da shack awards, baby

A place to gather thoughts, ideas, etc. The 12th Man Think Tank.

Would you be down with passin' round some "Shack Plaques" here once or more a year?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:49 pm

Yes.
50%
No.
10%
It might be a good idea — worth a trial run, at least.
30%
I guess I'm not sure. I blame The Illuminati.
10%

Total votes : 10

da shack awards, baby

Postby rottweiler » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:49 pm

What fellow Hawk fans would be up for our man yoder here passin' 'round some Shack awards once a year — maybe like on the anniversary of the beloved site's kick-off date?

Heck, what if yoder even took it a step further, and passed out some trophies even more frequently than once a year?

You know, pieces of fool's gold, silver or bronze for fellow posters who've not only contributed to the site financially, but whose sheer post numbers and/ or vignettes here over a given course of time have been deemed by our gang as most worthy and/ or (tragically, i.e. those written by me, particularly) unworthy reads with a Shack Plaque — or cavity — or three of phony Net metal to demonstrably illustrate said posts' and/ or a given poster's popularity?

I think it might help us bring in some new faces continually.

Anyone here with me?

Thuggin' it uuuuuuuuuuup Hawkstyle, bay-bee.
rottweiler
Legacy

Re: da shack awards, baby

Postby yoder » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Not a bad idea Rott! Once the season is over, I'll be adding things to the site. Lots of ideas!
yoder
Site Admin

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:35 am

I love this idea, it builds camaraderie and makes us more of a close knit group!
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:33 pm

Just saw this topic, as I'm seldom out of the football forum, lol.

Figures that my boy Rott would come up with this idea, since he'd get my vote as the best pure writer on this site, period.
I'll call it my "Prose Pro" award, and it goes to our favorite dog.

Poster of the Year would be the ultimate competitive category.

At the end of the day, though, I'd vote for Kalibane. The majority of the time, I find his take on things to pretty much be spot on, and even when I disagree, he still provides some good facts to back his opinion.

Class poster of the year vote on my end goes to Muglos, though he primarily posts at a different site. I can seldom recall him having a poor attitude towards another member, even if he may have been in his right to do so.

Those are just generic categories I came up with from the top of my head. I like the idea. I guess the catch would be that members only vote once, and that the votes be public, so the ballot box isn't fixed in anybody's favor:)
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:56 pm

I blame it on the Illuminati!!! ONLY THEY SHOULD BE AWARDED as they are the ones who deserve the world! LOL :D
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:24 pm

Zorn76 wrote:Just saw this topic, as I'm seldom out of the football forum, lol.

Figures that my boy Rott would come up with this idea, since he'd get my vote as the best pure writer on this site, period.
I'll call it my "Prose Pro" award, and it goes to our favorite dog.

Poster of the Year would be the ultimate competitive category.

At the end of the day, though, I'd vote for Kalibane. The majority of the time, I find his take on things to pretty much be spot on, and even when I disagree, he still provides some good facts to back his opinion.

Class poster of the year vote on my end goes to Muglos, though he primarily posts at a different site. I can seldom recall him having a poor attitude towards another member, even if he may have been in his right to do so.

Those are just generic categories I came up with from the top of my head. I like the idea. I guess the catch would be that members only vote once, and that the votes be public, so the ballot box isn't fixed in anybody's favor:)

Second all of those nominations ( though like Zorn said, not sure Mugs would really qualify, miss that dude, and the only reason I ever have to even think about the Blue is because of him) so in that category, I'd actually go with Zorn, who I haven't seen really ever get into anything with anyone.....

I think there should be a "flamer" award (which could be awarded to whomever caused to most adverse response during the season) maybe a big pile of poop, or a Niners helmet, whichever was most convenient LOL.

Maybe also a "HHawk father" award to the most respected amongst posters, who generally is considered by most to hold the most weight. Maybe Bob or Sis, someone, everyone respects the hell out of... I don't know, but Poster and respect kind of go hand in hand I guess. Kal has the most insightful , intelligent posts, but sis and Bob just have my respect, no matter what they say or how little.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Can we have a button where if enough people push it (say 10 times) on one persons name/avatar, they will be labeled a troll for 1 month, or longer? Or just a picture of a grumpy troll that sits right below their name/avatar. now that would be an award for some in here!!! :idea: :mrgreen:
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby yoder » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:07 pm

Ok, I'm set on this now that The Shack has entered it's second season. Thanks again for the idea Rott! We'll hold it after the SB, so maybe mid Feb?

Since it would be near impossible to have physical trophies, maybe we could have a page on this site with virtual trophies? Something that gets passed down year after year, with your handle on it? Perhaps physical prizes as well. Grand prize (poster of the year) = hat, various other prizes for the categories...down to a key chain. Maybe in the future it could be a jersey? As you all know, they're not cheap though.

Here's another idea. I've recently partnered up with a guy who runs a large format print shop. I'm learning the world of signs, banners, posters, stickers, etc. That might be a cool prize for some category. Something to hang in the man cave.

Anyway, just thinking out loud. Keep coming up with ideas folks! This could be very cool.
yoder
Site Admin

Return to Website Think Tank