Tillerson was right

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Tillerson was right

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:14 am

Rex Tillerson once declared that Trump was a moron. Trump, lecturing to a group of Japanese businessmen proved Rex was speaking the truth when he scold them by saying "why don't you try building your automobiles in the United States instead of shipping them to the U.S. I am sure they are still scratching their heads wondering how we could have elected such a know nothing blithering IDIOT to the presidency. Trump has said things just as stupid but it is entertaining watching and hearing the Trump lovers spin his words into something else. Then there is their old standby, blaming the press. "Who and what are you going to believe? Trump or your lying eyes and ears????"
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Re: Tillerson was right

Postby idhawkman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:53 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Rex Tillerson once declared that Trump was a moron. Trump, lecturing to a group of Japanese businessmen proved Rex was speaking the truth when he scold them by saying "why don't you try building your automobiles in the United States instead of shipping them to the U.S. I am sure they are still scratching their heads wondering how we could have elected such a know nothing blithering IDIOT to the presidency. Trump has said things just as stupid but it is entertaining watching and hearing the Trump lovers spin his words into something else. Then there is their old standby, blaming the press. "Who and what are you going to believe? Trump or your lying eyes and ears????"

So what do you propose to help balance the "balance of trade" with Japan? One thing I know, trade deal with Japan will either become more favorable to us or it will be torn up. That won't be good for them and it will not impact us as much since less and less is made in Japan that we don't get similar from somewhere else or build ourselves.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:15 am

Even Trump haters on Twitter admit now the full context of that comment indicated he knows full well they manufacture huge numbers of cars here.

Perpetuating this stupid talking point is what allows him and his supporters to keep hollering "FAKE NEWS". See also: feeding fish.

IMO he may very well be a moron, but is there really so little real stuff to criticize him about that you have to pretend he had no idea Honda et al manufacture cars in the US, like everyone over the age of 16 has known for decades?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:59 pm

I love the fish story and how those who jumped on that story had to delete the post or retract it once they got the full story.

If you tell only half the story, then it is fake.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:43 am

idhawkman wrote:So what do you propose to help balance the "balance of trade" with Japan? One thing I know, trade deal with Japan will either become more favorable to us or it will be torn up. That won't be good for them and it will not impact us as much since less and less is made in Japan that we don't get similar from somewhere else or build ourselves.

I don't understand the balance of trade issue. Unemployment in this country is as low as it's been in years and the economy is humming along just fine. Besides, I rather enjoy the lower prices and generally equal or better quality of products that are being produced internationally vs. some of the expensive junk produced in this country (hello Detroit).

Additionally, I see trading with a foreign partner, specifically red China, as a huge weapon that can be as effective at keeping them at bay military as a couple of aircraft carriers stationed off their coast. China is not going to want to endanger their trade arrangement with us as it could disrupt their system of government if we pull the rug out from underneath their economy. A robust international trade arrangement is the best way to prevent another war.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:57 pm

IDH, what? You didn't post a link from that ONE Trump supporter who works for the Washington Post who claimed Trump's words were taken "out of context"???

Because, that is ALL you have. Just like when Trump says "everybody is saying such and such" or he says " there is a lot of people who are saying this and that when the ONLY person he is talking about is himself. So, you conflate what ONE Post reporter who is a well known Trumplover says into many sources. That is yet another form of LYING, but then you knew that didin't you?

I know exactly what I heard, and there is no way you can HONESTLY say that Trump did NOT tell the Japanese "Why don't you try building you automobiles in the United States INSTEAD of shipping them there". How in the #&$(*&$ can you possibly twist that in to meaning something else. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?? Do you have a hearing disorder?? Are you developmentally delayed??? Oh, that's right, you are a Trumplover and you would know the truth if it bit you in the behind.

What's that smell" Can't you smell that smell? That smell is hot tar being heated up for all of you Trumpsters who will be tarred and feathered for backing a despicable TRAITOR.

All of those coal minors that thought Trump was their friend won't be his friend anymore when his administration follows through with gutting the safety regulations. Go ahead, tell us how much "love" they will still show him and the rest of the GOP when he does that. The miners literally DIED for those safety regs. and woe to the morons who think they not retaliate but they will, oh yes, they will.

How's Virginia doing for you? Just a harbinger (I must make you work hard when I use what you think are big words) of things to come. Voters that never voted democrat in their life did so because the current bunch of republicans at just too far to the Hopefully, the GOP will once again welcome more moderate members instead of driving them away.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:43 pm

RiverDog wrote:
I don't understand the balance of trade issue. Unemployment in this country is as low as it's been in years and the economy is humming along just fine. Besides, I rather enjoy the lower prices and generally equal or better quality of products that are being produced internationally vs. some of the expensive junk produced in this country (hello Detroit).

So I'll try to explain the balance of trade issue for you.

Let's say I have those cheap equal or better price products you like and you keep buying them from me - as much as you like. In return I tell you that there's nothing you have that I want or that if my kids want what you have, you'll have to sell them at double the cost of what we sell that widget for. They don't like that idea and buy the widget from me instead even though yours is better They just can't afford paying $100k for a Harley from you when they can get a Kawasaki from me at $20k.

If that's the case, how long before you have no more money to buy my cheap products? By the way, Harley went out of business in your world because no one was buying them and all those workers are now laid off and you are having to pay for their unemployment, food stamps, health care and everything else?

That's what happens when you have a skewed balance of trade. It only works if what you sell me is offset with a similar amount of stuff I sell you. Otherwise, someone is going to run out of money and not be able to pay for their stuff. Unfortunately, there won't be any stuff to buy either because that trade went bankrupt in your environment, in the meantime.

Additionally, I see trading with a foreign partner, specifically red China, as a huge weapon that can be as effective at keeping them at bay military as a couple of aircraft carriers stationed off their coast. China is not going to want to endanger their trade arrangement with us as it could disrupt their system of government if we pull the rug out from underneath their economy. A robust international trade arrangement is the best way to prevent another war.
Look up "Made in China 2025" to see their ultimate goal and how big a weapon it really is but not pointed in the direction you think.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:IDH, what? You didn't post a link from that ONE Trump supporter who works for the Washington Post who claimed Trump's words were taken "out of context"???

Fake news. There is no Trump supporter at WAPO.

Because, that is ALL you have. Just like when Trump says "everybody is saying such and such" or he says " there is a lot of people who are saying this and that when the ONLY person he is talking about is himself. So, you conflate what ONE Post reporter who is a well known Trumplover says into many sources. That is yet another form of LYING, but then you knew that didin't you?

Kettle, that pot is black.... It's the same thing the left has been doing for years in the press. How many times do you hear them say, "The American people..." when in reality there's no such consensus.

I know exactly what I heard, and there is no way you can HONESTLY say that Trump did NOT tell the Japanese "Why don't you try building you automobiles in the United States INSTEAD of shipping them there". How in the #&$(*&$ can you possibly twist that in to meaning something else. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?? Do you have a hearing disorder?? Are you developmentally delayed??? Oh, that's right, you are a Trumplover and you would know the truth if it bit you in the behind.

Wow, The ignorance of that comment is just staggering.

What's that smell" Can't you smell that smell? That smell is hot tar being heated up for all of you Trumpsters who will be tarred and feathered for backing a despicable TRAITOR.
Again, accusations and no proof. What exactly has he done to be a traitor? Exactly, not inuendo or someone else said this or that or anonymous sources say... etc. etc. etc.

All of those coal minors that thought Trump was their friend won't be his friend anymore when his administration follows through with gutting the safety regulations. Go ahead, tell us how much "love" they will still show him and the rest of the GOP when he does that. The miners literally DIED for those safety regs. and woe to the morons who think they not retaliate but they will, oh yes, they will.

Lots to unpack here but let's go...

I don't know, should we wait for those minors to mature into puberty or what?

Safety, hmmm... do you think the NFL players know the risks they take on when they accept a contract? How about the soldier that enlists and pledges their loyalty to the constitution against ALL enemies, foriegn and domestic with a blank check that is payable with their arm, leg, eye, face and yes, even their very life. ALL occupations come with certain risks and people still voluntarily sign up for those risks in exchange for food, shelter, happiness, etc.

The miners know exactly what they are signing up for and there won't be any retaliation on Trump. I do remember them retaliating against Obama and Hillary in the last election because they had no job to go to and if they wanted to raise their kids in the same town or city that they grew up in it would have to be if they were wards of the state through welfare and food stamps.

How's Virginia doing for you? Just a harbinger (I must make you work hard when I use what you think are big words) of things to come. Voters that never voted democrat in their life did so because the current bunch of republicans at just too far to the Hopefully, the GOP will once again welcome more moderate members instead of driving them away.

hmmm... Another ad hominem attack - par for the course.

Regarding Virginia, it is expected. I lived in northern Virginia for over 20 years and worked in government. The trend toward the left has been happening for many years and the results in Virginia are not surprising at all. Why? Because all the counties in northern virginia are dependent on the government spending that has been doubled in the last 8 years. Their lives are attached to that umbilical cord of Govt. spending. The shipyards in Norfolk also go for the dems. The biggest thing to learn from the Virginia election is that Gillespie (former RNC chairman and epitome of an establishment Republican) didn't ask Trump to come and campaign with him. He was more aligned with the "Never Trumpers" on the right than with the Trump Right. So don't go getting too excited about the Virginia election and read too much into it. REmember, Trump lost Virginia by only 5% and Gillespie lost it by over 9%.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:18 pm

How many times do you hear them say, "The American people..." when in reality there's no such consensus.

My favorite over the years has been when they start with "Some say..." so they can level whatever charge they made up in their head and present it as if it's the conscience of America.

Just a harbinger (I must make you work hard when I use what you think are big words) of things to come.

LOL. He thinks he's using words others will find confusing with "harbinger"?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:42 am

burrrton wrote:My favorite over the years has been when they start with "Some say..." so they can level whatever charge they made up in their head and present it as if it's the conscience of America.

One of my favorites is "sources close to the Administration..." as if that somehow validates their accusations.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:54 am

RiverDog wrote:One of my favorites is "sources close to the Administration..." as if that somehow validates their accusations.

LOL- yeah, there's that one, too. They're all synonyms for "the reporter in the cubicle next to me".
burrrton
Legacy

Return to Off Topic