Epstein Case - Twists and Turns

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Re: Epstein Case - Twists and Turns

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:31 am

Hawktawk wrote:Disgusting look into the sleazy underbelly of the rich powerful abusers and bipartisan to boot. Why Epstein got a sweetheart beyond comprehension deal, why accosta got a cabinet position is all becoming clearer. As for DJTs relationship with Epstein footage has surfaced of trump and Epstein at a maralogo party with dozens of very young girls. Trump is grabbing some of them in questionable locations. Grinding with them. At one point he is filmed standing to the side with just he and Epstein commenting on how hot one is and then says something that causes Epstein to double over in laughter. He rode on the plane 4 times, Epstein and his female pimp rode on trumps plane, Clinton rode on Epstein’s plane 6 times and reportedly visited orgy island. This is huge but hey when you can grab pussy and admit it or sexually abuse a 22 year intern , be credibly accused of rape as both men are it probably won’t amount to much more than Epstein paying for his crimes. Also reported this morning he had sexual relations with young women while on work release. Sordid beyond comprehension .

Here's an article that discusses and shows the video Hawktalk is referring to:

The footage shows two wealthy men laughing and pointing as they appear to discuss young women dancing at a party.
Today, one of the men is president of the United States. The other is in federal lockup awaiting a bail decision as he fights sex trafficking and conspiracy charges.

The November 1992 tape in the NBC archives shows Donald Trump partying with Jeffrey Epstein at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate, now a private club, more than a decade before Epstein pleaded guilty to felony prostitution charges in Florida.

At one point in the video, Trump is seen grabbing a woman towards him and patting her behind.

The story is all over the news this AM, and women that were allegedly abused by Epstein are starting to come out of the woodwork. It's not going away anytime soon.

ttps://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tap ... y-n1030686

It's pretty obvious that at one time, albeit it a long time ago, that Trump and Epstein's relationship could be characterized as a friendship.

Trump, Clinton, and Epstein are all confirmed womanizers and have lied/covered up their exploits. Birds of a feather flock together.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:01 pm

idhawkman wrote:Your assumptions of me not following him are off base. I know who he is and what he is and have for years.

Then why didn't you know he never went to church or mentioned God much and he was a huge womanizer that cheated on every wife he had? You actually had the gall to tell me that he didn't cheat on Ivana with Marla Maples, which is total crap. he cheated on Melania as well. The guy's a cheater. His wives are trophy wives. He's about as religious as needs to be for his public image, which is likely why he was told to choose Mike Pence to win the religious conservative vote.

I tell you, you sure don't sound like you know Trump very well at all.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:30 pm

idhawkman wrote:Your assumptions of me not following him are off base. I know who he is and what he is and have for years.

Aseahawkfan wrote:Then why didn't you know he never went to church or mentioned God much and he was a huge womanizer that cheated on every wife he had?

What on earth makes you think I didn't know this?

You actually had the gall to tell me that he didn't cheat on Ivana with Marla Maples, which is total crap.

I think you have me confused with someone else.

he cheated on Melania as well. The guy's a cheater. His wives are trophy wives. He's about as religious as needs to be for his public image, which is likely why he was told to choose Mike Pence to win the religious conservative vote.

I tell you, you sure don't sound like you know Trump very well at all.

Again, you assume too much. I didn't vote for him to be a saint, I voted for him to be a president. That's been my position from day 1 and I've said it in here before.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:33 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Here's an article that discusses and shows the video Hawktalk is referring to:

The footage shows two wealthy men laughing and pointing as they appear to discuss young women dancing at a party.
Today, one of the men is president of the United States. The other is in federal lockup awaiting a bail decision as he fights sex trafficking and conspiracy charges.

The November 1992 tape in the NBC archives shows Donald Trump partying with Jeffrey Epstein at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate, now a private club, more than a decade before Epstein pleaded guilty to felony prostitution charges in Florida.

At one point in the video, Trump is seen grabbing a woman towards him and patting her behind.

The story is all over the news this AM, and women that were allegedly abused by Epstein are starting to come out of the woodwork. It's not going away anytime soon.

It's pretty obvious that at one time, albeit it a long time ago, that Trump and Epstein's relationship could be characterized as a friendship.

Trump, Clinton, and Epstein are all confirmed womanizers and have lied/covered up their exploits. Birds of a feather flock together.

