Well hello!

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Well hello!

Postby geekhawk » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:23 am

So, you can run but you can't hide... Just found this joint. I was wondering where Rob had gone to!

If you don't already know me, an intro:

Name: Geekhawk
Age: pretty old (like, retiring before too many more years)
Seahawks fan since: Does it matter, really? Okay, since the very beginning when I was in high school.
Job: Nuclear engineer (EE). Probably sounds cooler than it is. But it's why I'm a geek! Or maybe it's the other way around. And since I work for the Navy, they send me to 'other places' to fix things sometimes. Spent most of August in Yokosuka Japan, for instance.
Other interests: Riding my motorcycle (despite all the wrecks over the years - guess I'm not too smart after all!)

Carry on.
geekhawk
Legacy

Re: Well hello!

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Welcome aboard Geek!

You're in good company. got us a soon to retire CMC hereabouts and I'm ex Navy myself, nuclear waste (failed out Nuke school, went to the fleet as a knuckle-dragger on a Boomer) ... run a power plant in the civilian world.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:25 pm

Hey Pat, welcome aboard. Had to jettison the old dump, just not a fun place to be anymore and besides hardly any of the "old guard" was left. Greg is here as well (Flying or Irish, whichever you choose).
Largent80
Legacy

Postby geekhawk » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:10 pm

I still owe Greg a beer. I told him I'd buy him one when he was still CMC of the Nimitz and I ran into him on the hangar deck one day, but never got around to it...
geekhawk
Legacy

Postby geekhawk » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:15 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Welcome aboard Geek!

You're in good company. got us a soon to retire CMC hereabouts and I'm ex Navy myself, nuclear waste (failed out Nuke school, went to the fleet as a knuckle-dragger on a Boomer) ... run a power plant in the civilian world.

You must be close to my age then. People aren't allowed to flunk out of Nuke school anymore, and to be honest it shows. That's why they have to send me all over to fix stuff, because they don't know how to troubleshoot very well these days. What was your rating? I was an ET, back when Jimmy Carter was president and not a fast-attack boat.
geekhawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:28 pm

A knuckle-dragger on a Nuke sub is an A-ganger (conventional Machinist Mate). And yes, Carter was my Commander in Chief when I was in as well.

Sub fleet A gang was only 80% billeted when I was in Nuke school so they didn't mind ac-dropping us MM's.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:53 am

Welcome to The Shack, geek!
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Off Topic