McConnell

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

McConnell

Postby Largent80 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:23 am

I got the job...

Trump is president?

Largent80
Legacy

Re: McConnell

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:16 pm

Does anybody remember who was his equivalent in the Reichstag when thy passed the "enabling laws" that led to Hitler's dictatorship?? Not here, but I bet they remember the name in Germany and I certainly won't forget the of this POS and Ryan too. Those two craven turds seem all too willing and eager to do what ever vile thing Trump bids them to do.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:09 am

In or around 1932/33 (I can't remember which) Hitler was appointed Chancellor of Germany after agreeing to a coalition with conservatives. It was thought they would contain him, but his popularity eventually caused them to give in on his agenda and the rest, sadly, is history. Paul von Hindenburg was the president of Germany at the time.

As they had a different form of government, it's difficult to draw parallels with the US. There are more checks on power in the US, but it relies on the independence of the elected members to rein in excesses of any of the other branches.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:27 pm

Nothing is ever an exact parallel. Yes, the form of government is different but the similarities are striking.

What similarities? The leaders of the coalitions that partnered with the NAZIs in order to form a government believed that they could control Hitler.

The GOP, the Murdochs, the Koch Bros., and the rest all believed that they could control Trump, they can't.

The first thing that Hitler did upon assuming power was to make everybody, especially the military, in to taking a personal loyalty oath to himself.

Trump, upon his inauguration demanded a loyalty oath, and fired those that refused.

The German military thought they cold control Hitler, they could not.

Many of you have put your faith in Kelley, Mattis, and Mc Masters believing that they can "restrain" Trump. Don't buy it. All 3 have already violated what they know to be against the Military Code of Justice.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Nothing is ever an exact parallel. Yes, the form of government is different but the similarities are striking.

What similarities? The leaders of the coalitions that partnered with the NAZIs in order to form a government believed that they could control Hitler.

The GOP, the Murdochs, the Koch Bros., and the rest all believed that they could control Trump, they can't.

The first thing that Hitler did upon assuming power was to make everybody, especially the military, in to taking a personal loyalty oath to himself.

Trump, upon his inauguration demanded a loyalty oath, and fired those that refused.

The German military thought they cold control Hitler, they could not.

Many of you have put your faith in Kelley, Mattis, and Mc Masters believing that they can "restrain" Trump. Don't buy it. All 3 have already violated what they know to be against the Military Code of Justice.

Really? The Hitler analogy again? I heard this with Obama. I heard it with Bush Jr.

I want you to tell me what Trump has really done at this point? I see nothing. The President is not the most powerful person in the world. That is American arrogance. He's a heavily hand-cuffed man whose greatest power appears to be spouting off on Twitter in a fashion that sends folks like yourself and the general media into a frenzy.

You do realize that the rise of Hitler had a lot more to do with economics than the man himself. America is not anywhere an economic state to allow the rise of a Hitler-type figure. Nor do we have the homogenous population necessary to create a "master race" or anything closely resembling this. We are way too diverse.

I'm just wondering when all the over-reacting and ridiculous people in this nation are going to step down from the ledge. I guess it's the same as the anti-Obama people that didn't feel better until Obama was out of office. I guess I have to listen this over-reacting until Trump is voted out or leaves because of term limits. I hope he doesn't last a second term. This is getting far too annoying. Then I doubt America will show any more sense voting in a quality candidate that will actually govern the nation in a fashion that makes enough people happy to stop the over-reactions.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Return to Off Topic