.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:43 am

HawkWow wrote:Anytime RD. Let's revisit the subject over the next few months....our schedule is as unpredictable as the Hawk offense. We are supposed to be over there now, but I refused to miss any Hawk games this year so delayed the trip. :/

The hike you mention is Waimea canyon. Up above that is Kokee nat park...stunning beyond compare. I would highly recommend the hike at the end of the road going North (Ke'e beach). That is the beginning of the majestic Napali coast and I don't know of any words to properly describe it's beauty. I've seen it 100s of times but see it anew every time.

Princeville is a great place to stay with lots of everything and the perfect location (but I'm a North shore guy...so biased). I don't have any ins with the helicopters, but don't book any boats before we speak about it again...I own a tour boat company, so will be able to get you a price break (whether you choose our tour or not).

Typically, April can be a bit rainy, but it seems over the years that has changed...you never know what the weather will do anymore. Some blame this on global warming and others blame it on Robert Turbin. ; )

Hey HawkWow / RD

We spend quite a bit of time in Poipu Beach. Hands down our favorite place to visit. We've done the activities on RD's list, all are a great time although the heli ride is pretty pricey. One of my favorites is the kayak tour along the Napali coast. Kayaking the Waimea river to the water fall is a great day as well. All in, I'd put the Napali Coast at the top of anyones list. It's a must see.

Thanks for the little mental departure to the islands... I needed a break from yesterdays game.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Hawkstar wrote:
HawkWow wrote:Anytime RD. Let's revisit the subject over the next few months....our schedule is as unpredictable as the Hawk offense. We are supposed to be over there now, but I refused to miss any Hawk games this year so delayed the trip. :/

Hey HawkWow / RD

We spend quite a bit of time in Poipu Beach. Hands down our favorite place to visit. We've done the activities on RD's list, all are a great time although the heli ride is pretty pricey. One of my favorites is the kayak tour along the Napali coast. Kayaking the Waimea river to the water fall is a great day as well. All in, I'd put the Napali Coast at the top of anyones list. It's a must see.

Thanks for the little mental departure to the islands... I needed a break from yesterdays game.

Glad you had a great stay, Hawkstar. Poipu is very nice with less rain than our northshore, but consequently, more arid as well (as you know). It's always tough directing people to the best place on the island. It's all so subjective. If it's a secluded beach and the Na Pali you're after, we are superior to Poipu. If it's people watching and a wider variety of eateries you're after, Poipu is superior to what we have to offer.

You and RD couldn't be doing it more right: Land, air and sea...that is the way to see all of our islands, Kauai, in particular. Like yourself, I would also recommend the kayak trip (in spring / summer). If there's a more intimate way of seeing the Na Pali than our boats, it's by Kayak.

If I could give any 1 piece of advice, it would be to not plan too many things in advance. A hectic itinerary will just send you home spent and you will likely miss the true essence of what Hawaii has to offer. Sometimes less really is more, unless we're talking our offense, lol.

Keeping this all Hawk related, I feel better today than I expected I would. That's both good and bad. The good.....I appear to be growing up, understanding that losing comes with the territory and life goes on. The Bad ? As a lifetime Hawk fan, I fear that I have become accustomed to such disappointment and blame myself for my own lofty expectations, instead of rightfully blaming the team for their craptastic O-play and the FO's failure to bring a championship to my birthplace. LOL. It's all good. It's been an awesome year but I am intentionally avoiding all 9er fans today. Not in the mood for their witless jabs and anticipated persecution. ; )
HawkWow
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum