Gut Check

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Gut Check

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:19 am

Maybe we have peaked. Maybe we weren't as good as the power rankings indicated. Maybe our home field can't assure a win. Maybe the Niners are still the best team in the division.

We've lost two of our last 3 games. Not a good way to start the stretch run. Up until now, it's all been a life of peaches and cream. The Rams have our number. They know how to stop our offense, as they've done so for the past two years. So this will be a good measure of our team. Are we contenders or pretenders? This is the first time we've had to face adversity.

Look at the bright side. We just got hit square in the mouth, and we're going to have to respond. I'd rather that punch come now vs. in the playoffs.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Gut Check

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:44 am

We didn't get punched our o line got knocked out. Still, nothing has changed. Destiny is in our hands. Rams game is not a gimme.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:00 am

I believe the whole thing is my fault... 1st, I though the hawks would win, but I was a doubter too. 2nd, we have lost three games. I broke ritual in each of those three games. I will make things right from here on out....and my sincerest apologies.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:08 am

Get with the program, Sis- we can't have those kind of lapses of judgment this late in the season... :)

Yeah, this Sunday will be interesting now. Does this team:

1. Slough off a couple tough losses in their last three and march into the playoffs with HFA

or

2. P*ss down their legs, hand the 49ers the division, and limp into the playoffs losing 3 of 4 and going from undisputed(ish) best team in the NFL to near-historic choke artists?

Before yesterday, I was beginning to think this team was capable of focusing no matter the circumstances. Now I'm wondering.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:22 am

RiverDog wrote:Maybe we have peaked. Maybe we weren't as good as the power rankings indicated. Maybe our home field can't assure a win. Maybe the Niners are still the best team in the division.

We've lost two of our last 3 games. Not a good way to start the stretch run. Up until now, it's all been a life of peaches and cream. The Rams have our number. They know how to stop our offense, as they've done so for the past two years. So this will be a good measure of our team. Are we contenders or pretenders? This is the first time we've had to face adversity.

Look at the bright side. We just got hit square in the mouth, and we're going to have to respond. I'd rather that punch come now vs. in the playoffs.

We had a thread on the PI Forum about how much the fans have bought in.
I think RD, myself, and maybe a couple of others weren't ready to jump in with both feet.
Sunday's performance is the reason why for me.

Full credit to Arizona - their Defense can be as dominating as ours, but our Offense just isn't at the level it needs to be to dominate or enforce their will on another team when it really gets tough.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:36 am

Hard to beleive one loss could show so many weaknesses in a team that had built a such a solid reputation. Our offensive line has been porrous at times all year. Most of our receiver haven't been battle tested late in a season to overcome injuries and fatigue after being called upon all-season long. The 12th man can help the defense but not our offense. We'll find out next week whether we they can make corrections for their short comings or have a repeat of the cards game.Got alot riding on the Rams game inregards to progress they have made the last 2 years.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:35 pm

We'll see just what our team is made of this Sunday. We lose this game we might as well move the team to the Philippines and re-name them the Manila Folders.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Mo the Toe wrote:Hard to beleive one loss could show so many weaknesses in a team that had built a such a solid reputation. Our offensive line has been porrous at times all year. Most of our receiver haven't been battle tested late in a season to overcome injuries and fatigue after being called upon all-season long. The 12th man can help the defense but not our offense. We'll find out next week whether we they can make corrections for their short comings or have a repeat of the cards game.Got alot riding on the Rams game inregards to progress they have made the last 2 years.

This stretch reminds me of the 2 game stretch where we almost lost to the Titans & Rams. We'll get over this hump, move forward in the playoffs & win the Superbowl, it's that simple folks!! :D
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:34 pm

Vegaseahawk wrote:
Mo the Toe wrote:Hard to beleive one loss could show so many weaknesses in a team that had built a such a solid reputation. Our offensive line has been porrous at times all year. Most of our receiver haven't been battle tested late in a season to overcome injuries and fatigue after being called upon all-season long. The 12th man can help the defense but not our offense. We'll find out next week whether we they can make corrections for their short comings or have a repeat of the cards game.Got alot riding on the Rams game inregards to progress they have made the last 2 years.

This stretch reminds me of the 2 game stretch where we almost lost to the Titans & Rams. We'll get over this hump, move forward in the playoffs & win the Superbowl, it's that simple folks!! :D

Hopefully this is just a bump in the road. But we'll see. We need to beat the Rams, and beat them decisively. We need to go into the playoffs with confidence, not full of doubt and unanswered questions.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:38 pm

The Cards might be able to knock off the 49ers if Sunday and tonight is any indication.
The Cards are at home so they just might pull it off.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:43 pm

NorthHawk wrote:The Cards might be able to knock off the 49ers if Sunday and tonight is any indication.

It doesn't matter what happens between the Cards and Niners. If we can't beat a sub .500 team in our house with as much as there is riding on the outcome, we ain't goin nowhere anyway. If we lose Sunday, I'd rather go on the road and lose in someplace like Green Bay or Philly than suffer the shame of losing 3 straight at home after winning 14 in a row. That would amount to a complete, epic collapse.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:51 pm

I don't usually do this, but maybe the Christmas spirit is getting to me, so...

What RD just said.

If we're going to collapse, let's do it in style.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:25 pm

It's going to be tough against the Rams with their DL.
If Okung is out it will be even worse considering how well Quinn and Chris Long are playing.
Alternately, the Rams lost Jake Long their LT so we should be able to put more pressure on Clemens.
As well, with travel and Christmas, there is less time for them to prepare.
It might be another nail biter. I hope the Offense is ready.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:47 pm

NorthHawk wrote:It's going to be tough against the Rams with their DL.
If Okung is out it will be even worse considering how well Quinn and Chris Long are playing.
Alternately, the Rams lost Jake Long their LT so we should be able to put more pressure on Clemens.
As well, with travel and Christmas, there is less time for them to prepare.
It might be another nail biter. I hope the Offense is ready.

Yup. We don't match up well against the Rams. It won't be easy. But we beat them in their house. There's no reason in the world why we shouldn't beat them in our house. But our playoff opponents won't be any easier. It will be a good test of character. Are we contenders or pretenders?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:45 am

We will win.
It's that simple.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:49 am

I think so, too, Zorny. This will be a playoff atmosphere, at least for us. I can't imagine us coming out flat like we did against the Cards.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:35 am

RiverDog wrote:We'll see just what our team is made of this Sunday. We lose this game we might as well move the team to the Philippines and re-name them the Manila Folders.

Now that, DOG, is funny! :lol:
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:16 am

Zorn76 wrote:We will win.
It's that simple.

"We're going to get the ball and score" curse? Thanks bub! ;)
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:44 am

NorthHawk wrote:The Cards might be able to knock off the 49ers if Sunday and tonight is any indication.

Wouldn't this be interesting!
I like this matchup better than the Niner matchup in our stadium for the REVENGE.
Revenge is a dish best served COLD.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:01 am

I still want the Niners. They beat us last time out, too. I could think of no better NFC championship coronation and send off to the SB than a full fledged ass kicking of the defending NFC champs.

But I like the thought of playing the Cards, too.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:53 am

With ya RD, pick your "kick their ass" scenario.
Either way, I hope either one lasts long enough to come to our stadium, and have us kick the holy CRAP out of them. Please Lord this is Christmas and that is my wish, in addition to a "Groundhog Day" wish for peace on Earth.
At least in my part of the world it's Christmas.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:01 am

Eaglehawk wrote:With ya RD, pick your "kick their ass" scenario.
Either way, I hope either one lasts long enough to come to our stadium, and have us kick the holy CRAP out of them. Please Lord this is Christmas and that is my wish, in addition to a "Groundhog Day" wish for peace on Earth.
At least in my part of the world it's Christmas.

LOL! Maybe a letter to Santa would do the trick.

We need more than a win. We need a big win, one that ends the regular season with an exclamation point and not a question mark.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:28 am

I predict a rebound against the Rams. Thanks to the train wreck at home against the Cards there will be a question mark for the rest of the year.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:
Zorn76 wrote:We will win.
It's that simple.

"We're going to get the ball and score" curse? Thanks bub! ;)

Haha.

Thankfully, we have much better QB than we did then:)
Zorn76
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum