Pundits calling us out

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Pundits calling us out

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:31 pm

As predicted, the 12-3 Hawks are getting hammered in the media and as predicted, criticism of RW was waaay bigger than this game.

Tim Hass says our receivers are mediocre & RW has been keeping it together and hiding the glaring weakness @ wideout.

Hodge says that RW has been awful the last 3-4 weeks. He used words/phrases like: bad decision maker, inaccurate, erratic, awful, Hawks should be on Red Alert, there is no timing or rhythm.

Jaws had plenty to pile on & said Russell was not accurate/not sharp the last 5 weeks. The interviewer said - it's not like the Hawks ask RW to put the the team on his shoulders & there are legitimate concerns w/ what RW can do through the air.

Ok, jaws. Be hasn't been sharp the last 5 weeks? Let's see:
5 weeks ago - 72%, 230 yds, 2 TDs, 151.4 rating, big Win
4 weeks ago - 73.5%, 310 yds, 3 TDs, 139.6 rating, crushing Win
3 weeks ago - 72%, 199 yds, 1 TD/1 INT, 81.9 rating, 2 pt raod loss
2 weeks ago - 72%, 206 yds, 1 TD/1 INT, 86.3 rating, Win didn't finish game
This week - 40.7%, 108 yds, 1 TD, 1 bogus INT, 49.6 rating, Loss

Really.... Not sharp/ineffective the last 5 weeks??? WTF

Yes, there are WR concerns, 3rd down conversion concerns, & RW needs to get better.... But sheesh.

This right here is why I stick up for Kaep. His coach started calling the game differently & his weapons were out, but in the media he went from a god to a dog to a god again.

How about a little honest discussion without being so dang polarizing?? RW has not been as precise the last three weeks. That's fair. Some of our stats are trending in the wrong direction. Discussion of that is fair. We don't have a Megatron type player & we could use one... Yeah, well... Duh! Let's discuss without throwing it all on a season ending pyre, eh? RWs 101 passer rating is the single season best for a hawk which is followed closely by his rookie year's 100 rating. I'm not quite willing to say he's no good just yet. Grrrrr
Last edited by Hawk Sista on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Re: Pundits calling us out

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Good thing he knows how to "ignore the noise".
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Nice work, Sis.

Yeah, you knew it was coming- they owe it to viewers to be accurate, though. I think they just get on there and feel compelled to just blab.

I have to admit yesterday was a bit jarring- it's been a while since our offense has looked that bad. If it hadn't been for our D stiffening up in our endzone, the score could have been a lot uglier.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Agreed. This game looked more like a 31-10 beat down & would have been if our D wouldn't have stepped up w/ the crucial INTs. It was jarring to see us mugged like this at home. I hope it serves as motivation. RW was in the office @ 4:30 this AM. We shall see.

Hoping hard that Golden's hand & Kearses ankle are ok. A Percy siting wouldn't hurt.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby hoxgmp » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:55 pm

RW was at VMAC at 4:30 this morning. What more can he do?

You're right, Sista, about the pundits. They have been waiting to criticize RW all year and this game gave them a chance to do so.
hoxgmp
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:03 pm

Baldwin said that the Cards were really confusing them in coverage. We simply may have been out-coached. RW is a phenomenal QB, but mix in going against a great D-Line, a good defensive scheme against our WR's and having a very average O-Line, it just spells disaster. Top it off with some Zebra's and we didn't have a chance.

The thing that is crazy to me is how good this team is while we really have spots that sorely need to be upgraded.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:As predicted, the 12-3 Hawks are getting hammered in the media and as predicted, criticism of RW was waaay bigger than this game.

Tim Hass says our receivers are mediocre & RW has been keeping it together and hiding the glaring weakness @ wideout.

Hodge says that RW has been awful the last 3-4 weeks. He used words/phrases like: bad decision maker, inaccurate, erratic, awful, Hawks should be on Red Alert, there is no timing or rhythm.

Jaws had plenty to pile on & said Russell was not accurate/not sharp the last 5 weeks. The interviewer said - it's not like the Hawks ask RW to put the the team on his shoulders & there are legitimate concerns w/ what RW can do through the air.

