Seahawks VS Giants

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Seahawks VS Giants

Postby ShackMod » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:35 am

Welcome to WEEK 15!
Line: Seahawks -7 (even), Total: 41.5

The folks at NY.com (the 'True Jersey') all predict that the Hawks are going to win. Got to love it!
ShackMod
Site Admin

Re: Seahawks VS Giants

Postby makena » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:49 am

Thats pretty bad ass!! Their own fans think they are going to get destroyed.
makena
Legacy

Postby CharlieCobra » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:57 am

I didn't see a single game week thread on the Giant forums. Couldn't go talk trash to them at all... :lol:
CharlieCobra
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:08 am

The last of our 10:00 am starts. We win this one, we can safely say that we've gotten that monkey off our backs. We'll be 4-1 in 10:00 am starts, 0-1 in 1:00 pm starts.

Miller and Unger were both listed as probable, Browner and KJ Wright are both out, along with you know who. I don't foresee a big problem beating the Giants, but this is the NFL and anything can and does happen. We've got to get a good pass rush on Eli.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:54 am

RiverDog wrote:The last of our 10:00 am starts. We win this one, we can safely say that we've gotten that monkey off our backs. We'll be 4-1 in 10:00 am starts, 0-1 in 1:00 pm starts.

Miller and Unger were both listed as probable, Browner and KJ Wright are both out, along with you know who. I don't foresee a big problem beating the Giants, but this is the NFL and anything can and does happen. We've got to get a good pass rush on Eli.

Yup I agree we should win but any thing can happen, depends which Eli shows up and how annoyed the Hawks are after last week. I just hope they do not call a conservative game plan on offense again.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:20 pm

Our D line should feast on Manning. If (when) we get up on them early and force Manning into throwing to catch up, we could very well see a double digit sack total.

I'm eager to see how the team responds after giving one away in SF.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Hawkstar wrote:Our D line should feast on Manning. If (when) we get up on them early and force Manning into throwing to catch up, we could very well see a double digit sack total.

I sure hope the Defense arrives to the ball quickly and in ill humor.
The Offense needs to get untracked, too.

I saw a little bit of a show about this weeks games last night and one of the talking heads predicted Hakeem Nicks will have a breakout game scoring 2 TDs.
Apparently he hasn't got one yet this year.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:46 pm

There would be nothing sweeter than to beat the Giants and watch San Fran lose to Tampa. Oh I would sooooooo happy!
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Steady_Hawk wrote:There would be nothing sweeter than to beat the Giants and watch San Fran lose to Tampa. Oh I would sooooooo happy!

Any given Sunday! Tampa has righted the ship, lets hope they continue to play well. It's a tough road trip for both the Niners and Hawks. I like our match up better, I like it even more with JPP out.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:07 pm

Steady_Hawk wrote:There would be nothing sweeter than to beat the Giants and watch San Fran lose to Tampa. Oh I would sooooooo happy!

Why stop there? I have visions of SF losing to Tampa ( 50/50 IMHO) and Saints looking past the Rams ( 60/40 IMHO) with a Hawks blowout victory in NY. Thus creating a Seahawks NFCW division crown, the number 1 seed and a FANTASTIC Sunday afternoon :D . Tis' the season and all that...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:10 pm

I'm a huge Bucs and Rams fan this week!
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:27 pm

Getting pressure on Manning is the key. Eli is extremely prone to mistakes when you force him to make a quick decision. IMO we get a pick 6 in this game.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:35 pm

What no one is talking about.. which could level out the playing field is the Winter Storm that is hitting the North East. This is starting to look real bad, and although our Hawks can play in inclement weather.... a Snow Storm? This maybe difficult to say the least.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-1 ... heast.html
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Man we're made to be the perfect cold weather team! From Beast Mode to Russell Wilson's HOUSes (Hands Of Unusual Size), if you were going to design a team specifically for foul weather football you couldn't do better than the team we got!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:05 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Man we're made to be the perfect cold weather team! From Beast Mode to Russell Wilson's HOUSes (Hands Of Unusual Size), if you were going to design a team specifically for foul weather football you couldn't do better than the team we got!

Agreed add in quick WR, and the love of WR screens and we are built for bad weather.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:09 pm

Anthony wrote:
c_hawkbob wrote:Man we're made to be the perfect cold weather team! From Beast Mode to Russell Wilson's HOUSes (Hands Of Unusual Size), if you were going to design a team specifically for foul weather football you couldn't do better than the team we got!

Agreed add in quick WR, and the love of WR screens and we are built for bad weather.

Ok But Heavy Snow? Name the last game we played in that was Heavy Snow? Last time I remembered there was a game against the Chiefs way back... where it poured so hard that it pretty much neutralized the game plan for both teams. I am just saying if the game elements are so bad it may even the playing field. Count in the fact the long travel distance. The benefit we have is a shifty and escape artist in RW and
Eli can't scramble to save his Citizen ECO Drive. Yes of course we can play in Bad Weather... but what about really bad Weather? Snow Storms are no joke
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby ShackMod » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:00 pm

Any predictions on score?
I'm thinking blow out-
42-10 Hawks.
ShackMod
Site Admin

Postby Hawkstar » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:29 pm

ShackMod wrote:Any predictions on score?
I'm thinking blow out-
42-10 Hawks.

Might be tough to hang 42 on them with the weather system hitting the area. I like the Hawks in a lopsided game, but thinking 24-7.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:57 pm

Add in Tate in the return game. Snow is fine, and honestly could care less how they win, it THAT they win that matters. Win and the snow, the opponent, and the location become irrelevant. Wilson, Tate and Lynch could all have enormous games if it snows. Add in a team that is turnover prone ( Giants) a porous O-line and you have a very nice recipe.

( GB Playoff game, Philly MNF blowout were the most recent heavy snow games I can remember, thing is, this ISN'T that team, so there is little to base the success of these players on in that regard. You have to form an opinion on what the Seahawks do well and the players attributes that are currently on the team. IE Wilson's hand size, and his desire to play in the snow, Lynch's shiftiness and power, Tates elusiveness.. which IMHO is the BIGGEST asset should there be a lot of it. Players that are elusive and fast almost ALWAYS have great games in the snow, because they control where they are going as opposed to reacting to where they are going. See McCoy, last week as an example. Return type guys are the most dangerous in a game like that, and I would put Tates moves with the ball in the open field against anyone in the NFL at this point. That man is hard to tackle).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:52 pm

4XPIPS wrote:
Anthony wrote:

Ok But Heavy Snow? Name the last game we played in that was Heavy Snow? Last time I remembered there was a game against the Chiefs way back... where it poured so hard that it pretty much neutralized the game plan for both teams. I am just saying if the game elements are so bad it may even the playing field. Count in the fact the long travel distance. The benefit we have is a shifty and escape artist in RW and
Eli can't scramble to save his Citizen ECO Drive. Yes of course we can play in Bad Weather... but what about really bad Weather? Snow Storms are no joke

Heavy snow is not as bad to play in as freezing rain or high winds. And whether or how often we play in it doesn't change the fact that we have all of the things you would want in a team does have to.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:09 pm

We had a mild debate about inclement weather conditions when it had appeared that we might get some snow in Seattle for the Saints game. My position is that if we are decidedly better and already have an advantage against an opponent, why throw in a variable like the weather into the equation? All it takes is one fumbled punt or botched center snap and we could lose a game that was kept close due to the weather.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:25 pm

RiverDog wrote:

We had a mild debate about inclement weather conditions when it had appeared that we might get some snow in Seattle for the Saints game. My position is that if we are decidedly better and already have an advantage against an opponent, why throw in a variable like the weather into the equation? All it takes is one fumbled punt or botched center snap and we could lose a game that was kept close due to the weather.

Or a fumbled punt or snap could turn a loss into a win, a close win into a comfortable one, or a comfortable one into a blow out.. This team has the tools to not only win in the snow, but to thrive IMHO, worrying about the weather costing a team a game is foolish IMO because BOTH teams play in the same elements, the better prepared, more explosive, more ball hawk team will win 99 out of a 100 times ( yes I know that is an exaggeration). If you can win because of talent in the sun and perfect elements, you can do the same in inclement weather. The odds do NOT change, UNLESS it is a situation where a team is playing in Tahiti for 4 straight years and then is dumped in GB, all teams play in the cold, the rain, the snow, etc, complaining about a team that plays all their games at home in the elements having to play a game in the elements makes zero sense to me...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:46 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:
RiverDog wrote:

Or a fumbled punt or snap could turn a loss into a win, a close win into a comfortable one, or a comfortable one into a blow out.. This team has the tools to not only win in the snow, but to thrive IMHO, worrying about the weather costing a team a game is foolish IMO because BOTH teams play in the same elements, the better prepared, more explosive, more ball hawk team will win 99 out of a 100 times ( yes I know that is an exaggeration). If you can win because of talent in the sun and perfect elements, you can do the same in inclement weather. The odds do NOT change, UNLESS it is a situation where a team is playing in Tahiti for 4 straight years and then is dumped in GB, all teams play in the cold, the rain, the snow, etc, complaining about a team that plays all their games at home in the elements having to play a game in the elements makes zero sense to me...

Oh, I'm not complaining, and I agree with cbob about our team being "built for cold weather." It's just that for me personally, I don't feel comfortable going into the game when the dynamics have been changed. We all assume we'd out perform Team X in bad weather, but we don't really know until it happens.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Well then let's look at this as a "scout" game for the one road game we have after this weekend this season, coincidentally in the same stadium in February. :mrgreen:
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:25 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Well then let's look at this as a "scout" game for the one road game we have after this weekend this season, coincidentally in the same stadium in February. :mrgreen:

Zactly.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:34 pm

RiverDog wrote:

I remember PC preaching the importance of taking care of the ball. So hopefully we would have remembered this and what you said would not happen. RD I hope you aren't jinxing us. ;)
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Beast and Russell ability to play in the cold weather isn't what worries me. What worries me is a fumbled punt, a slip at the wrong time by one of our DB's, a botched FG attempt. If the weather is such that it has the effect of keeping the game low scoring, all it takes is for us to come out on the wrong end of one of those.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:15 pm

We are going to have to take care of the ball. That means running with two hands on the ball in traffic.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:48 pm

I have two weather apps - 1 that is the NFL Weather app and the other just a random free app. They both say it should be partly cloudy, a 30% chance of rain with highs of 38.
So it might not be that bad for the game.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:26 pm

Hey, if one of the D-linmen pitched a snow ball and hit Eli in the face as he hiked the ball would that be unsportsmanlike conduct? ;)
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:26 am

ShackMod wrote:Welcome to WEEK 15!
Line: Seahawks -7 (even), Total: 41.5

The folks at NY.com (the 'True Jersey') all predict that the Hawks are going to win. Got to love it!

Nice touch to have the line and o/u listed:)

I Finally his a 3 team parlay last week (Chiefs-5, Broncos-13 & Seahawks +3). Hey, at least something good came out of that game for me:)

As for tomorrow, burn the clock and move the chains. Limit an already offensively challenged team to fewer possessions, and take the early lead to shake whatever confidence the G-men have at this point. Among the keys for Sunday is to implement, as much as possible, a game plan that's as aggressive as if we were playing at home.

I thought Bevell did a decent job of it last week, but then got too conservative, particularly during our last drive, when we settled for the go ahead FG. Our defense played ok overall, but the niners were moving the ball well enough for us to think that a 1pt margin could be preserved. Gotta take shots in the end zone under those circumstances, IMO.

I don't see a cake walk in NY, per say, but I do think the Seahawks come away with the win, 24-17.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:45 am

Hawkstar wrote:Our D line should feast on Manning. If (when) we get up on them early and force Manning into throwing to catch up, we could very well see a double digit sack total.

I'm hoping that the pissed off team shows up.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:23 am

NorthHawk wrote:I have two weather apps - 1 that is the NFL Weather app and the other just a random free app. They both say it should be partly cloudy, a 30% chance of rain with highs of 38.

Weren't they also predicting high winds?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:51 am

RiverDog wrote:
NorthHawk wrote:I have two weather apps - 1 that is the NFL Weather app and the other just a random free app. They both say it should be partly cloudy, a 30% chance of rain with highs of 38.

I didn't see that in the forecast. Either way, its too warm for snow. Hopefully you are right RD. Cause I missed the HW forecast. Anything that takes away Eli's passing game is fine with me! :P
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:12 am

Eaglehawk wrote:

I'm hoping that the pissed off team shows up.

There's 1. Its going to get ugly (uglier...) for Eli.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:16 am

Play calling is predictable again, playing it way to safe.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:39 am

Penalties and bad play calling killing us
Anthony
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:39 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:
RiverDog wrote:

I didn't see that in the forecast. Either way, its too warm for snow. Hopefully you are right RD. Cause I missed the HW forecast. Anything that takes away Eli's passing game is fine with me! :P

Well, what took away the passing game was the Seahawks defense, not the weather, half a dozen of one 6 of another.... :)
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum