Birthday today

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Birthday today

Postby idhawkman » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:26 pm

kegerator.JPG
Birthday present
kegerator.JPG (85.16 KiB) Viewed 1596 times

So today is my birthday and I wanted to share with you my new addition to the hot tub man cave I have. You can see the first full pour in the pic.

Games are great from the hot tub....

idhawkman
Legacy

Re: Birthday today

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:07 pm

Happy Birthday, Id! Have fun.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:13 am

That's a sweet setup man!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:59 am

Nice setup, my friend! I'm envious.

And a belated Happy Birthday!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:06 am

Thank you all. I went with a 1/2 barrel of Widmere Heff

Hey Riv,

I still owe you a beer from back in the PI days. Don't recall what for but next time we see each other, its on me.

(The best part of the cave is the Seahawk flags I have and the red led lights that go right throug the eye... :)
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:57 am

idhawkman wrote:Thank you all. I went with a 1/2 barrel of Widmere Heff

Hey Riv,

I still owe you a beer from back in the PI days. Don't recall what for but next time we see each other, its on me.

(The best part of the cave is the Seahawk flags I have and the red led lights that go right throug the eye... :)

You've got me there. I usually am pretty good about remembering debts both owed and owed to me, but I can't remember what yours involved. But I'll gladly accept! :D
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Is that a CRT tv? If so it's an upgrade for that. And grab a keg from a microbrewery, widmer got bought out by Budweiser. Not sure where you live but breweries are everywhere
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Largent80 wrote:Is that a CRT tv? If so it's an upgrade for that. And grab a keg from a microbrewery, widmer got bought out by Budweiser. Not sure where you live but breweries are everywhere

Why yes it is a CRT. But my hot tub area is not lockable as you can't see the skirt that is around it. I can open them up when it is warm and let the air in and close the skirts when its cold and keep the heat in. Therefore, I really don't care if someone steals the CRT. Since I manufacture wifi security Cameras I'll have them on video if they take it. Good luck carrying that heavy piece of sh@t.

I know of quite a few micros around here but they all seem to have some kind of small P@nis envy thing going between them as to how much hops they can put in their brews. I like hops like everyone else but there's a point where it becomes ridiculous. I've always liked Ambers and Hefs and some ales - not much for the stouts and fruity brews at all. (yes, I drink my hefs naked - without the fruit that is). It is a travesty that Widmere was bought out but I knew what I would get from them and I can drink 1/2 barrel of it without getting bored of it, soooo..... :) Color me happy.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Good luck carrying that heavy piece of sh@t.

That's no sh*t. I used to have a 36" Sony CRT (one of these: http://www.ecoustics.com/products/sony- ... -view-crt/) that took 4 large men, in decent shape, to move.

I like hops like everyone else but there's a point where it becomes ridiculous.

This.

I was drinking Redhook at the brewery when it was still brewed in Ballard, and I slowly came along with the move to IPAs and more and more 'hoppy' flavor, but Jeezus H- now it tastes like half of them put their hops in a garlic press and just squeeze hop juice into the keg.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:54 am

Old but Slow wrote:Now is the time for the Oktoberfest beers. Sierra Nevada knocked it out of the park with this years version, a collaboration with a German brewery, that is just the ticket.

It's always been one of my favs as well. Another good one is from Spaten if you can find it.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:58 am

idhawkman wrote:I know of quite a few micros around here but they all seem to have some kind of small P@nis envy thing going between them as to how much hops they can put in their brews. I like hops like everyone else but there's a point where it becomes ridiculous. I've always liked Ambers and Hefs and some ales - not much for the stouts and fruity brews at all. (yes, I drink my hefs naked - without the fruit that is). It is a travesty that Widmere was bought out but I knew what I would get from them and I can drink 1/2 barrel of it without getting bored of it, soooo..... :) Color me happy.

I'm a dedicated IPA drinker, which means I like the bitterness that a fair amount of hops produces, but you're right, too much of them, or too high of an alcoholic content (above 7.2 ABV) makes it too damn heavy. The other thing is that the hops have altered my taste buds. I can't stand to drink a lager anymore.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:36 am

Largent80 wrote:
It's always been one of my favs as well. Another good one is from Spaten if you can find it.

I still have a Spaten stein somewhere in my collection from when I drank it back in the mid 80s. I liked their dark beer best. Haven't seen it around lately though. I thought it was just an East coast vs west coast thing.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:37 am

RiverDog wrote:I'm a dedicated IPA drinker, which means I like the bitterness that a fair amount of hops produces, but you're right, too much of them, or too high of an alcoholic content (above 7.2 ABV) makes it too damn heavy. The other thing is that the hops have altered my taste buds. I can't stand to drink a lager anymore.

I remember when Fosters used to taste good. :lol:
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:03 am

Happy Birthday Id!
I used to watch games from my hot tub. Then I moved and had to sell it due to condominium bylaws.
Im jealous as hell. I never had a tap either. Just an ice cold cooler.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:42 am

Hawktawk wrote:Happy Birthday Id!
I used to watch games from my hot tub. Then I moved and had to sell it due to condominium bylaws.
Im jealous as hell. I never had a tap either. Just an ice cold cooler.

Thank you sir. I've had this on my wish list for quite some time.
idhawkman
Legacy

Return to Off Topic