Wow - 40 Year Anniversary

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Wow - 40 Year Anniversary

Postby savvyman » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:08 pm

savvyman
Legacy

Re: Wow - 40 Year Anniversary

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:23 pm

One of the dozen or so Zeppelin songs I swear is my favorite Zeppelin songs every time I hear it!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:30 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:One of the dozen or so Zeppelin songs I swear is my favorite Zeppelin songs every time I hear it!

Yep - Did you ever see Seattle's own Ann & Nancy Wilson "Getting the Led Out" at the Kennedy Center honors for Led Zeppelin? The boys were impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFxOaDeJmXk
Last edited by savvyman on Wed May 13, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:20 am

Oh all the time!

I first saw Ann and Nancy playing at the Northgate Mall in the 70's (74?) and have seen them 8 times in concert. Mine was one of the one of the pairs of hands Nancy said was "going to go down in history" on "I Got the Music in Me" (recorded at the Aquarius Tavern on old 99) on the Magazine album. Heart was known then as "the Northwest's little Led Zeppelin" and has always covered Zep in their live shows. Nobody does it better!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:56 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Oh all the time!

I first saw Ann and Nancy playing at the Northgate Mall in the 70's (74?) and have seen them 8 times in concert. Mine was one of the one of the pairs of hands Nancy said was "going to go down in history" on "I Got the Music in Me" (recorded at the Aquarius Tavern on old 99) on the Magazine album. Heart was known then as "the Northwest's little Led Zeppelin" and has always covered Zep in their live shows. Nobody does it better!

That's a really sweet story Bob. Ann & Nancy were quite the pretty girls in their youth to boot.

I had a friend who loved music who got to see Heart, Led Zeppelin, Hendrixs, literally all the greats back in the late 60's early 70's when they were relatively unknown when they played the smaller venues in Seattle - I think he told me that he saw Led Zeppelin at Green Lake. What a great time to have been a coming of age young adult (except for the Vietnam War....) - Maybe the greatest time in the history of the country?
savvyman
Legacy

Return to Off Topic