That's rubbish and you know it. Being womanizers and preying on underage girls is two different things and you know it. You have absolutely no evidence of Trump and an underage teen being inappropriate. "IF" it ever turns up, I'll condemn the actions of that but until then, you are spreading innuendo and are dangerously close to falling into being as big a liar as Trump.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:00 am

Trump admitted to Howard stern that he intentionally walked in on partially nude women in dressing rooms at his pageants. One girl confirmed he did so when she was 15. Mof there was a girl claiming she was 13 when raped by trump who dropped her lawsuit just before the election due to threats . There’s admitted sexual assault. Saying trump is a womanizer is unfair to womanizers. The most recent accusation is of rape in a department store dressing room . But hey wtf hawk man you didn’t vote for a saint right?
Last edited by Hawktawk on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:50 am

RiverDog wrote:Here's an article that discusses and shows the video Hawktalk is referring to:

idhawkman wrote:That's rubbish and you know it. Being womanizers and preying on underage girls is two different things and you know it. You have absolutely no evidence of Trump and an underage teen being inappropriate.

I didn't say that Trump preyed on underage girls. What I suggested was that he, like Clinton and Epstein, are confirmed womanizers and that it makes sense that they would find enough commonality to form a friendship.

idahawkman wrote:"IF" it ever turns up, I'll condemn the actions of that but until then, you are spreading innuendo and are dangerously close to falling into being as big a liar as Trump.

Congratulations on your discovery of the fact that Trump is a big liar! How long did it take you to come to that conclusion?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:59 am

idhawkman wrote: I didn't vote for him (Trump) to be a saint, I voted for him to be a president. That's been my position from day 1 and I've said it in here before.

OK, we can agree on that qualification. I didn't vote for him or any other candidate for public office to be a Saint, either.

But did you vote because you thought he'd be honest and truthful? You've already called him a big liar.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:15 pm

idhawkman wrote:Again, you assume too much. I didn't vote for him to be a saint, I voted for him to be a president. That's been my position from day 1 and I've said it in here before.

Now I can either go back and dig up that statement you saying he wasn't cheating on his wife while he was married or I can just chalk it up to you backing this guy no matter what. I'm going to leave it. You like what Trump is doing and defend anything he does.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:25 am

RiverDog wrote:I didn't say that Trump preyed on underage girls. What I suggested was that he, like Clinton and Epstein, are confirmed womanizers and that it makes sense that they would find enough commonality to form a friendship.

No, you tried to link them together saying that they hang together so then they must be the same. Now you want to split hairs because I called you on it.

idahawkman wrote:"IF" it ever turns up, I'll condemn the actions of that but until then, you are spreading innuendo and are dangerously close to falling into being as big a liar as Trump.

Congratulations on your discovery of the fact that Trump is a big liar! How long did it take you to come to that conclusion?

Now I have to explain the word "IF" to you or are you talking about the "... as Trump" part of my comment. "IF" it is the latter, I should have said "... as you think Trump is." Maybe I just thought you would be smart enough to figure that out though.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:28 am

idhawkman wrote: I didn't vote for him (Trump) to be a saint, I voted for him to be a president. That's been my position from day 1 and I've said it in here before.

RiverDog wrote:OK, we can agree on that qualification. I didn't vote for him or any other candidate for public office to be a Saint, either.

But did you vote because you thought he'd be honest and truthful? You've already called him a big liar.

I've already debunked the "me" calling him a big liar falsity so I won't go over it again. I voted for him to keep his promises from the campaign and as far as I'm concerned he not only has done that but he's gone even further. Therefore, in my book, he's not lied to me.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:29 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:
Now I can either go back and dig up that statement you saying he wasn't cheating on his wife while he was married or I can just chalk it up to you backing this guy no matter what. I'm going to leave it. You like what Trump is doing and defend anything he does.

Look all you want, you won't find me saying that.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:56 am

idhawkman wrote:Now I have to explain the word "IF" to you or are you talking about the "... as Trump" part of my comment. "IF" it is the latter, I should have said "... as you think Trump is." Maybe I just thought you would be smart enough to figure that out though.

Ah, damn. And here I thought that you woke up and smelled the roses. Never mind.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:09 am

idhawkman wrote:Now I have to explain the word "IF" to you or are you talking about the "... as Trump" part of my comment. "IF" it is the latter, I should have said "... as you think Trump is." Maybe I just thought you would be smart enough to figure that out though.
RiverDog wrote:
Ah, damn. And here I thought that you woke up and smelled the roses. Never mind.

Ahhhh, and there you have come clean where your mind is at. "WOKE!" Got it. TDS
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:28 am

While testifying under oath in his previous trial Epstein was asked if he or Donald Trump had ever had sex with underage girls and he pled the 5th. Evidence has surfaced that Epstein and Trump had a party at Mar A Lago where the only guests were 28 very young women and the two of them, some sort of a pinup calendar contest. I'm sure it was all about cake and ice cream :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan Dershowitz said to Laura Ingraham on Fox just yesterday that there was an ugly hit piece coming out on him because he was preparing a defense for Donald Trump and Israeli Prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu. He became very agitated and shrill claiming he had only had sex with one woman in the last 20 years. "i did not have sexual relations with that woman" comes to mind.Prince Andrew is apparently in the mix as well.

Oh well its interesting but my money is still on Epstein getting basically a life sentence and not much more unless he can truly unload the goods on all of the above in which case it might be the biggest political sex scandal in the history of the planet.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:18 pm

This Epstein could get bad if he isn't killed first. If this is bad enough to hurt enough powerful people, he'll be killed first.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:This Epstein could get bad if he isn't killed first. If this is bad enough to hurt enough powerful people, he'll be killed first.

In prison? He was just denied bail, so he'd have to be killed while in custody. How often does that happen in this country?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:27 am

Epstein got that sweetheart deal because it included a no prosecute clause that included "any and all co-conspirators". So giving him a slap on the wrist protected princes, politicians and captains of industry everywhere ... at least from the case prosecutors and detectives were working so hard on at the time.

I'm suuuure there are plenty more cases to be built out of this horror show though.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:29 am

c_hawkbob wrote:Epstein got that sweetheart deal because it included a no prosecute clause that included "any and all co-conspirators". So giving him a slap on the wrist protected princes, politicians and captains of industry everywhere ... at least from the case prosecutors and detectives were working so hard on at the time.

I'm suuuure there are plenty more cases to be built out of this horror show though.

Yup, and it could ensnare more than just princes, politicians, and captains of industry. The sheriff of Palm Beach County is opening an internal affairs investigation to see if any of his deputies violated department policy:

As claims swirl of lenient treatment and possibly even sexual activity occurring during Jeffrey Epstein's time spent on work release, Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw has ordered an internal affairs investigation Friday into the case.

https://www.wpbf.com/article/deputies-a ... e/28433662

Who knows where that will lead. As much as the locals know about what was going on within Epstein's mansion, it's hard to believe that law enforcement was in the dark about it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:38 am

And..in an article that dovetails with my analogy of "birds of a feather flock together"...

I like making lists. Here is one of some notably terrible people: The celebrity law professor who first made his name defending the Deep Throat guy and went on to advise upstanding characters like Harvey Weinstein. The gazillionaire lawyer who bankrupted Napster and hired a firm with the so-evil-it-sounds-made-up name of "Black Cube" to discredit and silence Weinstein's accusers. A two-bit hustler from Arkansas who makes a living by shaking down sheiks and tycoons for donations to his alleged charity. The president of the United States.

What do they all have in common? (Beside the fact that they are all incredibly rich, I mean.) Alan Dershowitz, David Boies, Bill Clinton, and Donald Trump are only a few of the names caught up in the alleged Jeffrey Epstein pedophilia scandal. This isn't six degrees of Kevin Bacon. These people all know each other well and have for decades. They go to one another's weddings, ride on the same airplanes, and do business together. They are all old and white. They all have the same kind of anti-aesthetic, which I would loosely describe as "New York Daily News sleezebag chic." They are what passes for the ruling class in this country.

https://theweek.com/articles/853591/eps ... ling-class

This has the potential to be the 21st century "trial of the century" depending on how far they want to dig.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:43 am

RiverDog wrote:In prison? He was just denied bail, so he'd have to be killed while in custody. How often does that happen in this country?

It will happen if it's bad enough. So far I haven't seen a case bad enough. We've seen more than a few high profile people murdered for messing with the wrong people. If as people say on here a bunch of princes, politicians, and captains of industry will be ensnared in this, then Epstein's time on the earth isn't long unless he keeps his mouth shut tight. This case is too high profile this time. It may take them some time to plan how to do it.

