Game thread? GO HAWKS!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Game thread? GO HAWKS!

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:46 pm

burrrton wrote:
I don't believe there was intent (in contacting the ref) and to me that matters most...unless the ref died or something.

Don't really disagree, but intent doesn't matter, and while that may sound like a technicality, I think if you consider the alternative it becomes obvious why that is.

They don't want to open the can of worms that comes if they allow players to hit refs in the face as they're looking away and pointing to a scoreboard because that would be pretty easy to fake, right?

I'm not saying that kind of stuff would be common or likely, but when you put yourself in position of trying to decide the intent of the offender, it's a nightmare (see also: "hate crimes").

Can't argue your reasoning bro but I think they need to evaluate such a costly penalty on an instance by instance basis. PLUS...you have me at a huge disadvantage. Hard to argue with a guy that has my all time favorite player's jersey for an avatar. ; ) Kenny once threw me that jersey in the dome...wrestled away by security and later they threatened to revoke my dad's seats after my subsequent ejection over the melee that followed. Prix. LOL.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:14 pm

YES, EagleHawk....I'm HAPPY. ;)
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:22 pm

To clarify.... My version of church is different than most. It involves me, my TV, the Hawks, a cocktail a prayer and a "W"
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Wasn't here today during the game, but it is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET that we finally clinch everything!
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:53 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:YES, EagleHawk....I'm HAPPY. ;)

Sista, if you're happy you KNOW that I am HAPPY. ;) (no ban) :lol:

Another thing SISTA, could you go to church every time the Hawks play in the playoffs? Seems to have worked today!
Keep it up!!! I'd go with ya but I am far away you know, plus for some reason I can't see my reflection in the mirror these days.
I'm sure after the SB I should be okay.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:44 am

Quick Thoughts On Game:

If I am a Ram Fan I would be really stoked about the future.

The Rams showed up to fight - The Hawks showed up to play a game - the difference between a team on the rise and a team that has already arrived.

Golden Tate continues to show that this is a breakout year for him. What a big game response by Tate who walked onto the field with a Target fixated on him by a very aggressive defense. No way the Front Office is going to choose that Bum over Tate when it comes to contact decisions.

Brandon Mebane had a monster game.

The entire defense deserved game balls.

Marshawn Lynch continues to show that he is as tough a running back as any back that has ever played in the NFL.

Bring on the 49ers.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:39 am

Can't argue your reasoning bro but I think they need to evaluate such a costly penalty on an instance by instance basis.

I think that would be both reasonable and 'doable'.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:34 am

Hawk Sista wrote:To clarify.... My version of church is different than most. It involves me, my TV, the Hawks, a cocktail a prayer and a "W"

Amen Sista, AMEN.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum