School Shooting in Broward, Florida

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Re: School Shooting in Broward, Florida

Postby burrrton » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Largent80 wrote:Are you talkin to me....PUNK? walk on home boy.

LOL. You're on quite a roll today with the incoherent namecalling, largent.

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:43 am

OK, Governor, go ahead and sign the bill. The bill in Florida is not perfect, not even close but it is a start. Nobody is going to turn in to a pumpkin having to wait until they are 21 in order to buy a certain type of gun. big deal, should it turn out to be the wrong move it can be amended but, like I said, it is a start.

The best thing is that there is a provision where LEO's can remove guns from a certain class of people with mental issues. I s it perfect? Comprehensive? No, not even close but it is a start, a beginning where before there was NOTHING.

It WILL provide funds for those teachers who WANT to be able to bring their own fire arms to school to be FULLY TRAINED so that should they ever find themselves in the horrid situation of a school shooting they will be an ASSET for GOOD instead of being yet another statistic or even worse a liability.

Most importantly the bill will start the money going to HARDEN THIER PUBLIC SCHOOLS so that maybe they won't be targeted any more.

It is just a start, much more will need to be done in FLORIDA. But, let what the Florida legislature was able to accomplish and let them be a GUIDE POST and be a beacon so that other states can find their own back bones and stand up to the NRA and pass some REASONABLE Safety Laws and regulations.

Postby RiverDog » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:57 am

I saw an interesting comment on social media the other day. It wondered out loud how those teenagers that are lobbying for more gun control would react if a bill was passed restricting their access to cell phones and/or surrender their right to drive an automobile due to their propensity to text and drive and their lack of recognition that it's a serious problem that kills hundreds.

Return to Off Topic