NFC WEST CHAMPS! #1 SEED!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

NFC WEST CHAMPS! #1 SEED!

Postby wait_a_sec » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Here we go. I know there is a lot of questions about the offense, but dang it, it's been a great year. Great job Hawks!!! Now get prepared and get some rest. 2 wins and you are in!
wait_a_sec
Legacy

Re: NFC WEST CHAMPS! #1 SEED!

Postby burrrton » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:06 pm

The defense was its predictable self (Shut. Them. The. F*ck. Down.) and the offense started showing signs of life against a pretty good D.

Order is restored to the universe.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:17 pm

Kay, so it's Hawks v. Niners now, right — #1 v. #6?
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:23 pm

Might be misinterpreting you, rott, but the Niners are the 5th-seed, and NO is 6th-seed. However, we don't play either of them unless they win next week.

That said, I might take NO at PHI, meaning we'd get a rematch with NO at home in 2 weeks.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:27 pm

Sweet.

Now it is just win out.

Doesn't matter if it's pretty, ugly, smells good, stinks, refs give it to us (yea right), lucky as $%^, or whatever. Just win the games.

This team will of course need to be carried by the defense.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:33 pm

burrrton wrote:Might be misinterpreting you, rott, but the Niners are the 5th-seed, and NO is 6th-seed. However, we don't play either of them unless they win next week.

That said, I might take NO at PHI, meaning we'd get a rematch with NO at home in 2 weeks.

Someone just TMed me saying the Pack is the 6th seed. I've been celebrating by huffing paint and sniffing glue. You can only imagine my confusion.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Just what the doctor ordered! We needed not just a win, but a big win, in order to get the stench of that loss to the Cards out of our mouths.

Offense still has some work to do, but that D was awesome!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:46 pm

HawkWow wrote:
burrrton wrote:Might be misinterpreting you, rott, but the Niners are the 5th-seed, and NO is 6th-seed. However, we don't play either of them unless they win next week.

Someone just TMed me saying the Pack is the 6th seed. I've been celebrating by huffing paint and sniffing glue. You can only imagine my confusion.

That was comic GOLD, bro!!!
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:48 pm

rottweiler wrote:
HawkWow wrote:

That was comic GOLD, bro!!!

Huh?

; )
EDIT: So Packer contact calls and says SF @ GB and N.O plays (I assume) the Eagles. Winner of GB/SF to Seattle. Is this right? Damn...wish I'd seen that Packer ending after hearing it described. Too bad Harvin isn't the man Rodgers or Cobb is.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:10 pm

EDIT: So Packer contact calls and says SF @ GB and N.O plays (I assume) the Eagles. Winner of GB/SF to Seattle. Is this right? Damn...wish I'd seen that Packer ending after hearing it described. Too bad Harvin isn't the man Rodgers or Cobb is.[/quote]

We play the lower of the two seeds that come out of the first round, meaning it could be either seeds 4, 5, or 6. The only team we know we won't play will be the #3 seed, which right now looks like Philly (up 10-0 vs. Dallas)
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:16 pm

RiverDog wrote:EDIT: So Packer contact calls and says SF @ GB and N.O plays (I assume) the Eagles. Winner of GB/SF to Seattle. Is this right? Damn...wish I'd seen that Packer ending after hearing it described. Too bad Harvin isn't the man Rodgers or Cobb is.

We play the lower of the two seeds that come out of the first round, meaning it could be either seeds 4, 5, or 6. The only team we know we won't play will be the #3 seed, which right now looks like Philly (up 10-0 vs. Dallas)[/quote]

Thanks RD...and that's a good thing. I don't necessarily want to fire back up against Foles, McCoy, POLK! and Philly. Just as the Rams D scared me, so does the Eagles O. I am extremely hopeful a week off with help whatever seems to be ailing RW. Not a terrible game against a spooky-ass D, but he still looks a bit off, to me. You?
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Congratulations, Seattle Seahawks!

NFC WEST CHAMPS, AND HFA!!

Still a lot of work ahead, but at least we didn't blow it - not even close, really -- and we get some much needed rest and let the the other teams sweat out the WC round.
Zorn76
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum