O.J. Simpson to confess?

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

O.J. Simpson to confess?

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:26 am

This story has been circulating in the supermarket tabloids for years, but it's starting to reach the mainstream press. One of Simpson's closest friends, Ron Shipp, thinks that if Simpson is released from prison..which could happen next year... that one of the first things he's going to do is to make a confession.

"I hope one day he (Simpson) actually will rid us of all the doubt and all the conspiracy theories and say 'sorry I cannot go to prison (because of double jeopardy laws), but I am sorry I did it," says Shipp, who believes that will happen.

"I do," he said. "I got a call about a conspiracy theory about Jason (Simpson's son) being the killer and I thought, man, come on Juice, just say 'my son didn't do it.'"

There was never a doubt in my mind that Simpson was the killer, and that hideous trial shook my confidence in our justice system to it's core.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.2658462
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: O.J. Simpson to confess?

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:07 am

There was never a doubt in my mind that Simpson was the killer, and that hideous trial shook my confidence in our justice system to it's core.

This.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:27 pm

Simpson will never ever admit guilt. His friend does not know him very well.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:01 am

I know for a fact that A.C. Cowling believes O.J. is guilty. I was in the office of a former team mate of bot O.J. and AC when AC called. I was asked to leave the office but I was able to hear one side of the conversation (I left the door open a crack) and one of the things I over heard their former team mate say to AC was that O.J. would have to answer for what he did to Nicole. This was after the famous Bronco chase, when he found out I had snooped their friend wasn't mad at me, he understood I couldn't help myself when I had realized just whom he was talking to. He told me that O.J. had confessed to A.C. during that Bronco chase and that Cowling had thought that Simpson would confess to the police, we know that that didn't happen. I believe that AC is the only person O.J. ever told the truth to, I doubt he told his lawyers either.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:17 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:I know for a fact that A.C. Cowling believes O.J. is guilty. I was in the office of a former team mate of bot O.J. and AC when AC called. I was asked to leave the office but I was able to hear one side of the conversation (I left the door open a crack) and one of the things I over heard their former team mate say to AC was that O.J. would have to answer for what he did to Nicole. This was after the famous Bronco chase, when he found out I had snooped their friend wasn't mad at me, he understood I couldn't help myself when I had realized just whom he was talking to. He told me that O.J. had confessed to A.C. during that Bronco chase and that Cowling had thought that Simpson would confess to the police, we know that that didn't happen. I believe that AC is the only person O.J. ever told the truth to, I doubt he told his lawyers either.

Interesting story, S4E. As I posted in the link in the OP, Ron Shipp, another longtime Simpson friend, apparently also believes OJ did it if he thinks Simpson is going to confess. The other thing that should be mentioned is that after 20 years, Simpson remains the only suspect that police have so much as talked to in relation to that crime.

I wouldn't make the assumption that OJ didn't tell his lawyers he didn't do it. Before Johnnie Cochran got to him, Simpson was emotionally depressed and dejected, IMO near suicidal, when he appeared before the court. Then suddenly, after he changed his legal team and Cochran replaced Shapiro as lead attorney, OJ was transformed, like he was born again. I think he could have very possibly told Cochran that he did it and that Cochran convinced him that he could still beat the rap if he changed his demeanor, became more visibly defiant, and set the stage for Cochran to play the race card.

There was so much about that trial that outraged me... Judge Ito permitting testimony of the musings of a racist cop without the slightest bit of evidence that he may have planted evidence to frame OJ, the props that the defense attorney used (the head dress Johnnie Cochran wore in his summation to the jury), the very short amount of time the jury took to deliberate in a case that had mounds of evidence that should have taken hours, if not days, to properly vet, the fact that it was shown on live TV, turning a murder trial into a 3 ring circus. Even Watergate didn't come close to the disgust I had over the OJ trial, and it remains the most disturbing thing I've witnessed in our economic-political system...although this Trump-Clinton election is coming real close to matching or exceeding that outrage.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Off Topic