Why Sherm is so good

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Why Sherm is so good

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:00 am

c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Why Sherm is so good

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:00 am

Agreed. A Sports Science record? Wow! Such athletic abilities when was he drafted again?
They missed this guy? Unbeliveable. The dude is just about lights out and sharp as a tack.I thought for a minute we could have him catching balls out there as well for only a play or two of course...
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby makena » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:46 am

That's interesting. After watching that, I'm thinking Thomas and Sherm are the backbone of the LOB. Browner is done so they are taking auditions.
makena
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:23 am

The only liability Sherm has is his straight away speed, which is why he dropped in the draft.

IMO one of the major things that makes him great is Earl Thomas. ET can cover so much field that it give Sherman the ability to play tight and physical, and mitigates his one liability in straight away speed as Earl is back there to clean up any mistakes Sherman might make.

As much as I don't care for his antics, Sherman is the best cornerback in football.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:30 am

Great player and a really great community guy. My son attended a couple of NFL play 60 days with Sherm and Cam. Both were really great with the kids, but Sherm was over the top. You could tell he was there because he truly enjoyed working with the kids.

As a player, nobody can touch him. He's far and away the best Corner in the game.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:42 am

We can't let this guy get to FA.
If only for his ability to break down the Offenses he faces and pass that on to his team mates.
I think that knowledge gap would be equal or worse than the physical loss.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:47 am

NorthHawk wrote:We can't let this guy get to FA.
If only for his ability to break down the Offenses he faces and pass that on to his team mates.

Resigning Sherman will be the top offseason priority for us. Shutdown corners are worth their weight in gold.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:19 pm

RiverDog wrote:
NorthHawk wrote:We can't let this guy get to FA.

Resigning Sherman will be the top offseason priority for us. Shutdown corners are worth their weight in gold.

Agreed to a point as Et is also an FA and I do not think Sherman would be as good without ET or an ET like player. So I think we need them both, that would lock up 3/4th of the LOB.
Anthony
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum