Not one thread about that call here?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Not one thread about that call here?

Postby monkey » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Let me remedy that!

For a football, with a pointed end, to come down on a players arm which was flat and outstretched on the ground and not touch the turf, while kicking up a divet of artificial turf, it's gotta be a fracking Christmas MIRACLE!!!
It had to have been a completely supernatural occurrence, since that call completely defied all known laws of physics!

I realize that the way the offense played, there's no guarantee they tie the game up, and that certainly wasn't the reason that the Seahawks lost, but the chance to try to tie the game was taken from us by one of the ABSOLUTE WORST CALLS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFETIME!!!

I can sort of see how the ref on the field bungled it, (if I stare at the sun until I see spots, then squint up my eyes while wearing super-thick prescription glasses that I don't need, all while crying!)...I mean it was BRUTALLY obvious that it hit the turf, but I suppose I can understand how he completely bungled that call... BUT FOR THE GARRAMN REPLAY OFFICIAL TO COMPLETELY FRACK UP THAT OBVIOUS CALL IS BEYOND EXPLANATION!!!

That replay clown ought to be fired right now! That is just unbearably bad.
What they expect us to believe happened is, the ball landed on it's tip, ONLY touching Baldwin's flat, outstretched arm, (despite the fact that the ball completely flattened out on the ground and kicked up turf) then bounced straight up into the air (even though the incoming trajectory makes that impossible) for the interception.

A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE EVERYONE! IT'S BLOODY AMAZING!!!

I could chew nails I'm so ticked right now!!
Last edited by monkey on Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monkey
Legacy

Re: Not one thread about that call here?

Postby depaashaas » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:07 pm

I think the ball can pop up in the air like that if it only hits the arm and not the ground, this time how ever I am with your and believe that it did hit the ground for the obvious reason you mentioned. It did not help us either that the refs denied us a fumble recovery for second time in three weeks

P.S. good to see you made it over to shack monkey
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:11 pm

depaashaas wrote:I think the ball can pop up in the air like that if it only hits the arm and not the ground, this time how ever I am with your and believe that it did hit the ground for the obvious reason you mentioned. It did not help us either that the refs denied us a fumble recovery for second time in three weeks

Okay, but mentally, if that ball hits his arm shouldn't that have taken the impact of the throw? I could see the ground causing the ball to pop up like that, but not a hit to the arm.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:16 pm

Yes the following Movie Clip came to mind after the review did not overturn the call on the field:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBXjf8Jce10

However, the reason we lost today is 90% on the offense, 5% on the referees and 5% on Dan Quinn reluctance to dial up pressure more frequently.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:17 pm

Steady_Hawk wrote:
depaashaas wrote:I think the ball can pop up in the air like that if it only hits the arm and not the ground, this time how ever I am with your and believe that it did hit the ground for the obvious reason you mentioned. It did not help us either that the refs denied us a fumble recovery for second time in three weeks

Okay, but mentally, if that ball hits his arm shouldn't that have taken the impact of the throw? I could see the ground causing the ball to pop up like that, but not a hit to the arm.

Does not matter it hit the ground the replay clearly showed that at the game, and the refs just refused to overturn it.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:18 pm

savvyman wrote:Yes the following Movie Clip came to mind after the review did not overturn the call on the field:

However, the reason we lost today is 90% on the offense, 5% on the referees and 5% on Dan Quinn reluctance to dial up pressure more frequently.

I would say 80% offense, 5% refs, 15% defense, we did have the lead with 7 minutes to go, and they could not hold them, something they have shown happens a lot.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:37 pm

Steady_Hawk wrote:

Maybe your arm is like mine, yelled and fat but I am pretty sure that Balwin's arm's are ripped like steel and therefore could pop it up in the air. Not in this case how ever you can clearly see the rubber coming up from the field and that could only have happened like that if the ball hit the turf. Bottom line, we got screwed by refs again on this play. Not sure if it would have changed the outcome of the game but it would have given Hawks a chance with one timeout left and they took it away from us
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:45 pm

savvyman wrote:Yes the following Movie Clip came to mind after the review did not overturn the call on the field:

Nice reference! And to paraphrase from that movie, anyone who has played football can tell you that never in history has there been a football that ridiculous!
monkey
Legacy

Postby Pain_Train » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:49 pm

We all know the ref's hosed the call. The field turf getting kicked up like it did proved it.

But Arizona made more plays and deserved the win. It would have been even worse if we hadn't had all those picks.
Pain_Train
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Maybe your arm is like mine, yelled and fat

Okay, that makes more sense. See, the ball would have stuck into my arm, therefor becoming a reception. :lol:
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Oly » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:04 pm

Pain_Train wrote:We all know the ref's hosed the call. The field turf getting kicked up like it did proved it.

But Arizona made more plays and deserved the win. It would have been even worse if we hadn't had all those picks.

+1

Besides, with the way the game had gone, I actually had less faith that the Hawks would tie it up before the pick than I had faith they'd beat the Bucs when down 21 points.
Oly
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:24 pm

I said before that we didn't make enough plays to mitigate the iffy calls/no -calls but it sure was frustrating that the had 3 points right after the fumble recovery. RW missed some opportunities today, which I think will motivate him even more. He will improve for the next game, guaranteed.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:21 am

Hawk Sista wrote:I said before that we didn't make enough plays to mitigate the iffy calls/no -calls but it sure was frustrating that the had 3 points right after the fumble recovery. RW missed some opportunities today, which I think will motivate him even more. He will improve for the next game, guaranteed.

I hope they improve from this point through the playoffs. What we saw from the offense concerns me not only for the Rams game but also for the entire run we will have. We could be one and done if this keeps up.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:46 am

Ah, man.

Look, I get the frustration.

But the bottom line is this: Carson Palmer practically gift wrapped this game to us via 4 INT's, and we make him pay with 3 points from those turnovers. Malcom Smith's pick was the worst, because Hauschka inexplicably shanked a FG from PAT distance before half, let alone us having a 1st & goal and failing to punch it it for a TD.

Way too much going on in this game for me to dwell on that call, sorry.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:45 am

I agree.... But there were two point producing calls /no calls, plus the one at the end. It was our worst game in years and one cannot blame the ref for O play like that. Hope we bounce back. Jeezzzz
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:02 am

Yeah, it's not the reason we lost, but I want the league to answer this:

WHY DO YOU SPEND TIME REVIEWING THE GDDMN PLAY IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO *STILL* BLOW THE CALL?

Slo-mo *clearly* shows the ball hitting the ground and on the fumble, replay *clearly* shows the runner wasn't down until his body hit, and then that the ball was clearly out before his body hit.

Does anyone have an explanation from them about how they could botch two calls so badly?

Again, I'm not sure we win that game yesterday either way, but those worthless f*cking referees are really starting to ruin the product.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:34 am

Like other had put it and It boils down to one thing. Cardinals wanted it more than the Seahawks. Plan and simple. I mean they kept taking chances with errant throws, but their defense rose to the occasion time after time. Cardinals wanted it more, and regardless of bad calls or bad reviews the way the game was going down the Cardinals simply out lasted us in a Defensive Battle and deserved the Win. Must take care of business next week or this Season can seriously go down the drain real fast.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:25 am

Bad calls happen in every game. You can't get away from it.
There was another call a couple of weeks ago in a non Seahawks game that after review was confirmed but still wrong.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:08 pm

Bad calls happen, and yesterday was no exception. They were horrible calls. I thought it was a fumble and you'll never convince me that ball didnt bounce off the ground. However, the refs didnt tell McDaniel to two hand shove that Cardinal after the play (taking away yet another 3rd down stop...) for a 15 yard personal foul. I'm pretty certain they havent told Clem to jump offsides nearly once a game on a 3rd down play... Turbin? Nothing can describe that.... Despite the shyt calls and Bevell sleep walking thru the game, the Hawks continually shot themselves in the foot.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:32 pm

I thought it was a fumble and you'll never convince me that ball didnt bounce off the ground.

There's no "thought" about it- the ball hit the turf. The TV guys froze it at the point it did so, in fact. It's just that somehow Hochuli managed the feat of missing what everyone else in the country had frozen in front of them on their 50" big screens.

Fcn @sshole.

And I think the botched non-reversal on the fumble was blown even worse.

I'm not blaming the refereeing *at all* for the loss, but that doesn't make having to tolerate these fck-ups week in and week out any less aggravating.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:42 pm

I was at the game. CHOKE!!!!!!Seattle's offense was terrible, Wilson, Lynch, all the receivers and the O line. Bevell was terrible. Carroll looked so tight he was squeaking. The only unit on the field that played well was the defense. For 3 quarters the refs were very fair and not many flags period. In the 4th quarter the Cards benefitted from some calls. By then the game should have been salted away. I refuse to blame the officials, its whistling in the graveyard.
As it is every team in the NFC would trade places with us. If Seattle cant win one of the last 2 at home with it all in front of them what the hell good is home field anyway?
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:38 pm

i think we have all gotten off track with the thread topic here. it was not about what lost the game but the BS call at the end which it was just that and i am also very tired of seeing this kind of stuff LEAGUE WIDE let alone having to feel singled out as a team for these things. Now that could just be the homer in me there with the latter part. The NFL seriously needs to fix the way the game is refereed and it needs to be consistent LEAGUE WIDE, IMHO.
Hawktown
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum