Your Fav. TV shows (right now)

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

Your Fav. TV shows (right now)

Postby Largent80 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:44 am

I guess include streaming and even cable.

My favorite show on TV right now is Shameless. Always loved Macy as an actor and his Frank is the perfect loser, as is the entire family.

There's a whole bunch of shows I like on Netflix, Peaky Blinders, Altered Carbon, etc.

On network tv Marvels agents of Shield (Ming na Wen...yum), and I kinda like This is us.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Your Fav. TV shows (right now)

Postby burrrton » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:06 am

I started Downton Abbey recently, and I'm HOOKED. Fascinating (if romanticized) look at the 'caste' system in place during that period, fantastically acted, characters you instantly feel invested in.

If you like nature shows (I do), Blue Planet II is mind blowing (as are Blue Planet I, Planet Earth, etc). Anything with Attenborough narrating, in fact.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:37 am

Nova on PBS. I've never seen a bad episode.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:57 pm

My wife and I like watching "Man with a Plan". I also like NCIS still. Not sure how I feel about Abby leaving that show though.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:30 am

I used to love sitcoms, All in the Family, Mary Tyler Moore, WKRP in Cincinnati, Barney Miller, et al, and I never missed an episode of Saturday Night Live. But sometime in the 80's, I began to lose interest in them, probably corresponding with the arrival of nation wide cable channels and VCR's. Now all I seem to be interested in is documentaries and sports.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:05 pm

Old but Slow wrote:I am a Trog. No TV, no cell phone (my phone is still on the wall, with a cord), but I do have a desktop Mac that I spend a lot of time on. So maybe I'm a part-Trog. I have fond memories of past shows that I enjoyed, and now I regret not being able to watch certain events (I would have liked to watch McElroy win at the Palmer). But, I have my books, and you guys, and hopes, so it's all good.

How do you get your football fix?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:56 am

Old but Slow wrote:I meet friends at my local pub for Seahawks games, and occasionally for other games that interest me. Not really convenient, but it's OK. I also look at video clips on line, especially for draft info.

Do you have access to a decent over-the-air signal? It's free and a better quality signal than you can get via cable or satelitte. If you can get decent reception, you can see most of the games except those on ESPN and NFL Network. Sometimes all it takes is a $10 pair of rabbit ears. And since you have internet access, there are some games that are streamed live for free. All of the TNF and London games were available in past years.

My last full paycheck while being employed is tomorrow, so we've made a number of cost saving changes in our household budget, one of them being getting rid of our expensive satellite service and going with a combination of OTA and internet streaming for our TV service. It's way cheaper. Just some thoughts. L80 started a thread about it in this forum.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:49 pm

RiverDog wrote:I used to love sitcoms, All in the Family, Mary Tyler Moore, WKRP in Cincinnati, Barney Miller, et al, and I never missed an episode of Saturday Night Live. But sometime in the 80's, I began to lose interest in them, probably corresponding with the arrival of nation wide cable channels and VCR's. Now all I seem to be interested in is documentaries and sports.

I still laugh remembering certain episodes of WKRP in Cincy. That was one great show...
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:22 pm

idhawkman wrote:I still laugh remembering certain episodes of WKRP in Cincy. That was one great show...

"God as my witness..."
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:22 am

idhawkman wrote:I still laugh remembering certain episodes of WKRP in Cincy. That was one great show...

Yea, my favorite was when Herb Tarlick, who always fancied himself as God's gift to women, was making a move on what he thought was an old high school flame and just as he was getting sexually aroused, discovered that the lady was a transgender.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:38 pm

WKRP was awesome. I still watch it on occasion. It's only four seasons and easy to find online. Loved the theme song. The group was hilarious. Herb, Les, Dr. Johnny Fever, Bailey, Jennifer, Venus, Mr. Carlson, and Andy. Best radio TV show other than maybe NewsRadio with Phil Hartman.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:12 pm

Best radio TV show other than maybe NewsRadio with Phil Hartman.

There's no "maybe" needed there- NewsRadio was double-you-over-laughing funny.
burrrton
Legacy

Return to Off Topic