Blood in the water

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Blood in the water

Postby Johnny B » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Lost at home, offense did not play well, kicker struggled. Add in bad calls and too many penalties, playoff teams are seeing how to beat the Seahawks.
Johnny B
Legacy

Re: Blood in the water

Postby Mo the Toe » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:43 pm

You have to learn and improve. Hopefully they'll make a few corrections next week. Gotta play to win now for home field. They glass half full says this might be a wake up call. It still kills me that they lost at HOME.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby Johnny B » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm just frustrated. Defense played well, but offensively seems to be the weakness of the team. Maybe this is a wake up call, but I'm starting to see this offensive may prevent us from winning the Super Bowl.
Johnny B
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:07 pm

This loss was a total kick in the happy sack.

I threw my Fruitcake at the neighbor cat.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:44 pm

We were only good in one phase of the game today, & then not when it mattered most. A 4th Q TD & 2pt conversion was the worst thing I've seen defensively all year, and obviously, ST & the sputtering O (including my hero RW) had their worst game of the year if not in the last 2 years. And all this when a win would have meant so much more than any regular season game in a looong time. Don't know what to say, I'm just trying hard not to overreact.

I am truly upset at the officiating -from several missed Arizona holding calls (not the little ish that happens on every play) to the PI on Sherm, to the blown calls on the fumble (which led to 3 points) & the pseudo INT... It was hard to watch.... BUT, all that said, I'm not gonna go all Green Bay and blame the officials. We had our opportunities and we did not capitalize on any of them. From being on the goal line to missing a FG. My only hope is that this loss on our turf serves as motivation. I will lose my marbles if we lose next week.

PS Turbain needs to either a) not return KOs or b) learn how to protect the ball. I vote on A. I hope our receivers are ok... They all seemed dinged up. :-(
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Steady I thoght you licked your fruitcake already. You need to revote on the other thread. haha
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Mo the Toe wrote:Steady I thoght you licked your fruitcake already. You need to revote on the other thread. haha

I always get more than one. I need a spare when I get pissed off.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:01 pm

It's one thing to know how to beat us and another to have the components to do so. We are not a mystery, we keep it close to the vest, and outside of Wilson, not difficult to game plan for. Teams that can shut down the run will have success against us when the O-line can't pass block and/or RW has an off day. Perfect storm today and all credit to that Zona D. Palmer needs to buy Rolex's for both lines. Both units played very well and saved his ass...again.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:11 pm

I hear ya. A 5 year old fruitcake would have left a better taste in my mouth than this game.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby Johnny B » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:15 pm

Did anyone notice how many shots we took downfield on third downs? Didn't seem to have any intermediate routes to throw to. Not sure why miller or l. Wilson were not thrown to often.
Johnny B
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Thats what I'm saying about Bevel. Pressure up the middle and no screen passes or quick throws. To slow to adjust or didn't adjust. Again, I love where we are at this year but to get shutdown so brutally at home causes me some concerns.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby Johnny B » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Screens would have been nice. They better start having an offensive plan because fields goals or scoring 1 or 2 touchdowns in the playoffs won't get it done. Harvin better get healthy too, we need some explosive playmakers.
Johnny B
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:35 pm

I actually popped my ear (I've had a sinus infection) on one of the 3rd & 8 plays where they went DEEEP. It's tough to see with camera angles and such just why that was. Were they unae to covert on screens and more intermediate passes, or was the play calling ?able? I was pretty good at powderpuff... So I'm kind of an expert on play calling. ;)
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Johnny B wrote:I'm just frustrated. Defense played well, but offensively seems to be the weakness of the team. Maybe this is a wake up call, but I'm starting to see this offensive may prevent us from winning the Super Bowl.

Offense definitely was struggling and defense was good for just one thing, how can you let them burn you over and over again UP THROUGH THE MIDDLE!!! Drove me nuts
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:21 pm

Sure is nice to see all these older-than-a-great-Alice-in-Chains-LP-title Hawk handles from the PI Forum's glory years showin' up here.

I love it. Love love love love LOVE it.

It makes me appreciate what yoder's done for us here all the more.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby Seahawker » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:26 pm

This loss is on me,

On really important games i have a ritual of tearing up an opposing teams past player sports card just before kickoff.
I had a 81' Cardinal's Neil Lomax card ready to rip but things got real hectic pregame before kickoff and I guess I forgot.
I misplaced a Bradshaw card before SBXL and never tore it up before kickoff, sorry.
I promise I'll have Roman Gabriel, Jerry Rice and Joe Montana and an Elway card on hand for the rest of the way.
Seahawker
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:40 pm

^ :lol: ^

Sure is nice to see you again after so long, Seahawker.

Seems like five frick'n years now, man.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:42 pm

You shoulda' tore the Rice card up when he pulled Largent's 80 from the rafters. Rice is dead to me. LOL. If you choose to tear up the Montana, be sure to post the act on Youtube. Billboards and banners be damned!

Rott...you getting a little whimsical on us?? ; )
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Seahawker,

Man, I agree with Rott. I loved all of your posts back in the day. You were an animal come draft time. I swear, your draft boards were always OL 1st through 7th rounds. LOL!

It's nice to see the old timers coming on back.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawker » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:02 pm

rottweiler wrote:^ :lol: ^

Sure is nice to see you again after so long, Seahawker.

Seems like five frick'n years now, man.

Yeah Rott, it's great to be back although I never really left, life takes its twists & turns, but you and another dozen of the mainstays in here have helped keep me out of the mud over the years, truly. Dude I tell ya, some of your posts have made me LOL until I cried at times when I really needed that. You & I are of the same mold Rott, don't know if thats good, but damn it anyway. I know I haven't always been perfect in here but I love this place and we ARE going to win the SuperBowl.
Seahawker
Legacy

Postby hoxgmp » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Offense is definitely the achilles heel and has been for sometime especially against defenses that can put pressure with their front seven. Too many highs and lows. No consistency. No need to go for explosive plays on every third down. Take what the defense gives you and get the first down. When it's 3rd and 1 and you can run for five yards and get the first down, why risk and throw deep 20 yards away and hope you can get a big play? Doesn't matter whether it's the first quarter or the fourth. Maybe this is part of the maturation process of RW.

Defense played well and has become more consistent but you can't rely on them to make a stop when you need them to especially at the end of the game. Also, Carroll needs to do something about the penalties. You can almost expect to lose at least 100 yards every week due to penalties. You can't do that in the playoffs and hope to win. This has been an issue all year.

Special Teams has been solid for the most part except in KR. Hauschka was surprisingly off today. They should probably stick with Baldwin.
hoxgmp
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:58 am

Lots of improvement needed for next week, but this team has proven, for the most part, that they are Clutch.
And I expect that to be the case vs the Rams.
Zorn76
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum