President Trump

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Re: President Trump

Postby Largent80 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:13 am

NorthHawk wrote:It looks like there is some push back from Republicans growing and I think it will become more prevalent if Trump forces out Sessions.
What's already happened is the bill that limits the President's ability to soften measures against Russia as well as North Korea and Iran.
It's just one bill, but the near unanimity shows the Republicans in the House and Senate have some backbone and might just be getting fed up with his antics.

Or, could it be that mid terms are approaching and they KNOW their jobs are being scrutinized now more than ever?

This election woke people up, and guys like Turtle Boy McConnell are on their way out thank Gawd.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:54 am

Hawktawk wrote:No its not a false choice Burrton.

*sigh*

Yes, HT, it is. You presented two choices:

1. The end of the planet is nigh.
2. You're comfortable with Trump in the White House.

One can be 'not comfortable' with Trump in the WH while disagreeing the apocalypse has arrived. You created a false dilemma.

You make yourself sound like a crank doing that.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:11 am

Or, could it be that mid terms are approaching and they KNOW their jobs are being scrutinized now more than ever?

This election woke people up, and guys like Turtle Boy McConnell are on their way out thank Gawd.

Mid term influence is almost certainly a reason, but it seems those who were blindly following Trump might just be opening their eyes, which is a hopeful sign whatever the reasons.
But don't discount how well Sessions is liked in the base that supports Trump. Sessions was promoting the ideas Trump attached himself to way before Trump became a factor in the Republican race.
Trump seems to think Sessions just latched onto his coattails but I think the reality is a bit different. If he gets rid of Sessions and loses part of his base, it would be a real slap in the face for him.

We live in fascinating times (politically).
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:24 am

Largent80 wrote:Hey guys. Sorry I've been an ass lately. A lot of pressure on me from all angles, and add health issues.

For my part, no apology necessary. Speaking for myself, I'm glad you've joined our little group. Despite the fact that I don't always agree with you, you've kept me on my toes and added some spice to our discussions.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:47 am

burrrton wrote:[

*sigh*

Yes, HT, it is. You presented two choices:

1. The end of the planet is nigh.
2. You're comfortable with Trump in the White House.

One can be 'not comfortable' with Trump in the WH while disagreeing the apocalypse has arrived. You created a false dilemma.

You make yourself sound like a crank doing that.

No you actually need to comprehend what I wrote. I never said the sky IS falling. I never said the world IS ending. I said we have never been in more peril than with a commander in chief who is clinically insane IMO.
I said "I hope I am wrong" about everything including the peril but if Im Vlad Putin who has been preparing to WIN a nuclear war for decades I know I'm never going to get a better shot than at this loose minded crackpot holding the red phone.

If that's a false choice in your mind I guess you just don't want to answer the question of whether you specifically feel safe with Trump as commander in chief forgetting all his other responsibilities so whatever.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:02 am

If that's a false choice in your mind I guess you just don't want to answer the question of whether you specifically feel safe with Trump as commander in chief forgetting all his other responsibilities so whatever.

Ok, one more time. With feeling!

You took RD's disagreement about your assessment of our level of "peril" and implied that he must therefore be "comfortable" with Trump. That's not a false choice in my mind- it's a false choice in every textbook in the country discussing such things.

Those aren't the only two choices- that's called presenting a false dilemma.

Moving on from middle school debate, I've made my feelings on Trump *crystal* clear, so I'm not sure what question you think there is left for me to answer. I'm not at all thrilled about Trump being in the WH (read: I'm not "comfortable" with it), but I feel our country and system of government is strong enough to survive an inexperienced idiot being there (read: I don't think we're in apocalypse-level "peril"- we've survived guys like that before. Recently.).
burrrton
Legacy

Previous

Return to Off Topic