Why I want the 9ers to win tonight

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Why I want the 9ers to win tonight

Postby Vegaseahawk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:05 pm

When this game first started, I was looking for an Atlanta win so that the Seahawks could get the #1 seed. But now, after thinking about it & watching the game, I feel that the Seahawks need to take this thing, earn it. They need this win next week to build strength, stamina, confidence, & regain the winning attitude that got them here in the first place, not have it gift wrapped for Christmas. The team is young, & a lesson like this is more valuable long term. Do you agree?
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Re: Why I want the 9ers to win tonight

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:09 pm

No. You take the gift if they want to give it.

It's OK to look for positives in a negative outcome, but don't hope for it.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:12 pm

Vegaseahawk wrote:When this game first started, I was looking for an Atlanta win so that the Seahawks could get the #1 seed. But now, after thinking about it & watching the game, I feel that the Seahawks need to take this thing, earn it. They need this win next week to build strength, stamina, confidence, & regain the winning attitude that got them here in the first place, not have it gift wrapped for Christmas. The team is young, & a lesson like this is more valuable long term. Do you agree?

Definitely hear what youre saying, but I'd happily take a Niner loss. Not happening tho, the Falcons cant tackle...
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:39 pm

I agree with vegas. Especially after what happened yesterday, this team needs a challenge. I'm glad the Niners won. It means we're going to have to play out the whole season. It will make us stronger.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:50 pm

I like the challenge and the fact the team is really going to have to earn it, but I'd be lyin' if I said my heart didn't sink a bit when Bowman picked that (stupid-ass) pass. Blank should fire White for that alone. Absolutely no reason to pass in that situation. Plus, my 9er neighbors let out a roar that made me ill. Felt like we lost twice in 2 days and both times involving curious interceptions.

Yep, I'm more bummed than happy.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:00 pm

If a team cannot get up and play their A game in the playoffs, they don't belong there to begin with. Backing in or earning it is humbug.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:04 pm

HawkWow wrote:I like the challenge and the fact the team is really going to have to earn it, but I'd be lyin' if I said my heart didn't sink a bit when Bowman picked that (stupid-ass) pass. Blank should fire White for that alone. Absolutely no reason to pass in that situation. Plus, my 9er neighbors let out a roar that made me ill. Felt like we lost twice in 2 days and both times involving curious interceptions.

Yep, I'm more bummed than happy.

I'll admit that I was rooting for Atlanta. Even if a Niners loss didn't benefit us, I'd still like to see the Niners lose. I don't like Harbaugh or Kaepernick.

But I do honestly feel it will be better for us in the long run. We have become complacent. Backing into the playoffs wouldn't have made us a better team. Kicking the crap out of the Rams will, and send us into the playoffs on a roll.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:41 am

Vegaseahawk wrote:When this game first started, I was looking for an Atlanta win so that the Seahawks could get the #1 seed. But now, after thinking about it & watching the game, I feel that the Seahawks need to take this thing, earn it. They need this win next week to build strength, stamina, confidence, & regain the winning attitude that got them here in the first place, not have it gift wrapped for Christmas. The team is young, & a lesson like this is more valuable long term. Do you agree?

I do.

And even if we already had everything clinched, you play to win vs the Rams. You do Not want to head into the playoffs with a loss, particularly a home one, then simply dismiss it. Gotta end on a positive note.

Obviously, we need this Sunday's game. I think this team can and will do it.

The amount of worry and borderline paranoia in several Hawk forum this week has surprised me a little.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:50 am

I'm all for momentum heading into the playoffs.

But to root for SF (our #1 enemy) when if they had lost, we have #1 seed; SF then has to beat AZ or they are out of the playoffs.

That would be sweeter to me than gaining a "psychological" push.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Clem7 wrote:I'm all for momentum heading into the playoffs.

But to root for SF (our #1 enemy) when if they had lost, we have #1 seed; SF then has to beat AZ or they are out of the playoffs.

Funny, towards the end of the game, when they successfully recovered that onside kick I found myself hoping for an Atlanta win, I actually laughed out loud at myself, & when Ryan delivered that gift pick 6, I was disappointed. Granted, in essence, I "rooted" for our hated enemy by way of my thinking that Seattle would gain nothing by locking up HFA & the NFCW without beating the Rams for it, but when it came right down to it, it would've been just too sweet to see the 49ers lose at home, & see Harbaugh's & Kaepernick's faces after the loss...
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Vegaseahawk wrote:
Clem7 wrote:I'm all for momentum heading into the playoffs.

Funny, towards the end of the game, when they successfully recovered that onside kick I found myself hoping for an Atlanta win, I actually laughed out loud at myself, & when Ryan delivered that gift pick 6, I was disappointed. Granted, in essence, I "rooted" for our hated enemy by way of my thinking that Seattle would gain nothing by locking up HFA & the NFCW without beating the Rams for it, but when it came right down to it, it would've been just too sweet to see the 49ers lose at home, & see Harbaugh's & Kaepernick's faces after the loss...

It's all good. But yea, Kap and Harbutt get on my last nerve.

I expect the win against the Rams and I expect the Hawks to pull out most everything on defense and offense.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:56 pm

Agreed.
I think you will see an offense that is absolutely dominant this time! We will pull out new stuff from our arses. The Rams won't stand a chance.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum