Do the 9ers keep Kaep?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Do the 9ers keep Kaep?

Postby HawkWow » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Future:

My comments were not directed to more recent discussions of Russ vs. CK. Instead.... I was referring to your revisionist offerings over the last year + on this & most subjects.

After the Super Bowl last year, several of us debated about who we would take between Kaep & RW knowing what we knew of them then. There were some pretty unintelligent comments/claims made on both sides of the argument... Which is kinda the nature of FANatics. I was probably guilty of some of those comments and am an admitted and proud Hawk homer...30 years running.

That said, I have been VERY consistent on the subject, in this forum & the other .... I have repeated the following observations/opinions/perceptions:
1) Kaep is über gifted and I project he will have a stellar career when all is said n done.
2) Harbaugh handcuffed CK this year. To me, it seems like Jim the chin was fearful that CK would get injured - & consequently, CK played much of the 1st Q like he'd been coached to be risk adverse in Smith's absence - he would literally go down 5-10 yards early.
3) Kaep gets major deer in the headlights look on his face and his play can reflect this panic.
4) CK is immature. The bicep kissing, rock star routine, dolphin hat, scolding his fans etc. are signs that he's got some growing ahead of him if he is to become elite. RWs growth needs to happen on the field - he is a preparer, connected to his fan-base, a philanthropist - giving love, time & $.
5) CK started 1/2 way through his 2nd year...they did not start at the same time in their careers. The extra time counts when comparing the two.
6) RW is better at reading Ds at this point. RW is more consistent... Has a Higher completion %, winning % etc.
7) I think the media (and non Niner fans) have been way too critical of CK. He has a very solid passer rating, for example, for such a young QB.
8) CK is more intelligent than he sounds. I think people judge his speech patterns, tats and style and assume he is not bright. He was a good student - a 4.0 as I understand it.
9) I just like RW better and would choose him everyday of the week & thrice on Sunday - even though during the 2011 draft I lobbied for us to take Kaep and in 2012, lobbied against taking our short QB. (Sorry RW). While I'm an admitted homer, this appreciation of RW & dislike of CK would be true if they were QBs in the NFC east. I love the way Russ prepares, plays, conducts himself, leads, gets better when bullets are flying.

You have been consistent at:
1) Being inconsistent.

Both QBs have benefitted from starting their careers with great organizations w/ solid D's, great coaching etc. RW has broken records (college & NFL). He's the winningest 2 year guy EVER, he's thrown more TDs in his 1st two years than anyone but Danny M. (In far fewer passing attempts) & other such honors.

Say what you want, but know that I will call you out on your BS when I see it though. There are a few problems with silly quotes like "I have not once said Kaep was better. What I consistently stated was that it is far too early to make the comparisons that ironically, people in your fanbase made." 1) you most certainly did make many arguments re: CKs superiority last off-season. 2) it insinuates that your fan base is not equally biased. People around here HATE RW. WHAT? what is there to hate? It is a rivalry thing, man...and many Niner fans do loathe young Mr. Wilson. They think he is way over-rated, that he is where he is largely because he has benefitted from Lynch and our stout D, that he is just a so-so passer, he is too short (blah, blah, blah). Then you make claims like we all think Kaep is garbage. READ, bro....READ and listen.

That's going to leave a mark.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:10 pm

OOOps..... was that too much again?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:OOOps..... was that too much again?

No. ; )
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:41 am

They can't double Boldin...will leave too many opportunities for Davis and Crabtree. Packers are just going to have to man up.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby SeahawksFan#1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:58 pm

To me they really don't have a choice but to bring Kaep back but unless there is someone else out there, Kaep will be back in those ugly arse colors. And yes I am finally back to my old moniker of SeahawksFan#1 prom thread anyone lol.
SeahawksFan#1
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:00 pm

prom thread anyone

LOL
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby SeahawksFan#1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:33 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:prom thread anyone

LOL

Hey Sista how are you doing? Long time no talk, I had to bring up that crazy prom thread haha :lol:
SeahawksFan#1
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:38 pm

I'm doing fine.......................I'm heading to Palm Springs tomorrow for a little R&R - So I am stoked. How's about you?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:24 am

Eh, I never said CK was better. Ever. But whatever. This is kinda like the Joe Montana V Brady debate where I say to people "you'll never convince me anybody was better than Montana. Maybe Brady will equal him, but there's no one else I'd want to win one game but Joe Montana". They respond, "you just said Montana is better!" Uh, no I didn't.

Anyhow, this entire debate between Wilson and Kaep has always revolved around the mental side of the game - at least from your perspective. I posted Kaep has it - both in the classroom and on the field - you posted there is no comparison between Wilson and Kaep in that respect. I respond by posting that is your perception - because Wilson talks up his work ethic and study habits while Kaep says hardly two words to the media - you respond in the same fashion as the Montana V Brady exchange I posted above. Again, whatever.

Wilson has had a great year and I take nothing away from him. Hard to knock a QB rating over 100 and a 13 win season. He deserves praise. But if he possesses it, I have never seen his pure pocket passing or supreme football intellect translate onto the field. He does not appear to be a polished pocket passer or abnormally talented in that respect. He makes good decsions, causes a ton of problems when he moves around, and throws accurately on the run. He identifies blitzes well and throws a great deep ball. So, he is PERFECT for a run heavy, play action team, and he just may be good enough to win a SB.

BTW, our "deer in the headlights" looked pretty confident facing another road 4th quarter deficit. Lol, and that's just one of several adjectives I've read that have been used to describe how he supposedly handles pressure.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:08 pm

Now if Kap could only play a horrid defense with no discipline every week, you would be good to go ( ie the packers) unfortunately for Kap, and you the NFL doesn't work that way ( by the way, do you think a Carolina or Seattle DB doesn't pick that ball off at the end of the game and take it to the house? )
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Seahawker » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Futureite/Interloper7 is not a pet or stray dog that we give a little dogfood and a warm place to sleep now & then.
We know what kind of mongrel this mutt is... barking, digging holes, shedding hair and smells like he rolled in something.

Critiquing RW?, OK sport, but sniff Rott's dog dish one more time & see what happens.

Now I know some of the poster's on this board aren't bothered by Futureite and see him as a longtime fixture here. Maybe I've got a solution that would make it all right & appease everyone. Futureite should be given the opportunity to chose one of two options in order to continue posting in this forum.

Option 1) Futureite must establish & maintain a Steve Largent avatar next to his name during the time he post's in here.
The depiction of Largent in a #80 Seahawk jersey must be visibly clear and unmistakeable.
I think we all know why this is option one.

Option 2) Futureite will write a full five paragraph essay on why Kenny Easley was a better safety than Ronnie Lott from 1981-1985. ...And provide an argument of why Easley belongs in the HOF with Lott. This work must be posted in the 'opposing teams' section to be perserved for posterity.

Of course, Yoder has full control over Futureite's fate.
I would remind everyone that this is not a democracy, it's a Hawkocracy and I believe Yoder & Shackmod should establish an official poll to garner a vote on the matter.

It could be.

1) Ban him now.
2) He can stay with a Largent avatar.
3) He can stay if Easley essay is posted.
4) Pleeese, Pleeese, can we keep him?!
5) Chain him up with a shock collar & see if he barks.

Anyway, thats how I roll. I leave it in your hands.
Seahawker
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:46 am

Futureite wrote:Eh, I never said CK was better. Ever. But whatever. This is kinda like the Joe Montana V Brady debate where I say to people "you'll never convince me anybody was better than Montana. Maybe Brady will equal him, but there's no one else I'd want to win one game but Joe Montana". They respond, "you just said Montana is better!" Uh, no I didn't.

Anyhow, this entire debate between Wilson and Kaep has always revolved around the mental side of the game - at least from your perspective. I posted Kaep has it - both in the classroom and on the field - you posted there is no comparison between Wilson and Kaep in that respect. I respond by posting that is your perception - because Wilson talks up his work ethic and study habits while Kaep says hardly two words to the media - you respond in the same fashion as the Montana V Brady exchange I posted above. Again, whatever.

Wilson has had a great year and I take nothing away from him. Hard to knock a QB rating over 100 and a 13 win season. He deserves praise. But if he possesses it, I have never seen his pure pocket passing or supreme football intellect translate onto the field. He does not appear to be a polished pocket passer or abnormally talented in that respect. He makes good decsions, causes a ton of problems when he moves around, and throws accurately on the run. He identifies blitzes well and throws a great deep ball. So, he is PERFECT for a run heavy, play action team, and he just may be good enough to win a SB.

BTW, our "deer in the headlights" looked pretty confident facing another road 4th quarter deficit. Lol, and that's just one of several adjectives I've read that have been used to describe how he supposedly handles pressure.

I guess that's the problem w/ a years long debate w/ most data unrecoverable. None of it can be proven - & I guess nobody really cares. Unless you mean "you" as the collective you (meaning you Hawk Fans (like we are all of one mind)) you have missed my points entirely. What I have said repeatedly is stated above in B/W. Distort it however your maroon & gold goggles make you feel comfy. Congrats, btw, on winning by 3 in the last second to the league's worst D.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:19 am

Futureite wrote:BTW, our "deer in the headlights" looked pretty confident facing another road 4th quarter deficit. Lol, and that's just one of several adjectives I've read that have been used to describe how he supposedly handles pressure.

You mean besides that terrible pass he threw on that final drive that should have been a pick six only Micah Hyde dropped it of course ...
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:44 am

Futureite wrote:Eh, I never said CK was better. Ever. But whatever. This is kinda like the Joe Montana V Brady debate where I say to people "you'll never convince me anybody was better than Montana. Maybe Brady will equal him, but there's no one else I'd want to win one game but Joe Montana". They respond, "you just said Montana is better!" Uh, no I didn't.

"
Wilson has had a great year and I take nothing away from him. Hard to knock a QB rating over 100 and a 13 win season. He deserves praise. But if he possesses it, I have never seen his pure pocket passing or supreme football intellect translate onto the field. He does not appear to be a polished pocket passer or abnormally talented in that respect. He makes good decsions, causes a ton of problems when he moves around, and throws accurately on the run. He identifies blitzes well and throws a great deep ball. So, he is PERFECT for a run heavy, play action team, and he just may be good enough to win a SB. "

Spoken like a true troll, the fact his QB rating was over 100 says it did indeed translate, and to make matters worse for your troll stance is his QB rating in the pocket was better than his over all QB rating. That says alloy, lets see

Qb rating #6 in NFL
TDs # 9 in NFL
Yards per Attempt #4 in the NFL
Comp % 12th 63.1

Seems like it translates great and in all those categories far superior to Kap.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:47 am

This years stats should be pretty skewed for Wilson as he was running for his life for 6-8 games due to our annihilated o-line.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:28 pm

Steady_Hawk wrote:This years stats should be pretty skewed for Wilson as he was running for his life for 6-8 games due to our annihilated o-line.

Agreed. Wilson's numbers should have been much lower than they were. Tribute to both he and the team..including that craptastic patchwork line they threw together. Hard to give them much credit but they faced some nasty Ds and Wilson still lives.

I should say here that I'm much more impressed with Kaep than I thought I would be. When it became clear Harbaugh was bailing on the RO, I was elated. The joke was Harbaugh already had his QB in Smith if he wasn't going to run the RO with Kaep..Now I'm not so sure. Like Wilson, Kaep is damn good at getting out of harm's way when running the ball. And I think he must cover 2.5 yards per stride. Now I'm back to being concerned the 9ers may have their QBOTF after all.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:51 am

No way Russ' stats would have been worse behind a better offensive line. It just doesn't work that way.

I understand the mental exercise but somewhere along the line it took a wrong turn if that's your conclusion.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:24 am

I saw a few days ago one of those Pro football statistic reports that ranks various aspects of teams.

The analysis of all 32 NFL offensive lines reported the following:

When you measure the number of Pressures, Hits, Sacks of a QB per pass play - the Seahawks Offensive line ranked dead last - #32.

They are the worst pass protecting line in the NFL.

Many people stated in the middle of the year "as soon as Okung and Breno are back everything will be better - I cautioned against that line of reasoning - while there is definitely improvement with those two players back, Russell was still sacked 14 times in the last 4 games.

Pass Protection is definitely the weakest link on this years team.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:27 am

savvyman wrote:I saw a few days ago one of those Pro football statistic reports that ranks various aspects of teams.

When you measure the number of Pressures, Hits, Sacks of a QB per pass play - the Seahawks Offensive line ranked dead last - #32.

Many people stated in the middle of the year "as soon as Okung and Breno are back everything will be better - I cautioned against that line of reasoning - while there is definitely improvement with those two players back, Russell was still sacked 14 times in the last 4 games.

Which is why they should seriously look at OL in this draft. If this keeps up at some point Russ will get hurt. It's inevitable and just a matter of time.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:48 pm

YES, North. Draft Fat and Strong!

Can u imagine this Team w/ the 2005 o-line?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:08 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:YES, North. Draft Fat and Strong!

Can u imagine this Team w/ the 2005 o-line?

No kidding. We would have won a few in a row.

Warning - Thread Hijack!
I've been reading about OL possibilities and one guy that stands out is Antonio Richardson. He's big, strong, and has good feet. He also is said to have a nasty streak which I think would fit well. Put him on the right side and when Okungs toe acts up again, slide Richardson over to the left. As well, it gives the team room to move should they not be able to come to agreement in 2016.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:07 am

NorthHawk wrote:
savvyman wrote:I saw a few days ago one of those Pro football statistic reports that ranks various aspects of teams.

Which is why they should seriously look at OL in this draft. If this keeps up at some point Russ will get hurt. It's inevitable and just a matter of time.

It's priority One.
It's gotta be.

When it sticks out to the viewer that RW has a pocket longer than 1.5 seconds to throw from, it's a bad sign.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:14 am

If an O lines man or a WR were not one of our high 1 and 2 picks, I would be shocked.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:31 pm

North, I agree. We need an O-Lineman badly.........but I'm so very interested in Kelvin Benjamin. He's a big 6' 5" 234 lb beast who runs a 4.5. I saw NFL.com talking about him this last week so I guess most people probably know about him. He's known by the nickname "Baby Megatron" I believe. I'm real interested to see where this cat ends up going.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum