ShowTime - Inside the NFL

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

ShowTime - Inside the NFL

Postby ShackMod » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:59 am

Just watch my DVR'd Inside the NFL on Showtime. First thing I hear is Chris "expletive" Collinsworth saying he is not sure if anyone can beat the hawks... First thought... new found respect for Chris... then it went downhill and he started being a douche and the Hawk only got a 1.3 minute review for highlights. Why do I even watch their crap?

Mak
ShackMod
Site Admin

Re: ShowTime - Inside the NFL

Postby HawkWow » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:55 am

I think as bad as they are, they're better than the other mutt teams we are forced to endure every week. Collinsworth and Simms have their little silliness going on, but generally we don't see the slapstick, beer commercial humor that we get with Bradshaw's team (etc) or the crotch grabbing, all star dunk contest antics of Michael Irvin. The Sunday morning shows in particular, embarrass me as a man.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby ShackMod » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:25 pm

HawkWow wrote:I think as bad as they are, they're better than the other mutt teams we are forced to endure every week. Collinsworth and Simms have their little silliness going on, but generally we don't see the slapstick, beer commercial humor that we get with Bradshaw's team (etc) or the crotch grabbing, all star dunk contest antics of Michael Irvin. The Sunday morning shows in particular, embarrass me as a man.

True.. so true..
ShackMod
Site Admin

Postby Hawkstar » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:30 pm

HawkWow wrote:I think as bad as they are, they're better than the other mutt teams we are forced to endure every week. Collinsworth and Simms have their little silliness going on, but generally we don't see the slapstick, beer commercial humor that we get with Bradshaw's team (etc) or the crotch grabbing, all star dunk contest antics of Michael Irvin. The Sunday morning shows in particular, embarrass me as a man.

Our TV's stay off until we kick off. The pre-game stuff is retarded, although I did find that Frank Caliendo dude to be really funny.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Inside the NFL became passe quite a while ago, IMO.

I also can't watch much pregame stuff in general, either, especially since they started focusing as much on player tweets as anything else.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:25 pm

Who cares what they say as they are paid to talk and sometimes paid to be 'contrarian', but in my opinion, I've never ever seen this much love for the Seahawks as we have right now, this year.

Russell, Sherm, Michael Robinson and Pete all get face time on national TV and mostly positive.

js
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:50 am

I hear ya, js, but still think the amount of attention is less than it should be for a team of our calibre. So much so that I started my 1st thread in this place about it:)

Anyway, lol, it works out well for this team under the radar.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby wait_a_sec » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:09 pm

Collinsworth bugs me. His voice just wears me out. Especially when is kissing worthlessburgers _ss when covering SNF Pittsburg games.
wait_a_sec
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Hawkstar wrote:

Our TV's stay off until we kick off. The pre-game stuff is retarded, although I did find that Frank Caliendo dude to be really funny.

I woke up too early (as always on Seahawk Sunday) and begrudgingly turned the pre-game shows on. That's plural, because it's a chore to sit through any one. Watching Sapp do his well rehearsed facial expressions and Irvin burst out in laughter over anything and everything, it suddenly dawned on me why I hate these shows. It's not just the slapstick, room temperature IQ humor these guys engage in...it's humor in itself that I have no desire for on Seahawk Sunday. This is on me. Apparently most appreciate football humor, or they wouldn't attempt to provide it. But I won't be laughing until Palmer throws his 3rd int. Let's see if I can muster a smile :D That took a lot out of me....and I still wasn't able to pull it off.
HawkWow
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum