Serman addresses "the Meme"

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Serman addresses "the Meme"

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:15 am

In case you hadn't seen it, this was a Meme some a-hole named King Noble posted using two of our favorite players likenesses:

To which someone pretending to be Sherm posted a very heavily circulated response on FB (it's easy enough too find if you want to see it) ... yesterday Sherm set the record straight in his own words:

https://youtu.be/CUvvWZdKrBI
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Serman addresses "the Meme"

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:26 am

Nice link! Thanks for posting it.

My attitude towards Richard Sherman has taken an almost 180 degree swing since he first became a member of our team. At first, I thought he was more along the lines of what Futureite thinks of him, ie a smart azz, trash talking jerk. I was ashamed to have him on our team, that I liked rooting for the guys in the white hats, that he was not an example of the type of sportsman I was raised to be. I'm still not too thrilled with some of his antics.

But over the past couple of years, I've come to appreciate him as a highly intelligent person that speaks the truth and is blessed with a lot of common sense. My conversion started when I took the time to read his bio and continued after watching some of the interviews like the one above. I couldn't agree more with what he said and have been saying similar things for the same time, that blacks need to clean up their own back yard before they start portraying themselves as the victim of a racist white society, and that there are indeed bad cops with bad agendas out there. I commend him for taking the time not only to clear the air on the malicious post made in his name as well as share with us his views, which I think were very reasoned and well timed. I also noticed that he was not talking from a script or rehearsed his remarks. They seemed very genuine and from the heart.

I've been guilty of misjudging characters before but at least I can admit when I've done so and change my opinion. Richard Sherman is a prime example of a case of misjudged character.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:32 am

Yeah, Sherm's an onion, always a deeper layer. Certainly one of my favorites.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:59 am

He still doesn't hold a candle to some of my other favorite Hawks, namely our 3 HOF'ers, Russell Wilson, Mack Strong, Matt Hasselbeck, etc. But he's a lot different person than I ever gave him credit for and I'm a bit ashamed that I had him pegged so badly.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Off Topic