RIP BB King

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

RIP BB King

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri May 15, 2015 6:50 am

I sure hope they bury him with Lucille, can't let him use a house axe, even in heaven.

RIP BB, you're missed already.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: RIP BB King

Postby RiverDog » Fri May 15, 2015 8:49 pm

I can remember my parents going to a concert of his, in Walla Walla, way back in the early 70's. I thought he was old then. I'll consider myself lucky if I live as long as he did. When someone said The Blues or Rhythm & Blues, the first person I thought of was B.B.King.

RIP B.B. King
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: RIP BB King

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun May 17, 2015 11:45 am

The "thrill" has definitely gone. I remember B.B. talking about how there is always these "guitar slingers" coming up to him and wanting jam. When he would jam, he would play in the styles of guitar players he admired and not his own stuff, most, those who could play B.B. would slink away with their axe between their legs. Two that didn't were Eric Clapton & Carlos Santana. Carlos said he about died when B.B handed him Lucille and wanted him to play "her". Clapton really impressed B.B. "he kept right with me and I wasn't even playing my own style or stuff".

Yeah, B.B. will be missed, I hope his family got to see him before he passed.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Return to Off Topic