SCOTUS Rules Against Trump

Politics, Religion, Salsa Recipes, etc. Everything you shouldn't bring up at your Uncle's house.

SCOTUS Rules Against Trump

Postby RiverDog » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:40 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/supre ... tp&ffid=gz

At issue was an immigration statute being enforced by the Trump Administration that called for the immediate deportation of any immigrant, legal or otherwise, that had been convicted of a felony.

The court essentially said that the statute was too vague, and although I agree with the spirit of the statute, that one condition for being a guest in our country is obeying the law, I have some personal experience that leads me to agree with the high court.

I had an employee that we had to fire because he was throwing rocks at his girlfriend's house. Our company had a policy of not hiring or firing any employee convicted of a felony, and when our guy unknowingly plead guilty of domestic violence malicious mischief, he did so not knowing if the damage was above $350, ie a broken window of which he paid, it was considered a felony.

Oddly enough, Trump's recent SCOTUS appointee, Neil Gorsuch, was the swing vote and sided with the liberal wing of the court. IMO the appointment of Gorsuch was one if not of the best decision that Trump has made.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: SCOTUS Rules Against Trump

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:45 pm

The Court is right. These crimes need to be reviewed. BS crimes need to be vetted. Focus on the hard criminals and get rid of them.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Return to Off Topic