O.J Simpson to be paroled

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

O.J Simpson to be paroled

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:11 pm

I completely disagreed with the verdict in his double homicide case, but I can't rightfully say that he should have been kept locked up on the charges he was convicted of.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/oj- ... spartanntp
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: O.J Simpson to be paroled

Postby Largent80 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:07 am

When asked how he’d changed in prison, Simpson indicated that he had taken courses on reducing violence in confrontations. He added that he has mediated many disputes in the prison by using nonviolent techniques, and said he helped create a Baptist service in the prison.

“I was always a good guy,” Simpson said, “but I could have been a better Christian. And my commitment was to become a better Christian.” Like maybe "Thou shalt not Kill" would be a good place to start.

Any guesses on how long it will take this goon to do something stupid again?
Largent80
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:19 am

Yeah good guys don't decapitate their exes. I don't care if he ever commits another crime or if he did serve longer than reasonable for the crime for which he was sentenced, he doesn't deserve a breath of free air as long as he lives IMO.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:44 am

Since he wasn't convicted in the Brown/Goldman slayings, they couldn't use his trial outcome as a means to keep him behind bars longer.
Hopefully he just fades away and we don't hear anything more from him until he passes.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:23 am

I agree with Bob that he didn't *deserve* another breath of fresh air, but you can simultaneously believe he's a murdering POS *and* that the parole board made the correct decision.

We're a nation of laws and all that.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:05 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Yeah good guys don't decapitate their exes. I don't care if he ever commits another crime or if he did serve longer than reasonable for the crime for which he was sentenced, he doesn't deserve a breath of free air as long as he lives IMO.

I agree that he doesn't deserve another breath of free air for the rest of his life. That murder trial of his shook my confidence in our justice system to its core. I hope that race baiter Johnny Cochran is burning in hell for his sins in that fiasco.

But the parole board made the right decision. As far as the law is concerned, Simpson received a fair trial and was acquitted. It should not have entered into their decision.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:04 am

Burrton- "we are a nation of laws and all of that". Really?? Are we STILL a nation of laws?? How can any "just" government expect most of its citizens obey our laws when it is apparent that the uber wealthy and uber powerful break our laws and regulations with impunity.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Really??

Yes, really.

We're certainly imperfect, but that remains the ideal, and the reason you can't throw away the key on a murderous @sshole like OJ for a crime for which he was acquitted.

Head down to Venezuela if you want to see actual "breaking of laws with impunity".
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:01 pm

burrrton wrote:Yes, really.

We're certainly imperfect, but that remains the ideal, and the reason you can't throw away the key on a murderous @sshole like OJ for a crime for which he was acquitted.

Head down to Venezuela if you want to see actual "breaking of laws with impunity".

Yea, I don't think you'd see someone like Martha Stewart convicted in some banana republic.

Justice has gotten more even handed, at least with respects to who they haul in front of the court, over my lifetime. It used to be that the town's star athlete would never get arrested for a suspected DUI. Now even All Pros get their ass hauled to court. There's still a disparity in that money can buy you a much better attorney than a public defender, but I'm not sure how you fix that part of the justice system.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:35 pm

Money= Freedom in our courts. It's been this way forever.

Our court system is a joke.
Largent80
Legacy

Return to Off Topic