We'll see. I haven't ever seen a high profile sex trafficking case that ensnared anyone I much knew. Usually it's obscure or foreign rich folk getting caught. But Epstein seems tied in to a bunch of powerful and rich folk in America. We shall see.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:41 am

c_hawkbob wrote:Epstein got that sweetheart deal because it included a no prosecute clause that included "any and all co-conspirators". So giving him a slap on the wrist protected princes, politicians and captains of industry everywhere ... at least from the case prosecutors and detectives were working so hard on at the time.

Yep, it reaches the royal family through prince Andrew (I think that's the one that was married to Fergie).
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:47 am

Wow. Asea nailed it. Epstein dead by apparent suicide . How does a guy on suicide watch hang himself? Just yesterday a document was unsealed naming numerous high profile wealthy people as being clients of Epstein’s underage girls club. I have a hard time believing this account of his death. No sympathy , but much suspicion .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:57 am

When I read the headline this morning of Epstein's death, the first thing I thought about was ASF's prognosis, that someone would knock him off. I'm still skeptical, but who knows.

Regardless of the validity of any conspiracy theory, I'll bet that people like Clinton and Trump are breathing a huge sigh of relief. No embarrassing details to be made public during a trial.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:17 am

RiverDog wrote:When I read the headline this morning of Epstein's death, the first thing I thought about was ASF's prognosis, that someone would knock him off. I'm still skeptical, but who knows.

Regardless of the validity of any conspiracy theory, I'll bet that people like Clinton and Trump are breathing a huge sigh of relief. No embarrassing details to be made public during a trial.

Yep, who didn't see this coming? I wonder if they gave him the Vince Foster choice of do it yourself or we'll make it look like you did it yourself.

The bigger question is how many of the inmates within eye sight of his cell mysteriously die over the next year and how many of the guards on duty have fatal accidents. That will be the tell-tale sign.

Don't be too sure that the trials aren't going to go forward though. I don't think any of the named perpetrators can breathe easy just yet. Epstein supposedly had lots of staff and assistants along with documentation and the victims stories that still could come out and be very damaging. They may all get away with it now that Epstein is dead but it is a far cry from being in the clear just yet. This will be a wait and see case for a while now.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:28 am

idhawkman wrote:Don't be too sure that the trials aren't going to go forward though. I don't think any of the named perpetrators can breathe easy just yet. Epstein supposedly had lots of staff and assistants along with documentation and the victims stories that still could come out and be very damaging. They may all get away with it now that Epstein is dead but it is a far cry from being in the clear just yet. This will be a wait and see case for a while now.

You may be right on that. I just heard on the TV news that the victims and their advocates are going to press full speed ahead with a trial. Considering Epstein's estate, they'll likely cash in on some pretty good size damage awards.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:59 am

RiverDog wrote:You may be right on that. I just heard on the TV news that the victims and their advocates are going to press full speed ahead with a trial. Considering Epstein's estate, they'll likely cash in on some pretty good size damage awards.

The scary part is, they are putting themselves in danger. If someone is going to go through the troubles to get to him under suicide watch, what will they do to get to any remaining victims?
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:37 am

We'll likely never know for sure, but powerful people don't mess around. If you're going to get them involved in some serious scandal that could damage their power and reputation, you gotta go. Epstein could have done it himself knowing he was done like a Roman Senator or someone very powerful could have ushered him out of the world. Now we'll see if anyone can keep this scandal going without Epstein. I doubt it, but maybe there is enough evidence. I feel a lot of powerful people from all over the world were making a lot of calls to a lot of people to take care of this. Somehow the star witness ended up taken care of.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:48 am

idhawkman wrote:The scary part is, they are putting themselves in danger. If someone is going to go through the troubles to get to him under suicide watch, what will they do to get to any remaining victims?

Without Epstein they don't have enough to go on. They might do some payouts. It's not worth the risk to take out the victims unless they are absolutely determined to testify, can't be paid off, and are in contact with powerful people that can protect them. I doubt that many (if any) victims will be in that position unless some powerful political opponent wants this to happen.

Bad thing for them though is that Epstein was tied in across both political parties in America, thus an opposing party can't use this against their opponent because they'll both suffer with a scandal like this. Someone has to benefit to spend the time, money, and risk to push the case. I doubt that will happen.

All the dumbass Democrats and liberals that believe the Dems and liberals are more moral than Republicans (especially Hollyweird) will learn that is false for the thousandth time. There is no place more predatory towards young men and women than Hollyweird, the liberal and Democratic cesspool that tries to paint itself as for the people. They tried to protect that scumbag Polanski after he drugged and raped an underage girl. He hides out in France because apparently they're ok with child rape. The worst offender in the Metoo# movement was scumbag Harvey Weinstein.

Suffice it to say everyone with power likely wants this case to go away.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Asea come on man. It’s the Republican Party that’s always held itself up as having the moral high ground. The trump party has blown that out of the water. This is truly a bipartisan disgusting scandal . One shocking name released yesterday was former New Mexico Gov Bill Richardson who was very well regarded as a politician and cabinet member. Who knows how deep it goes. The FBI likely knows based on their seizures but it’s ultimately up to the walrus Barr and we know who he answers to so this likely ends soon.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:06 pm

scanning social media literally nobody believes this is a suicide.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:17 pm

idhawkman wrote:The scary part is, they are putting themselves in danger. If someone is going to go through the troubles to get to him under suicide watch, what will they do to get to any remaining victims?

Aseahawkfan wrote:Without Epstein they don't have enough to go on. They might do some payouts. It's not worth the risk to take out the victims unless they are absolutely determined to testify, can't be paid off, and are in contact with powerful people that can protect them. I doubt that many (if any) victims will be in that position unless some powerful political opponent wants this to happen.

Bad thing for them though is that Epstein was tied in across both political parties in America, thus an opposing party can't use this against their opponent because they'll both suffer with a scandal like this. Someone has to benefit to spend the time, money, and risk to push the case. I doubt that will happen.

All the dumbass Democrats and liberals that believe the Dems and liberals are more moral than Republicans (especially Hollyweird) will learn that is false for the thousandth time. There is no place more predatory towards young men and women than Hollyweird, the liberal and Democratic cesspool that tries to paint itself as for the people. They tried to protect that scumbag Polanski after he drugged and raped an underage girl. He hides out in France because apparently they're ok with child rape. The worst offender in the Metoo# movement was scumbag Harvey Weinstein.

Suffice it to say everyone with power likely wants this case to go away.

Had anyone else been criminally involved, they likely would have already been indicted.

Hypocrisy has never bothered either political party. Some of the same people that thought it was OK for a 50 year old man to be using his cigar as a French tickler on a 21 year old intern were the ones that were outraged at a 37 year old unsubstantiated claim of a groping incident at a party. Likewise, we have conservatives/R's that wanted to impeach a POTUS for a consensual act between two adults yet are OK with their guy cheating on his super model wife by banging pornstars and paying them 6 digit hush money.

When it comes to political sex scandals, the first thing the hard cores on both sides of the spectrum do is to look for the capital letter in parenthesis behind the name then they decide if they want to peg the outrage meter.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:26 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Asea come on man. It’s the Republican Party that’s always held itself up as having the moral high ground. The trump party has blown that out of the water. This is truly a bipartisan disgusting scandal . One shocking name released yesterday was former New Mexico Gov Bill Richardson who was very well regarded as a politician and cabinet member. Who knows how deep it goes. The FBI likely knows based on their seizures but it’s ultimately up to the walrus Barr and we know who he answers to so this likely ends soon.

That's simply not true. Jimmy Carter won the Presidency by holding himself up as a super moral, Sunday school teacher, pure as the wind driven snow politician.

I'm not sure how much The Walrus will have to do with this. He's been pretty powerless to stop SDNY, not sure how Epstein's case will be any different.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:40 pm

How did they get the prison guards to go along with it? Interrogate them! My question is who exactly had the most to lose if he stayed alive?
I-5
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:44 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Asea come on man. It’s the Republican Party that’s always held itself up as having the moral high ground. The trump party has blown that out of the water. This is truly a bipartisan disgusting scandal . One shocking name released yesterday was former New Mexico Gov Bill Richardson who was very well regarded as a politician and cabinet member. Who knows how deep it goes. The FBI likely knows based on their seizures but it’s ultimately up to the walrus Barr and we know who he answers to so this likely ends soon.

For religious people the Republicans maybe. As far as being "for the people", the Dems have always positioned themselves as the working man's party even while their wealthy and powerful are using their kids for sex toys.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:49 pm

I-5 wrote:How did they get the prison guards to go along with it? Interrogate them! My question is who exactly had the most to lose if he stayed alive?

A whole lot of people in many different nations on both sides of the political spectrum, which is why I gave him not long to live if what he knew was bad enough.

Prison guards? You want to know who prison guards listen to, the warden who listens to powerful political people that are above him. This part is not hard. A prison guard is some working schmoe, not some noble paladin. If some wealthy lawyer type with permission to enter from the warden comes in and says "This guy will talk to Epstein alone", he'll leave him alone. That part is not hard to understand. I know very few folks that will stand up to a more powerful person that can cost them their job or ruin their life face to face, especially if said person shows up with someone that looks like they're not much going to tolerate you giving them lip. Fear gets things done.

And have you been to a prison? You would be surprised how few prison guards are on duty at a prison. I worked with a prison guard for a while. I asked him a ton of questions and the answers were surprising. Usually one or two guards with a large crew of prisoners. Often one guard monitoring multiple cell blocks by CCTV at night. Prisons have a light number of people handling a fairly large prison population. I was surprised. He even explained how a woman guard was killed at the Monroe prison when she was alone and a prisoner left his prison detail and wasn't caught gone until they did a headcount later on. He had time to kill her and hide the body before they noticed. Prison guards are not going to do a whole lot more than they are told to do.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:21 pm

Standard procedure for any inmate in any jail or prison is to deprive them of anything that can be used as either a weapon or a means to commit suicide, yet Aaron Hernandez was still able to get the job done. I'm wondering if Epstein was taken off the suicide watch or if someone wasn't aware that he was supposed to be on one. They're supposed to have human eyes on them 24/7. At the very least, there's a monumental blunder that was made.

There will obviously be an investigation done. Let's see what they come up with.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:19 pm

RiverDog wrote:Standard procedure for any inmate in any jail or prison is to deprive them of anything that can be used as either a weapon or a means to commit suicide, yet Aaron Hernandez was still able to get the job done. I'm wondering if Epstein was taken off the suicide watch or if someone wasn't aware that he was supposed to be on one. They're supposed to have human eyes on them 24/7. At the very least, there's a monumental blunder that was made.

There will obviously be an investigation done. Let's see what they come up with.

If Trump can smear some Democrats in this investigation, he's going to take the opportunity for certain.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:26 pm

How funny (and sad) is it that this forum displays more caution than the POTUS. I’m talking about the tweet promoting conspiracy theories specifically about Clinton bring responsibile for Epstein’s death, of course without any evidence. It’s no surprise sadly, since he did exactly the same with the birther conspiracy, the wire tapping conspiracy...the only conspiracy he doesn’t believe is that Russia has nothing to do with trying to undermine our election process. Because of course.
I-5
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Good point about Trump promoting conspiracy theories regarding this . He and his shills have dumbed down the expectations for presidential behavior to unthinkable lows. It might in his interests to deflect scrutiny as it is surfacing that the girl suing trump in civil court just before the election for raping her at age 13 was connected to the Epstein harem. She dropped the case citing death threats and has not been publicly named but she’s out there . As for Epstein’s death he was taken off suicide watch after about a week but was supposed to have a cell mate and receive welfare checks every half hour. None of this happpened on a night when the first of a slew of documents naming powerful men from all across the globe in this scandal were released. There is also a rumor yet unsubstantiated that cameras were not working in the area of his cell. His demeanor had been described as upbeat, in good spirits just before his *suicide*. Smells pretty bad...
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Initial reports are that they did take Epstein off the suicide watch. His first alleged suicide attempt occurred on July 23rd and he's dead on the morning of August 10th, so the maximum he could have been on the watch was 17 days. Given his status, that seems wholly inadequate. Inmates coming off a suicide watch are supposed to have a cell mate which Epstein did for a period of time but the cell mate was moved out for some unknown reason and not replaced. Guards were supposed to be checking in on him ever 30 minutes, which appears not to have happened, and it appears that both guards assigned to monitor Epstein were on overtime, one that had worked 5 straight days of OT and another that was forced to work OT. So we have a high profile inmate that was taken off a suicide watch in a matter of a couple weeks and two subsequent protocols not followed due to what appears to be incompetence or negligence by overworked guards.

I'm finding this story almost too incredible to believe. One of the highest profile prisoners in the country and they botch it that badly? I'm not ascribing to any conspiracy theories, at least not yet, but this sure smells to high heaven. There's just two possibilities: A conspiracy or an epic f*ckup.

This is a typical government run operation if I've ever seen one. And who was it that was critical of a for-profit company operating jails?

http://m.cnn.com/en/article/h_32db89de1 ... b488b30e86
RiverDog
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic