I know Basketball is Dead to most people here

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

I know Basketball is Dead to most people here

Postby kalibane » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:42 am

But if you enjoyed basketball at any time you need to at least check out a Golden State game. First what they are doing right now is truly historic in terms of winning streak. Second.. I went to their game against the Pacers and I was dumbstruck.

It was one of the most amazing displays of Basketball I've ever seen. This team is in such a zone right now that you can't even worry about if they are "hot" (from a shooting standpoint)... If they aren't "cold", you simply don't have a chance. If you were wanting to teach your kid how basketball should be played this is the team you have them watch. This is going to sound like an oxymoron but trust me it's not. I watched an All-Pro NBA player have one of the better defensive games I've seen and he got torched for 39 points because for all his effort the Warriors are impossible to defend when they are on.

If you like the game of basketball on any level, you'll regret not watching these guys.
kalibane
Legacy

Re: I know Basketball is Dead to most people here

Postby burrrton » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:48 am

I was only a mild NBA watcher even at the height of the Payton/Kemp/Schrempf years, but even I had to tune into last night's game after reading how out of this world they're playing.

I don't care about any mid/beginning-season streaks, but it'll be cool to see if they can get to 73 wins or more.

Bonus is Clay is a Coug (I'm sure RD's coworkers will remind him :))...
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:33 am

The last full NBA game I watched was Michael Jordan's last championship game vs. Utah. Once David Stern quietly ushered in Clay Bennett and the Sonics were moved to OKC, I swore I'd never watch another NBA game until they brought the Sonics back to Seattle, and so far, I've lived up to that pledge.

I do occasionally watch CBK, but there hasn't been many horses to root for in our area. Gonzaga is such a choke artist that I get tired of hitching my emotional wagon to them. And burrton, my Coug buddies don't follow basketball very closely. There's only two sports at our place of employments gives a rip about: American football and soccer.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:54 pm

I get that. I no longer have a favorite team but the Warriors are a special experience. I really try not to draw the comparison because for one it's trite and for two it is almost always premature. But watching Curry is the closest thing to watching a Jordan level, "I can't believe what I'm watching", experience I've seen since Jordan.

I mean Curry had his worst two games of the season against Boston and Milwaukee last week. His stat lines were 38 points 8 assists and 11 rebounds; 28 points 7 assists 5 rebounds. It's pretty absurd, and worth watching if only once.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:52 am

I was hoping that GS would make a run at the Lakers 33 game winning steak but, alas, they only got to 24 and then they said they were glad the streak was over. GLAD?? That 33 game winning streak has been one of the most enduring steaks and only a couple of teams have made a serious run at it. It would have been historic to see that mark fall, sort of like watching the Roger Maris 61 HRs mark fall.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Tue May 03, 2016 6:50 am

While I would love to see a return of our Supersonics I am glad our city council did turned down Hansen's request to vacate Occidentl street.

Cris Hansen had a decent idea but he just doesn't have enough of his own capital to see this project through. Hansen got wealty with OPM, "other people's money" and he doesn't have enough of his own to even run and NBA team
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Wed May 04, 2016 10:06 pm

I am very disappointed with the decision. I think this really might have been the final nail in the coffin for Seattle having an NBA team. I understand that the property in question has very high value and potential for development, but I was really hoping this would work out.

Side note: Anyone that has made a lot of money (an actual LOT) did so using other peoples money. Impossible now of days to do it any other way.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri May 06, 2016 11:21 am

Key Arena is not an option to the NBA get over it. IF you guys want BB back in Seattle your going have to build a new arena.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri May 13, 2016 5:33 am

Old but Slow wrote:It now seems most reasonable to revamp the old Key Arena. Gut it, revamp it, make it fit the NBA model, and get it done. The Seattle area is a great area to support an NBA franchise again, but new ideas are needed.

I'm with Obi on this one The footprint isn't big enough and it's in a bad location for traffic. If they can't build it in the stadium district in Sodo, they're better off going out in the suburbs somewhere.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Fri May 13, 2016 12:23 pm

I actually think the location of the key arena is fine. I don't think there's really any better locations as far as traffic is concerned. The problem is, they would have to knock down the key arena and completely rebuild, no way the nba allows Seattle a team without a completely new venue.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Return to Off Topic