Cards defense

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Cards defense

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Hard to lose a game on such a horrible call, but the Cardinals defense should be proud of that win, they earned it.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Cards defense

Postby Mo the Toe » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:27 pm

I posted something similar in the game thread. Offensive line was outmatched. RW makes Bevell look like a genius but bevel can't help Russell.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:32 pm

In the big picture all this loss really costs us is our invincibility mystique at home. We'd have to to double down on this loss next week for it to really hurt us.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby daweez » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:29 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Hard to lose a game on such a horrible call, but the Cardinals defense should be proud of that win, they earned it.

Agree Cardinals D was really good tonight. Got a question, on the Cardinal TD drive we were flaged, (very late flag), for defensive holding on a third down. How did that look on the TV? Was it a good call? I did not see any from my vantage point and did not see it in the replay they showed at the game.
daweez
Legacy

Postby hoxgmp » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Cardinals D was certainly stout enough to confuse Tate/Baldwin/Kearse. The receivers are not winning 1 on 1 match ups and the LG position is still the weak spot. Platooning Carp/MQ isn't helping. Neither can pass or run block very well.
hoxgmp
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:45 am

daweez wrote:
c_hawkbob wrote:Hard to lose a game on such a horrible call, but the Cardinals defense should be proud of that win, they earned it.

Agree Cardinals D was really good tonight. Got a question, on the Cardinal TD drive we were flaged, (very late flag), for defensive holding on a third down. How did that look on the TV? Was it a good call? I did not see any from my vantage point and did not see it in the replay they showed at the game.

The flag came in Very late.
But it was also a legit call after seeing the replay.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:11 am

That penalty was frustrating because it was called so late but it was the correct call. Also it was an unnecessary penalty. No chance its caught even if Sherman didn't turn him
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:18 am

Agreed.
They were the better team yesterday.
Nothing more needs to be said.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:41 pm

I thought we'd see some run option against the AZ D. The O line was way overmatched and I didn't seem to see any adjustments. What a weird game.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:46 pm

The Cards D was spectacular. Holding us to 10 pts while their O gave us 4 TOs? TOs in this league are worth an average of 3.5 pts each. We should have scored, on average, a minimum of 14 pts just off TOs alone. Yes, there were some things that didn't go our way, aside from the officiating, how many chip shots will Haushka miss in his career? But mad props to the Cards D and props to their O line as well. And what a score in Ellington. Dayum.
HawkWow
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum