Questions

A place to gather thoughts, ideas, etc. The 12th Man Think Tank.

Questions

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Ideas are good, so is a place to ask questions. I figure this to be the appropriate place so;

Does the fact that I don't see my sig line yet mean it's awaiting approval or am I not doing something right?
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Questions

Postby ShackMod » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:47 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Ideas are good, so is a place to ask questions. I figure this to be the appropriate place so;

Does the fact that I don't see my sig line yet mean it's awaiting approval or am I not doing something right?

Based on some initial user feedback, at this point, we are not allowing signatures in an effort to keep the forum less cluttered and clean looking. In the future, we will create a poll to see if the attitude towards signature have changed. However, feel free to start a thread to see if there is support and we can create a poll as soon as we get the feedback.

Thanks for your comment and keep them coming!
ShackMod
Site Admin

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:29 pm

It's cool. I'm not advocating sig lines, I just added one as part of filling out my profile. I can live without one as easily as with one.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:01 pm

How about Avatars? I see that some have them, but even the most basic photo I pulled up from the web of my customary Easily is too large, would be nice to insert an appropriate Gif that isn't to large as well. something like this ( not sure if the setup can't handle it and stuff though, but I use this as my avatar in FFL and other sites, so I am thinking it should work???)

HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:43 pm

Nice!
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:44 pm

I'm glad you decided against signature lines. It makes the place too busy. For the same reason, I also might suggest a limit on the number of quotes allowed in a reply post.

IMO let's stick to the KISS principle.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:49 am

RiverDog wrote:I'm glad you decided against signature lines. It makes the place too busy. For the same reason, I also might suggest a limit on the number of quotes allowed in a reply post.

Disagree, I'd rather see one post with several quotes than several post in a row from the same poster each addressing a separate response or part of a response.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:38 am

RiverDog wrote:I'm glad you decided against signature lines. It makes the place too busy. For the same reason, I also might suggest a limit on the number of quotes allowed in a reply post.

I would prefer the quotes. Makes reading much simpler in the long run and makes thing more compact.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri May 13, 2016 5:36 am

Washeska3 wrote:Well,

No update still?

Wash

I'm not sure what your problems with the site are, but most of us regulars are quite satisfied with it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby ShackMod » Fri May 27, 2016 9:45 am

At some point we "might" update the site. Currently, we appreciate the community in its current form.

Mak
ShackMod
Site Admin

Return to Website Think Tank