The almighty NFCW

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: The almighty NFCW

Postby HawkWow » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:33 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:What in the name of sense is the RRR? and where have I been? M-Rob was in trouble - do tell as I have zero idea what this means.

I think the Saints are the better team and I think they will come to play - the Philly D made Orton and Dallas look good last weekend. If they get the weather the predict - that could well be the game changer the Eagles need. I am sorry, but Skipper or Chippy or whatever the chubby frat boy coach is named makes me gag.

Not arguing with ya', just offering a different slant. The Saints are not a good outdoors team, or road team for that matter. You can't get much more outdoors on the road than Philly in January. That and I think Foles is playing better than any QB in the league and their ground game, McCoy in particular, is off the charts. I like that recipe in a cold climate.

The RRR is the Real Rob Report. Just before MRob was released (certainly NOT for this reason...$$$ was) He interviewed a few guys in the locker room and apparently Kearse raps a lot. But Michael wanted to rap this time and immediately starting rapping about smoking blunts..whatever. The very sensible Chris Clemons told him to knock it off, really jumped his ass, telling him "we don't promote smoking pot on this team" and Michael was visibly upset. We were seeing some of him prior to that airing and almost none since. The RRR, I felt, even though most liked it, was an incident waiting to happen. I would consider that an incident and to my knowledge, the RRR has not again aired since MRob's return. Additionally, I was rather miffed with MRob for airing that scene. I have to think Pete and Co were too. It was dumb as hell and not the way we want our team to be perceived...especially with all the pot and PED stuff going on...in addition to Michael pissing dirty in the past.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:03 pm

Oh yes, of course...............that RRR. I have seen it and enjoyed the fellars being fellars. I liked the messin' with Marshawn segment and some of the clowning around. I see what you mean about the potential for it to be a negative or a distraction. I did not see Christine rap about blunts. Ruh-Roh.

As for the Eagles - I hear you and agree with a lot of what you re saying. Their D is lame, but the offense is off the charts. Nick and Shady are a serious 1 - 2 punch....though I admit to mostly only seeing highlight reel stuff as I have not had much cause to watch them. I had one eye on them and one eye other things Sunday evening - but was surprised that the Boys put up as much a fight as they did; I seriously thought it was going to be a blowout. Drew and the Saints have had trouble out of town, for sure. If this game were in NO, it would be a 14 point deal due to the Philly D...I just checked the weather and it is not looking good for the dome gnome ( I just made that up). I'm not much of a gambler, but if I were, I think I might just stay away from this one....though more and more, I'm talking myself into to a weather related Eagle's victory with heavy doses of snow and Shady. Don't be afraid of me Hawk Wow............feel free to start a fight any old time. ;-)
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:24 pm

LOL...no not afraid of you at all. I love your writing and value your opinion. I've mentioned I did sports radio for a decade. In reflection, I see that has caused me to think opposing thoughts.. getting under people's skin was mandatory, but I understand this is not the place for that, though I will always express my thoughts (as contrary as they may be...I guess that's now my nature).

My bro that did the show with me grew up in Philly. Kept his season tickets even while living in Hawaii. Since we quit the show (because my mind was on other things), he moved back to Philly and will soon have a show there ; )!

BUT...he is no Hawk fan. It is imperative that I keep up with all things Philly so I can bust his chops when he gets uber-critical of our Hawks. The punk. ; )

I agree, this would be a good game to shy away from if wagering. Like yourself, I don't put a ton of faith in teams that can't defense an offense...the run game in particular. I just have a feeling Philly will play above their heads and N.O. likely under. They've made a habit of that...never in their history winning a road play off game. Not that there's been many (5?). But maybe it's time?
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:25 pm

I picked NO to win that game. They aren't good on the road, that much is true, but Philly is almost as abysmal at home as NO is on the road ( 3-5 for NO, 4-4 for Philly in Met Life) add in that until the middle of the season Philly had lost something like12 or 14 straight at home, doesn't make me give them much respect.Two teams with suspect D's; and high powered offenses. If I have to choose one ( and skipping the other reasons I think this breaks the Saints way) I'll go with the HOF caliber QB, Foles may become great, nothing has shown up saying he can't ( other than he tends to hold the ball too long) but in this instance, HF advantage really isn't.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:49 pm

HawkWow wrote:
Zorn76 wrote:On another forum in August, I believe I had our division finishing as...

Seahawks (12 or 13 W's)
49ers (11 or 12 W's
Rams (7 W's)
Cards (6 W's)

I really underestimated AZ, and figured the Rams to be about where they are now, though they have had some solid wins this season, and even manhandled a couple (@Indy, vs Chi, vs N.O.)

That said, they are 2-5 on the road this year. And while we can't take anybody lightly after what happened last week, the Seahawks just need to play their game to take this. I do agree that the gameplan needs to be a lil' more dynamic, to say the least, to offset the pressure that Long and Quinn bring.

Screen passes, wheel routes to RB's, using Miller and Luke over the middle would go a long way in keep Stl off balance.

They manhandled us, to an extent, as well. Austin took a bit longer to grasp the O than I expected and I thought Bradford would remain healthy for a year...why? I don't know. But had Bradford stayed healthy, I'd have to think a couple more wins would have been possible...then they are right up near the top along with us and the others. But regardless of this year, I sincerely believe they have made the most of their drafts...with more to come. Zona did better than expected for sure, but us nor the 9ers really compare when it comes to the draft classes of the other 2 teams in the division. Sooner or later, we will feel that.

I hear you on Turbin, Eagle, I have done my best to consider his limitations to be the byproduct of his limited reps, but fumbling twice on KOs??....while I put most of that blame on Pete, Turbin has to own some of that too, whether familiar with the role or not. We better pray Michael has something to offer and is not a TO machine as reported. God forbid we lose an aging, battle scarred Lynch. Happy with this year for sure...worried about our near future..for sure.

Eh.
They have done pretty well defensively lately with the draft, but not so much offensively. Not enough play makers on that side of the ball for all the high 1st rounders they've had over the last 10 yrs.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:21 pm

Zorn76 wrote:
HawkWow wrote:
Zorn76 wrote:On another forum in August, I believe I had our division finishing as...

Seahawks (12 or 13 W's)
49ers (11 or 12 W's
Rams (7 W's)
Cards (6 W's)

I really underestimated AZ, and figured the Rams to be about where they are now, though they have had some solid wins this season, and even manhandled a couple (@Indy, vs Chi, vs N.O.)

That said, they are 2-5 on the road this year. And while we can't take anybody lightly after what happened last week, the Seahawks just need to play their game to take this. I do agree that the gameplan needs to be a lil' more dynamic, to say the least, to offset the pressure that Long and Quinn bring.

Screen passes, wheel routes to RB's, using Miller and Luke over the middle would go a long way in keep Stl off balance.

They manhandled us, to an extent, as well. Austin took a bit longer to grasp the O than I expected and I thought Bradford would remain healthy for a year...why? I don't know. But had Bradford stayed healthy, I'd have to think a couple more wins would have been possible...then they are right up near the top along with us and the others. But regardless of this year, I sincerely believe they have made the most of their drafts...with more to come. Zona did better than expected for sure, but us nor the 9ers really compare when it comes to the draft classes of the other 2 teams in the division. Sooner or later, we will feel that.

I hear you on Turbin, Eagle, I have done my best to consider his limitations to be the byproduct of his limited reps, but fumbling twice on KOs??....while I put most of that blame on Pete, Turbin has to own some of that too, whether familiar with the role or not. We better pray Michael has something to offer and is not a TO machine as reported. God forbid we lose an aging, battle scarred Lynch. Happy with this year for sure...worried about our near future..for sure.

Eh.
They have done pretty well defensively lately with the draft, but not so much offensively. Not enough play makers on that side of the ball for all the high 1st rounders they've had over the last 10 yrs.

Certainly I'm talking about Fisher's Rams, Zorn. Not 10 years ago Rams. Getting Zac Stacey with a 5th..I would call brilliant. I wasn't a fan of the Austin pick, but I won't be stunned if he's killin' it once he gets it figured out. His problem is the playbook, not his athletic qualities. They also got Stedman (sp?) Bailey in that draft. and IIRC, the rest was defense, including future pro-bowler Ogletree. Last year they got Brockers, Quick and Zuerlein. Their pick of Janoris (?) Jenkins was an absolute steal in the 2nd rd. So yes, I feel Fisher is drafting VERY well. Probably better than us. They will now see another year with multiple 1sts (and I believe 2nds). You can dismiss the Rams if you like. I will continue to keep a watchful eye on them.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:56 pm

To add fuel to the fire, they have 2 firsts again this year and are already making noises about offering their early pick.
They are going to challenge both us and SF for the Division pretty soon I would think.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum