LeBron is the 4th greatest players of all time

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

LeBron is the 4th greatest players of all time

Postby politicalfootball » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:53 am

Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, LeBron James.

That's the way I see it. Larry Bird and Magic Johnson are up there too.

30,000 points lots of appearances in the finals and he is not through. 260 pounds of performance that is LeBron James. Dream team..........
politicalfootball
Legacy

Re: LeBron is the 4th greatest players of all time

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:44 pm

That's a good top six. I'd be happy to build a team around any one of them.

1 on 1 round robbin I think it'd come down to Michael and Magic.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:09 pm

Wilt was such a freak of nature for his time it's hard to know how he would do in the modern NBA.

Jordan's my GOAT. I watched Magic and Larry and both were great. But I never watched anyone as determined to win with the talent to make it happen as Jordan.

Lebron James gained huge respect pulling off that Finals win against the team with the best regular season record in history that thought they had the championship in the bag. That will be the pinnacle of his great career. It showed how clearly Steph Curry wasn't in the same league as players like Jordan. Jordan would never have allowed that to happen.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:20 pm

Wilt didn't win enough title's to qualify as the GOAT or even in the top 5.

MJ, Russell, Magic & Jabbar are all ahead of LeBron at this point in his career IMHO. Rings are the thing...

LaBron is about = to Bird and Wilt in the next group of 5.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:34 am

Wilt would have had to really "up" his game if he had wanted to compete with a whole league of 7ft. gifted athletes. I am SURE Wilt would have, but he have not been the dominate force he was "back in the day".

The thing with M.J. is that he played his whole career under different rules than Wilt, Kareem, Oscar, Jerry, Dr. J, etc... 2.5 and 3.5 step lay ups?? No "palming the ball" called, travelling called a players "move", no "up and down" w/o shooting the ball called I could go on and on.

Could M.J. have played and prospered in the earlier era?? You bet he could! He WAS the BEST I have EVER seen and I have seen 'em all. It all comes down to, did J.T Super Star make the players around him (or her) better? You cannot argue that MJ made the players around him better. Magic and Larry did too, but both Magic's 'Show Time" and Larry's Celtics were loaded with talent and Jordan's Bulls not so much. That fact in and of its self I believe vaults Jordan over both Larry and Magic.

Before his championship in 2016 Lebron had won on teams that were loaded with talent, so too were the Lakers with Kobe, with or without Shack. To me, that puts others over them.

So, any "list" of the all time NBA greats has to start with M.J.

M.J. "willed" the Bulls two sets of "three-peats". I knew when I saw that game 6 of the Bulls-Sonics championship series was going to be played on Father's Day that it would be all over with, that there would be NO game 7 that year. The Sonics, led by the Glove and Shawn Kemp was a better team than the one that dropped the first 3 games of that series, our deep was deep and talented. BUT, it didn't matter M.J. was on a mission and part of that mission was to destroy any thought our players may have had that they might have a chance. Sure, we came roaring back to win the next two, BUT, then it WAS Fathers Day and I KNEW that there was NO WAY on THAT day that Jordan and HIS Bulls would be denied. I have witnessed very few players "will" an out come like M.J. could and none so consistently. He was simply the BEST of ALL TIME.

Who is my number 2? I don't know, I just know who is 1
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:59 am

Where's Kareem?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Ok guys you reminded me of what it is all about. After reading this I want to change my order of picks.

MJ
Wilt
Russell
Kareem
Magic
Bird
Oscar
Erving
Shack
LeBron
Miken
West
Marevitch
Gervin

That's all I can post for now
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:32 pm

No Olajuwan?..Malone, Stockton, David Robinson?

jeez. Suckage here.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:34 pm

Do you realize how many triple doubles Oscar had . 181 Magic Johnson is second with 137

So maybe Oscar moves up on the list.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:48 pm

I Think It's a long way before we say LeBron is in the top 10 you guys changed my mind. Hopefully he has a long career yet.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Return to Off Topic