Ok, jaws. Be hasn't been sharp the last 5 weeks? Let's see:
5 weeks ago - 72%, 230 yds, 2 TDs, 151.4 rating, big Win
4 weeks ago - 73.5%, 310 yds, 3 TDs, 139.6 rating, crushing Win
3 weeks ago - 72%, 199 yds, 1 TD/1 INT, 81.9 rating, 2 pt raod loss
2 weeks ago - 72%, 206 yds, 1 TD/1 INT, 86.3 rating, Win didn't finish game
This week - 40.7%, 108 yds, 1 TD, 1 bogus INT, 49.6 rating, Loss

Really.... Not sharp/ineffective the last 5 weeks??? WTF

Yes, there are WR concerns, 3rd down conversion concerns, & RW needs to get better.... But sheesh.

This right here is why I stick up for Kaep. His coach started calling the game differently & his weapons were out, but in the media he went from a god to a dog to a god again.

How about a little honest discussion without being so dang polarizing?? RW has not been as precise the last three weeks. That's fair. Some of our stats are trending in the wrong direction. Discussion of that is fair. We don't have a Megatron type player & we could use one... Yeah, well... Duh! Let's discuss without throwing it all on a season ending pyre, eh? RWs 101 passer rating is the single season best for a hawk which is followed closely by his rookie year's 100 rating. I'm not quite willing to say he's no good just yet. Grrrrr

Nice post accurate but the talking heads need something to talk about. add to the fact it is not all Rw, and anyone can see that if they open their eyes.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Moderation is always key. Don't get too high when we are playing well, don't get too low when we are not playing well.

For the most part, we have been media darlings with heaps of praise thrown our way. We were playing extremely well and that gave the talking heads something to talk about. Now we sputter and that gives them something to talk about, too. I expect and accept a bashing such as this because it's the nature of the beast....and somewhat deserved.

Also, such a bashing is not a bad thing for the players to feel, because really, who knows why we played so crappy yesterday? We are young and maybe some did get caught up in believing we are better than we are. Let them feel this and if they truly are winners, such attention will only serve as motivation going forward. Thinks me.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:58 pm

So after listening to all 3 of them as well as Ditka I do not feel as bad, Well at least not for Rw. Part of the issue is MIke and Mike did not let them finish their statements.

So as it relates to Tim, he makes a little point our WR have been less than great the last few games, again I think that is more about play calling then them we have short quick wr but yet lately they are calling plain long passes were you need straight line speed, something we do not have.

Hodge did say Rw has been playing bad, but just before they change subjects he is about to say its not all him

Jaws did say all the stuff but he did not take the bait form Mike and Mike about the shoulders thing, he to was talking about Rw supporting casts but got cut off.

So I think as it relates to Rw not to bad just Mike and Mike cutting guys off, as it relates to the Wr not good, but not awful. However Jaws was indeed wrong Rw has only had this one bad game although the 2 games prior were at best avg.

Mike and Mike was leading them all to get the info they wanted and cut them off when they started qualifying things. typical Mike and Mike
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:07 pm

The Hawks deserve to be called out.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:53 pm

I agree the hawks O & ST should be called out for this game, no question.

If you read my post...... I'm saying that they are piling on. To say RW had 5 bad games is ignorant. He's had 2 magnificent games, 2 average games & 1 very poor performance in the time frame. I'm not suggesting we cannot point out RWs pimples, but the kid has played a nice season. Put it in context, discuss it. But one bad game doesn't make him ineffective.

We definitely need to make adjustments. No ??
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:14 pm

We definitely need to make adjustments. No ??

Yes.

It's actually amazing it took this long for someone to (apparently) find a scheme and the personnel to shut us down enough to beat us (well, you know what I mean- in a humbling way).

The team will make adjustments. That's the NFL.

[edit- so what's the significance of "legacy" under our nicks?]
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:24 pm

One really bad decision that Russell made last Sunday really sticks out in my mind:

3rd and 1, in our own territory, Russell rolling to his left and with an easy first down and probably a lot more, fires a very tight sideline pass to Kearse who barely is able to keep his feet in bounds but doesn't complete the catch. Punt.

When Russell let go of that ball, I thought "oh, boy, someone must be wide open for a big gain as Russell wouldn't sacrifice an easy first down for anything less". Wrong.

I don't care what the stats say. Russell hasn't looked sharp for the past 3 games. He's as much to blame as anyone for our loss Sunday. Bitching about Bevell and the play calling is nothing but a cheap rationalization. He needs to play better and do so immediately or else we'll be picking chit with the chickens. And that's coming from a guy that has stated repeatedly how much he likes Russell, both as a person as well as a player.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:28 pm

3rd and 1, in our own territory, Russell rolling to his left and with an easy first down and probably a lot more, fires a very tight sideline pass to Kearse who barely is able to keep his feet in bounds but doesn't complete the catch. Punt.

We thought the exact same thing ~ RW had the first plus and additional 10 yards, he was almost over the line when he threw it. I figured it was giant gain given his decision making over the course of the season.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Hard to argue with that, RD. He didn't look the same, and I know precisely what play you're talking about because it jumped at me, too, as an uncharacteristically bad decision.

He was also skittish in the pocket, and forced at least a few passes I assumed he had matured beyond.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:35 pm

RiverDog wrote:One really bad decision that Russell made last Sunday really sticks out in my mind:

When Russell let go of that ball, I thought "oh, boy, someone must be wide open for a big gain as Russell wouldn't sacrifice an easy first down for anything less". Wrong.

I don't care what the stats say. Russell hasn't looked sharp for the past 3 games. He's as much to blame as anyone for our loss Sunday. Bitching about Bevell and the play calling is nothing but a cheap rationalization. He needs to play better and do so immediately or else we'll be picking chit with the chickens. And that's coming from a guy that has stated repeatedly how much he likes Russell, both as a person as well as a player.

Been explained, and I was at the game the ref signaled first down so Rw and Lynch and in fact the whole offense thought it was 1st down not 3rd.

As to the rest of your rant huh no he did not play well last game but the play calling was really bad, PC said it himself they were looking long on most every play, and the WR were not getting open, Moon said that. So sorry I agree he did not play well this past game but it is far form all him. The play calling has been really bad.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Anthony wrote:
RiverDog wrote:One really bad decision that Russell made last Sunday really sticks out in my mind:

Been explained, and I was at the game the ref signaled first down so Rw and Lynch and in fact the whole offense thought it was 1st down not 3rd.

As to the rest of your rant huh no he did not play well last game but the play calling was really bad, PC said it himself they were looking long on most every play, and the WR were not getting open, Moon said that. So sorry I agree he did not play well this past game but it is far form all him. The play calling has been really bad.

Hell, if that's true, it makes it even worse. There was no doubt it was 3rd down. I just looked at the reply. The ref marked it short. They did not signal first down, didn't even call for a measurement and the chains never budged. How on Earth could anyone assume it was a first down? He's the frigging QB, the first thing he should do after the play is assess the down and distance. That's as lame of an excuse as I've ever heard.
Last edited by RiverDog on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:55 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Anthony wrote:

Hell, if that's true, it makes it even worse. There was no doubt it was 3rd down. The sideline marker clearly had a "3" and the chains had not advanced. He's the frigging QB, the first he should do after the play is assess the down and distance. That's as lame of an excuse as I've ever heard.

lame excuse or not it is what happened heck even PC said he though it was a first down. Of course Rw could have taken time to check and then ask why it was signaled a first down but that would have meant a delay call. All that said Baldwin had the ball he was in bounds and dropped it as he hit the ground it is on him, he maintains control like a pro wr is suppose to and not only do we have the first down and are moving, but we have momentum.

Again all of that said the whole offense played like crap, the Wr, the RB, the o-line, the QB and especially the OC.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:06 pm

Then PC is full of chit. There is absolutely no excuse for the coaches and/or qb not to know what the down and distance was. The refs weren't confused, the TV announcers weren't confused, how in the hell can our qb be confused?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:12 pm

lame excuse or not it is what happened heck even PC said he though it was a first down.

You're going to have to link me to that nonsensical explanation for me to buy it, because there are few circumstances under which a team could be *more* sure that they didn't get the first down.

He thinks someone is going to buy "We didn't see anyone signal anything, and the chains didn't move, but eh, I eyeballed it and it looked like a new set of downs so we went with it!"
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:15 pm

burrrton wrote:
lame excuse or not it is what happened heck even PC said he though it was a first down.

You're going to have to link me to that nonsensical explanation for me to buy it, because there are few circumstances under which a team could be *more* sure that they didn't get the first down.

He thinks someone is going to buy "We didn't see anyone signal anything, and the chains didn't move, but eh, I eyeballed it and it looked like a new set of downs so we went with it!"

No kidding. If our head coach and qb are as stupid as Anthony claims they are, we're in deep trouble. My 88 year old mother could tell it wasn't a first down.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:49 am

I had a tangible thread on this subject last week, Which basically said that, in proportion to our power ranking and play to that point, we weren't getting love that goes with it.

The media was waiting for a game like Sunday's. The minute we lost, they were gonna pounce all over us like we were the Chiefs.

So F 'em.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:59 am

burrrton wrote:

Listen to PC on 710 from Monday morning, I am just saying what PC said, I have no way to know if it is true, I was at the game and everyone in our are thought it was a first down as well given the ref did signaled first down, we thought they were slow moving the chains and next thing we knew there was a play going on. To me it does not matter Baldwin should have had it period.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:05 am

Anthony wrote:
burrrton wrote:

Listen to PC on 710 from Monday morning, I am just saying what PC said, I have no way to know if it is true, I was at the game and everyone in our are thought it was a first down as well given the ref did signaled first down, we thought they were slow moving the chains and next thing we knew there was a play going on. To me it does not matter Baldwin should have had it period.

Anthony is correct, Pete said all this. Pete's covering for RW but RW's not covering for Anthony. It was a mistake and IMO, Wilson has looked a bit off mentally as of late. Was he just momentarily stupid? Maybe.. Human? Absolutely. I don't know if this is the case here, but we all know these guys have lives outside of football and sometimes their personal lives interfere with their work, too. Maybe he caught the Mrs with Marcus Allen.. who knows? It sure did a number on OJ's head. ; ) I'll bet it's a while before we see RW stupid again.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:12 am

Awesome thread, sis.

I honestly myself think a lot of the bobbleheads mentioned on this thread are just saying some of this stuff in unison to light a fire under these Hawks' butts.

The talking heads know that — because of the salary cap, and the inevitability dictated by it that one of this team's biggest names like Sherman or Wilson will not be with the Hawks next season — the window on this team's best chance of reaching and/ or winning the Big Dance is about to close.

I don't think the talking heads have jumped off the Hawkwagon yet. They're actually trying to help this team by getting them angry, IMHO.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:40 am

Anthony is correct, Pete said all this. Pete's covering for RW but RW's not covering for Anthony. It was a mistake and IMO, Wilson has looked a bit off mentally as of late. Was he just momentarily stupid? Maybe.. Human? Absolutely. I don't know if this is the case here, but we all know these guys have lives outside of football and sometimes their personal lives interfere with their work, too. Maybe he caught the Mrs with Marcus Allen.. who knows? It sure did a number on OJ's head. ; ) I'll bet it's a while before we see RW stupid again.

That is bizarre. Every quarterback from Pop Warner on up knows to be aware of the down and distance. If it's true, then I've lost a lot of respect for Russell. That's a Mark Sanchez-Tony Romo style phuck up, not a mistake from a quarterback as heady as Russell is. There was no confusion on the part of the refs. They signaled correctly, the down marker changed from 2nd to 3rd, and the chains did not move.

Even if he did think it was first down, the best decision on that play would have been to run it and take the gift 10-15 yard gain rather than throwing a low percentage pass as he did, ie running to his left and throwing a 20 yard sideline pass. He had nothing but green in front of him with the sidelines to protect him from injury.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:02 am

RiverDog wrote:Anthony is correct, Pete said all this. Pete's covering for RW but RW's not covering for Anthony. It was a mistake and IMO, Wilson has looked a bit off mentally as of late. Was he just momentarily stupid? Maybe.. Human? Absolutely. I don't know if this is the case here, but we all know these guys have lives outside of football and sometimes their personal lives interfere with their work, too. Maybe he caught the Mrs with Marcus Allen.. who knows? It sure did a number on OJ's head. ; ) I'll bet it's a while before we see RW stupid again.

That is bizarre. Every quarterback from Pop Warner on up knows to be aware of the down and distance. If it's true, then I've lost a lot of respect for Russell. That's a Mark Sanchez-Tony Romo style phuck up, not a mistake from a quarterback as heady as Russell is. There was no confusion on the part of the refs. They signaled correctly, the down marker changed from 2nd to 3rd, and the chains did not move.

Even if he did think it was first down, the best decision on that play would have been to run it and take the gift 10-15 yard gain rather than throwing a low percentage pass as he did, ie running to his left and throwing a 20 yard sideline pass. He had nothing but green in front of him with the sidelines to protect him from injury.

I have to sort of disagree with you here RD. According to RW and Pete one official signaled first down. The Hawks were in a 2 minute hurry up mode. The play was called thinking it was first down, RW took the snap thinking it was first down, and made the play thinking it was first down. I was never the greatest QB, but I played the position through HS and in when you are in hurry up mode as soon as the first down is signaled you are not waiting to make sure the chains are moved to make the play call, you don't have time. An official made the signal of first down and that is the assumption they were operating under. As a QB you know the down and distance going into the huddle calling the play. You don't have time to check the sticks and the down marker. I remember sometimes I would check the scoreboard, but never in a 2 minute or hurry up situation, that thought doesn't even cross your mind if you have already been told it is a first down. It is easy to see the down and distance for us on TV, its at the bottom of the TV screen and we get to see that big yellow line.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:05 am

mykc14 wrote:
RiverDog wrote:Anthony is correct, Pete said all this. Pete's covering for RW but RW's not covering for Anthony. It was a mistake and IMO, Wilson has looked a bit off mentally as of late. Was he just momentarily stupid? Maybe.. Human? Absolutely. I don't know if this is the case here, but we all know these guys have lives outside of football and sometimes their personal lives interfere with their work, too. Maybe he caught the Mrs with Marcus Allen.. who knows? It sure did a number on OJ's head. ; ) I'll bet it's a while before we see RW stupid again.

I have to sort of disagree with you here RD. According to RW and Pete one official signaled first down. The Hawks were in a 2 minute hurry up mode. The play was called thinking it was first down, RW took the snap thinking it was first down, and made the play thinking it was first down. I was never the greatest QB, but I played the position through HS and in when you are in hurry up mode as soon as the first down is signaled you are not waiting to make sure the chains are moved to make the play call, you don't have time. An official made the signal of first down and that is the assumption they were operating under. As a QB you know the down and distance going into the huddle calling the play. You don't have time to check the sticks and the down marker. I remember sometimes I would check the scoreboard, but never in a 2 minute or hurry up situation, that thought doesn't even cross your mind if you have already been told it is a first down. It is easy to see the down and distance for us on TV, its at the bottom of the TV screen and we get to see that big yellow line.

Like I said, even if he was confused...and I'm still not accepting that excuse...his best option on that play was to run the ball. That was an extremely risky pass he attempted as he led him out of bounds. He had an easy 10 yards with the sidelines available to stop the clock if they were concerned with clock management. No matter how you slice it, that was a really bad decision.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:15 am

Let the pundits pile on. We deserve the criticism and over the top stuff as well. I agree 100 percent with Distant. We are who they thought we were. Unless we change things this week Sunday and during our playoff run.
Got to step up our offense play. HAVE TO. We would be the biggest collapse in the history of the game almost if we are one and done. I am confident PC will fix this problem.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:44 am

Eaglehawk wrote:Let the pundits pile on. We deserve the criticism and over the top stuff as well. I agree 100 percent with Distant. We are who they thought we were. Unless we change things this week Sunday and during our playoff run.
Got to step up our offense play. HAVE TO. We would be the biggest collapse in the history of the game almost if we are one and done. I am confident PC will fix this problem.

This 100%. As of now, we're looking like a one and done team. Aggravating is the best word for it.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:02 pm

RiverDog wrote:
mykc14 wrote:

Like I said, even if he was confused...and I'm still not accepting that excuse...his best option on that play was to run the ball. That was an extremely risky pass he attempted as he led him out of bounds. He had an easy 10 yards with the sidelines available to stop the clock if they were concerned with clock management. No matter how you slice it, that was a really bad decision.

I don't disagree that he probably had 10 yards in front of him, but to call it a 'risky pass' and 'really bad decision' is extreme. It was a perfectly placed pass that, had it been caught, would have been a 16 yard gain and stopped the clock. It had no chance of being intercepted. A risk pass and really bad decision was the INT he threw against the Giants.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:09 pm

RiverDog wrote:
mykc14 wrote:

the biggest issue is he threw a pass, a dart right on target, to Baldwin who caught it, was in bounds and then did not maintain it to the ground, that is on Baldwin, He maintains it to the ground like a true NFL wr all this does not matter. Perhaps you should relook at it, and remember he had it, it was a perfect throw and the WR did not maintain it, its on Baldwin, you may have liked Rw to do something different, but in the end the play was missed by the WR.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Really RD? You lost respect for Russell due to one mistake?? WOW! Every player and person for that matter makes mistakes, heck RD, I bet you have even made one once or twice in your life. Talk about over reaction.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:23 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Good thing he knows how to "ignore the noise".

lol, says it like a broken record doesn't he?
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:27 pm

HawkWow wrote:Anthony is correct, Pete said all this. Pete's covering for RW but RW's not covering for Anthony. It was a mistake and IMO, Wilson has looked a bit off mentally as of late. Was he just momentarily stupid? Maybe.. Human? Absolutely. I don't know if this is the case here, but we all know these guys have lives outside of football and sometimes their personal lives interfere with their work, too. Maybe he caught the Mrs with Marcus Allen.. who knows? It sure did a number on OJ's head. ; ) I'll bet it's a while before we see RW stupid again.

Yeah. HawkWow, you have said something no one else touched on, but I think about every day. During these last few weeks maybe something is affecting RW's concentration. Even though we beat the Giants. We know that he sees a shrink every Monday to help him focus for the week. We also know that the pundits have invited him out to New York, LA, and have done documentaries on him, and pumped him up to be the next NFL miracle kid. Well, suppose he is thinking too much about stuff now? Suppose he is trying too hard to be perfect. Suppose he realizes how freaking famous he now is. How big the "noise" is right now? Suppose he forgot momentarily how to just be Russell Wilson?

Suppose he forgot how to relax and play like he used to play? Also, suppose the wife is giving him problems? A young, nagging wife can make a man go crazy. (No disrespect here to young wives, just from my personal experience). Remember the kid is just 24 years old(remember when you were 24 years old?) and a franchise qb with the team and the State of Washington, Oregon, and BC, Canada "figuratively" on his shoulders.
The problems with accuracy is something we have not seen before at least to this extent. Let's face it, if that ball was more accurate to Baldwin during that last play,(even announcer said he was open) things might have been different and we would have taken it away from the zebras to screw us over. Or maybe, simply it was the light drizzle?

I know not what the answer should be, but the analysis is interesting.
Last edited by Eaglehawk on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:37 pm

Not to add to RD's dissatisfaction but that wasn't even the worst pass decion of the game to me. The one where he was rolling to the right while being chased and threw back across field got me out of my chair. Thats QB lesson #1 in QB 101 class. Maybe #2. Right after rest your third knuckle against the centers gooch. Didn't expect that from Russell.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:11 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:
HawkWow wrote:Anthony is correct, Pete said all this. Pete's covering for RW but RW's not covering for Anthony. It was a mistake and IMO, Wilson has looked a bit off mentally as of late. Was he just momentarily stupid? Maybe.. Human? Absolutely. I don't know if this is the case here, but we all know these guys have lives outside of football and sometimes their personal lives interfere with their work, too. Maybe he caught the Mrs with Marcus Allen.. who knows? It sure did a number on OJ's head. ; ) I'll bet it's a while before we see RW stupid again.

Yeah. HawkWow, you have said something no one else touched on, but I think about every day. During these last few weeks maybe something is affecting RW's concentration. Even though we beat the Giants. We know that he sees a shrink every Monday to help him focus for the week. We also know that the pundits have invited him out to New York, LA, and have done documentaries on him, and pumped him up to be the next NFL miracle kid. Well, suppose he is thinking too much about stuff now? Suppose he is trying too hard to be perfect. Suppose he realizes how freaking famous he now is. How big the "noise" is right now? Suppose he forgot momentarily how to just be Russell Wilson?

Suppose he forgot how to relax and play like he used to play? Also, suppose the wife is giving him problems? A young, nagging wife can make a man go crazy. (No disrespect here to young wives, just from my personal experience). Remember the kid is just 24 years old(remember when you were 24 years old?) and a franchise qb with the team and the State of Washington, Oregon, and BC, Canada "figuratively" on his shoulders.
The problems with accuracy is something we have not seen before at least to this extent. Let's face it, if that ball was more accurate to Baldwin during that last play,(even announcer said he was open) things might have been different and we would have taken it away from the zebras to screw us over. Or maybe, simply it was the light drizzle?

I know not what the answer should be, but the analysis is interesting.

We will never know about any of that, I agree the throw was bad on the last one. Maybe RW is pissed off about the OC and his one sided play calling the last 3 games. The play book as been reigned in the last 3 wks, I know Rw did not like it last year, maybe that is the problem he does not like it, feels it is setting the team up to fail, hard to argue given the results. We will never know, what we do know is he was in at 4am and there is no reason to reign in the playbook any more, no need to start slow, just call everything and let them go.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:21 pm

I don't disagree that he probably had 10 yards in front of him, but to call it a 'risky pass' and 'really bad decision' is extreme. It was a perfectly placed pass that, had it been caught, would have been a 16 yard gain and stopped the clock. It had no chance of being intercepted. A risk pass and really bad decision was the INT he threw against the Giants.

I shouldn't have said 'risky.' You're right, there was no chance of an interception. What I should have said was low percentage. Kearse had to go flat out to catch it, and as it was, he barely kept his feet in bounds. It would have required a phenomenal catch. Plus there was zero chance of him gaining any yards after the catch. Certainly Kearse can and has made those types of catches before, but the situation did not call for that type of pass to be thrown. IMO the additional 5 or 10 yards we would have gained on a completed pass was not worth the sure 10-15 yards he would have gained had he kept it. It was an ill advised decision.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Mo the Toe wrote:Not to add to RD's dissatisfaction but that wasn't even the worst pass decion of the game to me. The one where he was rolling to the right while being chased and threw back across field got me out of my chair. Thats QB lesson #1 in QB 101 class. Maybe #2. Right after rest your third knuckle against the centers gooch. Didn't expect that from Russell.

YeaH I saw that I think that was frustration because he was running and non of his receivers were moving with him, which is receiver 101 your QB is on the move, move with him so he can see you. IT happened a few times yesterday so much so Moon made a point of it on the broadcast
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Really RD? You lost respect for Russell due to one mistake?? WOW! Every player and person for that matter makes mistakes, heck RD, I bet you have even made one once or twice in your life. Talk about over reaction.

You heard me right. I lost respect. Not all respect, but definitely a lot.

I'm not throwing Russell under the bus. You're right, he's human and is going to make mistakes. What I am doing is conveying my disappointment in him. My expectations are pretty high for Russell, and he simply can't make those kinds of blunders if we are to get to the Super Bowl. It's stupid phuck ups like those that has kept Tony Romo from becoming a great, clutch quarterback. We can't afford drive killing mistakes like that in the close games that are sure to come.
RiverDog
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum