If RW gets injured...

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

If RW gets injured...

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:27 pm

The way our o line has played, protection was better, but he still got sacked and hurried. The Rams can bring it on D. If heaven forbid RW goes down with an injury, can Tjack take us to the Promised Land? Who backs him up? Kitna?(I know he's with the Cboys but if they don't make the playoffs he might be available again).

No one has talked about this. So let's rationally do that. Is our post season over if RW goes down tomorrow? Chances?

Personal opinion: our post season chance for success goes down percentage wise, but not as much as with other teams. I think we have a good shot still because TJack knows Bevell's system.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Re: If RW gets injured...

Postby HawkWow » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:52 pm

OMG Eagle, what have you done???
^ You deserved that. ; )

Yours is a tough question and you don't mention whether or not we have HFA. I think our D is the best in the league but marginally better than Carolina's or SF's. So it really comes down to who has the better offense and who is at home. I believe Newton is playing better ball than Kaep and both are better than TJack. But I also believe that if at home, we stand a chance of beating anybody in the NFC with TJack. But keeping up with the reps of the AFC, in the SB, would be a problem, IMO.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:59 pm

hehe,

A scenario is a scenario. I would be branded a heretic elsewhere IMO. LOL.

Gotta plan for everything. Even this unlikely scenario. And yes, the scenario assumes HFA.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:14 pm

I totally agree. If the team considers such matters, why shouldn't we? I will probably get called a homer for this, and for the record, I am...but if we could get him with like a 5th, I'd like to see us draft Keith Price. It sounds like he and RW have established quite the relationship and while I wouldn't want to depend on him full time, with more coaching, I think he could be a cheap fill-in and nice fit to our offense.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:27 pm

If RW goes down, we're finished. No sense even debating the topic.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:30 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:The way our o line has played, protection was better, but he still got sacked and hurried. The Rams can bring it on D. If heaven forbid RW goes down with an injury, can Tjack take us to the Promised Land? Who backs him up? Kitna?(I know he's with the Cboys but if they don't make the playoffs he might be available again).

No one has talked about this. So let's rationally do that. Is our post season over if RW goes down tomorrow? Chances?

Personal opinion: our post season chance for success goes down percentage wise, but not as much as with other teams. I think we have a good shot still because TJack knows Bevell's system.

Well no, T-Jack can't take us there himself, but the team can still get there with him under center. As long as we got Lynch and this defense we can win, we just can't let ourselves get in a hole and expect T-Jack to rescue us like Russ does with his usual late game heroics.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:34 pm

RiverDog wrote:If RW goes down, we're finished. No sense even debating the topic.

You're just begging for someone to bring the Ravens and Trent Dilfer into the conversation. I'm going to resist that temptation.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:24 pm

RiverDog wrote:If RW goes down, we're finished. No sense even debating the topic.

Yea, we might make some noise. But to the Super Bowl? Not likely.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:55 pm

HawkWow wrote:

You're just begging for someone to bring the Ravens and Trent Dilfer into the conversation. I'm going to resist that temptation.

LOL! Yea, or Kerry Collins and the Giants.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:46 pm

I agree.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:50 am

IF that happens, we will ban eagle hawk from the forum. Sheesh, dude - what did you do? :o
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby ShackMod » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:10 am

Hawk Sista wrote:IF that happens, we will ban eagle hawk from the forum. Sheesh, dude - what did you do? :o

OK!!!! OK!!! should we create a poll to see if we should band Eagle Hawk? :lol:
ShackMod
Site Admin

Postby Ironfist » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:20 am

Wouldn't BJ Daniels be our 3rd qb?
Ironfist
Legacy

Postby PACHawk » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:34 am

...kiss SB goodbye. TJ is average QB, and we need RW to bring us over the top.
PACHawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:07 am

This team is built on Defense with an average Offense, much like championship teams of the past like the NY Giants with Hostetler at the helm.
Should RW go down to injury, it would be a big blow, but it might not be the end of the world.
We can only hope that scenario never happens.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:33 am

ShackMod wrote:
Hawk Sista wrote:IF that happens, we will ban eagle hawk from the forum. Sheesh, dude - what did you do? :o

Oh Jimmity Crickets!
My friends are now turning against me! ;) :o

In another forum I probably would be "almost" be banned as a heretic!!! RD knows all about that feeling,
But I like Clem7's position. And also Northhawk's and Chawkbob's position.
Clem7: Make some noise at home maybe but no SB trip. Northhawk and Chawkbob: Bad but not end of the world. I kinda favor Northhawk/ChawkBob's position. They just won me over to his side of this scenario. The Defense will get us the Lombardi. All our offense has to do is to take care of the ball.

Northhawk and Clem 7 Chawkbob and others for your thoughts.

With the inconsistency of our O line, let's hope we are not faced with this crap!
Last edited by Eaglehawk on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:43 am

But I'm drunk.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:48 am

HawkWow wrote:I totally agree. If the team considers such matters, why shouldn't we? I will probably get called a homer for this, and for the record, I am...but if we could get him with like a 5th, I'd like to see us draft Keith Price. It sounds like he and RW have established quite the relationship and while I wouldn't want to depend on him full time, with more coaching, I think he could be a cheap fill-in and nice fit to our offense.

Team definitely has this scenario gamed out .Agreed. Hawkwow.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:59 am

NorthHawk wrote:But I'm drunk.

You, too?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:07 am

RiverDog wrote:

You, too?

Okay, that explains why some people are awake at the hawkshack this late hour! You guys seem to be kind gentle drunks.
Nice! That means I can drink with you when I see you guys in the future around that fountain at the Bellagio. (Oceans 11).

I have just started to drink here.

I don't work tomorrow so this is going to be fun watching the game at 525am my time Monday morning. And trying to go to bed at 9pm to do so.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:20 am

Eaglehawk wrote:
RiverDog wrote:

You, too?

Okay, that explains why some people are awake at the hawkshack this late hour! You guys seem to be kind gentle drunks.
Nice! That means I can drink with you when I see you guys in the future around that fountain at the Bellagio. (Oceans 11).

I have just started to drink here.

I don't work tomorrow so this is going to be fun watching the game at 525am my time Monday morning. And trying to go to bed at 9pm to do so.

There are two types of drunks: Mean drunks and happy drunks. My wallet tells me that I fit into the latter. I suspect that North Hawk can be similarly categorized as being of the same disposition.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:43 am

I'm awake and sober. Bad combination.

Can't sleep, excited about tomorrows game and kicking around the different things I'd most like to do to Percy Harvin if given the chance. I have a ways to go, currently on the letter D, which obviously stands for Dick kick.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:55 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:
ShackMod wrote:

Oh Jimmity Crickets!
My friends are now turning against me! ;) :o

In another forum I probably would be "almost" be banned as a heretic!!! RD knows all about that feeling,
But I like Clem7's position. And also Northhawk's and Chawkbob's position.
Clem7: Make some noise at home maybe but no SB trip. Northhawk and Chawkbob: Bad but not end of the world. I kinda favor Northhawk/ChawkBob's position. They just won me over to his side of this scenario. The Defense will get us the Lombardi. All our offense has to do is to take care of the ball.

Northhawk and Clem 7 Chawkbob and others for your thoughts.

With the inconsistency of our O line, let's hope we are not faced with this crap!

I will say it again if Rw goes down we are not winning the SB period. The difference between Rw and TJ is huge and we just saw what happens when RW does not have a good game. We loose, so I am sorry to say I know some of you want to think plug and play and any QB will do, but its not true. Without Rw last year we do not make the comeback against Atlanta, which our defense then blew, or the comeback against Washington. How soon some of you forget that TJ has no 4th qtr comebacks as a hawk that was one of the knock on him by PC. To me if you guys are so sure that even without Rw we can win a SB then there is no reason to resign him to what will be a big contract. The problem is without him we are probably not even in the playoffs. Let me remind you if we only had 10 wins we would be out of the playoffs right now, and without Rw I am not convinced we would even have 9 wins right now. But hey you can believe what you want, and I hope we do not have to find out. I agree our defense is great, but you still need to score some, and as we have seen with Rw 9 4th qtr come back wins, something TJ cannot do, and our defense semi consistent giving up of leads in the 4th qtr the odds would not be good without RW. So I disagree with out Rw we will not win the SB, but as I said you can believe what you want and I hope we never have to find out.
Anthony
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum